Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I miss something like Grek Pak's Batman/Superman annual. It treated Jason well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I hope that Lobdell will do an Arc to explore the All Caste and bring this aspect back to Jason character. I'm still of the opinion that he is missing some sort of trademark skill or power, most other Batfamily members have something were they stand out but Jason not really.
    Being good with weapons is a skill. I'm sorry I just hate the All Caste mystic stuff. Jason's street level to me and I just didn't like adding that magic crap on to him. They were super uninteresting. Jason can be useful without it just like Batman has his own skill set with Wonder Woman and Superman.

I hope that Lobdell will do an Arc to explore the All Caste and bring this aspect back to Jason character. I'm still of the opinion that he is missing some sort of trademark skill or power, most other Batfamily members have something were they stand out but Jason not really.
    I'm glad if Jason reconnects with the All-Caste, I want to see more interactions with Essence and Ducra, even if she's a ghost or in flashback. The only doubt I has is with the All-Blades and how fits with Artemis being the weapon master (axe,sword,bow..). Maybe it's not a bad idea to explore the All-Caste training and skills apart of the All-Blades to expand Jason repertory, but with limits. Maybe give to him a little improvement in H2H combat.

I don't want to see him overpowered like other characters or bring back the chosen one stuff again like with Tynion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Being good with weapons is a skill. I'm sorry I just hate the All Caste mystic stuff. Jason's street level to me and I just didn't like adding that magic crap on to him. They were super uninteresting. Jason can be useful without it just like Batman has his own skill set with Wonder Woman and Superman.
    Batman has "resources" which are more powerful than any kind of magic. This why he was able to keep up with metahumans characters.

Jason on the other hand doesn't have what Batman has and All-Caste was Lobdell's way to have him keep up with more powerful characters. It also give him his own unique style.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    I'm glad if Jason reconnects with the All-Caste, I want to see more interactions with Essence and Ducra, even if she's a ghost or in flashback. The only doubt I has is with the All-Blades and how fits with Artemis being the weapon master (axe,sword,bow..). Maybe it's not a bad idea to explore the All-Caste training and skills apart of the All-Blades to expand Jason repertory, but with limits. Maybe give to him a little improvement in H2H combat.

I don't want to see him overpowered like other characters or bring back the chosen one stuff again like with Tynion.
    All-Blades only work against magic things. Jason can't use it whenever he wanted.

And I definitely agree with this.

Exactly. And he was resurrected by mysterious means. Might as well go all mystic.
    That aside, it's not just about all the cool things he can do, it's also about the All Caste philosophy and Ducra's teachings that help mature him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Being good with weapons is a skill.
    And is he "good with weapons"? Thats imo not really established, and certainly not to the degree as exceptional skills and Talents of the other Batfamily members. And you see him almost never pull of really impressive trick shots like other characters do it.

Owerpowered is relative. Jason belongs imo now among the oldest and most experienced members of the Batfamily, and he belongs definitely more in the fighter than in the smart guy category, his power level should imo reflect that. And thats imo not really the case.

And btw. if Damian is allowed to have something like Goliath, and Azrael is also using flaming swords, I really don't see why Jasons All-Blades should be a Problem. Even without the just against magic limitation, you could limiting their use just by that using them is very exhausting and he uses them therefore only in emergencies.

Owerpowered is relative. Jason belongs imo now among the oldest and most experienced members of the Batfamily, and he belongs definitely more in the fighter than in the smart guy category, his power level should imo reflect that. And thats imo not really the case.

And btw. if Damian is allowed to have something like Goliath, and Azrael is also using flaming swords, I really don't see why Jasons All-Blades should be a Problem. Even without the just against magic limitation, you could limiting their use just by that using them is very exhausting and he uses them therefore only in emergencies.
    Like I said I don't mind if Lobdell wants to boost a little Jason skills, but with sense and nothing exagerated. My doubts about the All-blades is not for their powers, I know they have limitations. Only can use in the presence of magic or the absolute evil.

Is about the role and the dynamics in the team, if we have someone who wields magical axes and swords (Artemis) may be a bit redudant to have Jason with magic swords too. I don't mind if they appears again but I think Lobdell must be cautious with that and try to don't abuse like you said.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 02-10-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I really liked this issue. Great interaction between Jason and Bizarro, especially the last few pages.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Like I said I don't mind if Lobdell wants to boost a little Jason skills, but with sense and nothing exagerated.
    If you compare it with what the other writers are doing with the rest of the Batfamily characters, he can boost him much more than just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I miss something like Grek Pak's Batman/Superman annual. It treated Jason well.
    I also liked Pak's take on Jason, Batman/Superman #26 was imo also quite good.

Thats the Jason I would like to see in the Bafamily Cross overs.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd actually like to see him use the All Blades again myself, even if its only in a limited way and for his All Caste training to be utilized more. Those two things help make him stand out a bit from the others. You can't even claim that his training with the LoA makes him stand out these days with Damian around even if that might have been the case originally.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The All Blades aren't forgotten but I doubt Lobdell is in any rush to use them again. Word on street is that he also loathed what Tynion did with them and would rather swept them under the rug.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The All Blades aren't forgotten but I doubt Lobdell is in any rush to use them again. Word on street is that he also loathed what Tynion did with them and would rather swept them under the rug.
    Even he doesn't use the All-Blades, he should make more use of Jasons Martial Arts training (I would really like to see stuff like his fight against the Iron Rule in the Gotham Underground more often and more consistently) and define a little bit better what his other powers are.
    One reason why Tynion could write Jason like he did, was imo that Lobdell never clearly defined Jasons "powers".

And know roughly 3 years after Tynions run, the has enough time passed that it would be possible to retcon/reimagine it a little bit. And at least the Idea from RHatO#25 that Jason is able to copy moves and learn Martial Arts by watching Kung-Fu movies is imo a cool idea that I would like to picked up again.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Sweeping them under the rug is, for all intents and purposes, forgetting about their existence though and doing so does nothing to correct the travesty of Tynion's misuse of them either. All that does is attempt to cover the stench of it. A better way to handle it would be to have Jason start using them the way Lobdell intended them to be used. In fact I'd go a bit farther and retcon away Tynion's run altogether because it would allow Lobdell to then write Jason's confrontation with the Untitled the way he envisioned it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-10-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Sweeping them under the rug is, for all intents and purposes, forgetting about their existence though and doing so does nothing to correct the travesty of Tynion's misuse of them either. All that does is attempt to cover the stench of it. A better way to handle it would be to have Jason start using them the way Lobdell intended them to be used. In fact I'd go a bit farther and retcon away Tynion's run altogether because it would allow Lobdell to then write Jason's confrontation with the Untitled the way he envisioned it.
    Why not have an arc about them breaking during a big battle(mysticism/space/bizarro strength tier related) and considering they're part of his regrowth after returning to life, he has them reforged.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.