Default Solar Superman, Rebirth, and Superman: Reborn

Solar Superman played a big part in The Last Days of Superman. Wasn't the resolution essentially something like Solar Superman and New52 Superman sort of exploding, with New52 Superman dying and disintegrating, and Solar Superman presumed destroyed?

It seems to me that we are kind of forgetting that Solar Superman was actually part of the new52 Superman who had sort of split off and combined with a convict, and that energy is neither created or destroyed.

Could he be out there somewhere?

Solar Superman was pretty convinced he was Clark Kent and had his memories, and did creepy things like showing up on Lois Lane's balcony that wouldn't have been creepy for regular Superman. Who else do we know who seems convinced that he's Clark Kent, has memories of being Clark Kent, and is always doing things the real Clark Kent has done but in ways that seems much creepier for indefinable reasons?

What if the human Clark Kent is somehow Solar Superman? Obviously, he's missing the powers and the Superman side of the memories, but maybe the explosion diverted the powers and Superman memories to Lana, Lois, and/or Keenan, while the rest becomes new Clark Kent? Its a bit odd that he has flesh and blood form with human DNA, but could some of the human material be from the convict, transformed? Maybe the memories and lifeforce found a human clone of Clark at Genicon. Solar Superman was fairly confused when he was alive the first time- death dispersement, and only partial reformation in different form could gloss over any holes where the Superman parts should be. The mind has a funny way of inventing ways to fill holes sometimes subconciosily. Also, of course, there are many other players here who could have interfered to get this outcome- Mr. Oz, Dr. Manhattan, Genicon, Post-Crisis Lex Luthor, and anyone else who is or could be part of that meta-narrative.

Also, new Clark Kent showed up an issue after Solar Superman disappeared.

Just a theory.

Anyone else have any thoughts on how Solar Superman might tie into Superman Reborn or *if* he'll tie in at all? I had kind of forgotton about him, but now looking back, it seems like he could have been more important than we know.

Kind of interesting is that Solar Superman showed up at the Daily Planet acting like he was Clark Kent, and they had to call ARGUS to get him removed, with him being made of fire and all. He had the Clark memories and just walked in saying hi to people and talking about their articles and stuff, though. That's basically what new Clark Kent did, but he wasn't made of fire, so they were suspicious but let him provisionally "keep" his life and his job. Shouldn't an office full of reporters have at some point asked themselves of these two weird Clark Kents who showed up so close together under suspicious circumstances are connected? Of course, these are the same investigative journalists wbo in most incarnations can't figure out that Superman works for them in disguise (New52 Lois Lane figured it out, though, to her credit).

The fact that no one at the Daily Planet has sort of tried to even raise the possobility that Solar Superman and new Clark Kent are connected makes me think that maybe I'm on to something. I mean, that's common, right? Sometimes they avoid having characters even mention the truth as a possibiliy so it comes as an out of nowhere surprise later, but still makes sense in light of a prior event people had stopped referencing so as not to tip off the surprise?

Amazing Member

N52 Superman absorbed Solarman I believe, which is what expedited the burn out of his cells.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    N52 Superman absorbed Solarman I believe, which is what expedited the burn out of his cells.
    yep..fun theory though op