Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Heck yeah

Having Jason to be in charge of Bizarro going to makes him more responsible and will mature him alot.

And Rise, did you see DC tweet of the preview? The #bff hashtag made me laugh.

I did. Poor Roy, Jason has easily replaced him lol.

Every time I think I can't love this book more, Lobdell create another great issue and prove me wrong.

This issue was all about Jason and Bizarro and I absolutely loved how Lobdell handle it. Jason and Artemis interactions never failed to amuse me and I loved Jason talk with Alfred.

Can't wait for the next arc.
    Last edited by REAL; 02-08-2017 at 03:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Solid issue but damn, Colak's style is such a letdown coming from Soy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Solid issue but damn, Colak's style is such a letdown coming from Soy.
    Yeah, the faces couldve been much better. Jason didnt even look like himself in some panels. Solid issue, although Jason sneaking in the mansion is strange to me, even discounting wherever this fits in the timeline with Tec and Batman 16, since even last issue made it seem like Jason and Bruce were in an ok place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Yeah, the faces couldve been much better. Jason didnt even look like himself in some panels. Solid issue, although Jason sneaking in the mansion is strange to me, even discounting wherever this fits in the timeline with Tec and Batman 16, since even last issue made it seem like Jason and Bruce were in an ok place.
    I think he is just sneaking in to get the Kryptonite

Extraordinary Member

The timeline makes anyway not much sense. It is usually allready not working with the Titles controlled by the Batoffice.
    For the titles under the controll of other editorial groups, like RHato or Titans ir is even more problematic.

I have anyway the impression that they are in general going by the assumption that all things that happened in books that are already published have already happened, you see hardly anymore things like "this story is set before issue x of series y".

The curent issue of Tec has for example a secne set minth ago where Tim is referring to Jasons attack on the Major. But during that story arc Jason also referenced Tims funeral, so how does that make sense?
    And there is general problem that the time seems to pass differently in different titles.
    In tec there have apparently already passed month since rebirth, RHatO all the post rebirth issues span at best a week in time.

What a beautiful and emotional issue I'm loving this book and Bizarro is fast becoming a favourite of mine.

Really love this issue. While the preview didn't bother me art wise, I was disappointed with the hood and faces for a while, but then Jason and Bizzaro's scene at the end completely blew me away. I love the stillness it gives that makes you concentrate on listening to what Bizzaro's saying, and the petals being the only thing in motion is a nice touch. Gandini's colour really elevated the scene here.

God, what a beautiful issue. Loved every moments and especially the last scenes with Jason and Bizarro.

They reached an understanding in the previous issue and they are still in good place.

Jason isn't sneaking in the mansion because he has problems with Bruce. He sneaking in because he doesn't want him to know about the situation with Bizarro.

Batman-news review wrote this, which explained very well how I felt about this issue but couldn't put it into words:

A significant tonal shift
    I read through this once, and then sat down to hammer out the frame of my review. My initial sense was that it depended more on dialogue, and that a book which has never had the strongest dialogue was failing because of it. As I read through once again, however, I had trouble finding much that was poorly-constructed. The truth is, I am now convinced that RHATO #7 likely features a higher level of quality in each balloon than we’ve been getting up to this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    Having Jason to be in charge of Bizarro going to makes him more responsible and will mature him alot.
    I just hope that translates to to his appearances out side of his book, and sticks should the creative team change.

Mighty Member

So I get everything you guys are saying cause it makes sense but I'm just baffled as to why simply asking for back up Kryptonite would be difficult. I mean I had no problem with him sneaking in, but why not just ask was on my mind.

Because Jason love stealing from Batman.

Also, asking for the Kryptonite would raise questions that I am pretty sure Jason isn't ready to answer.

My guess is while it's good between Jason and Bruce, it doesn't mean that they can work together without clashing. Jason was going to kill Bizarro, if asking Bruce for Kryptonite, that would mean explaining to him what he's going to do or worse, doing it Bruce's way. I doubt Jason would be ready for that, as good as their relationship might be now.