Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Censorship Sucks

Talking President Trump Spider-man Cover

I am sure everyone remembers the President Obama Amazing Spider-man cover. You can get them now for about a buck on Ebay. I am curious, do you think we will be seeing a President Trump Amazing Spider-man cover? I would be interested in seeing and buying one! I know Hillary Clinton had her face on a cover of "Faith" (which you can now buy for about a buck on Ebay), I am just curious if Trump will receive the same honors!

The major reason Obama was on the cover was that there was publicity about Obama being a Spider-Man fan. There isn't that kind of situation with Trump.

It's possible we'll see him on covers as he is a world famous individual. Richard Nixon eventually got one.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

How about a Trump cover with Spidey webbing his mouth shut, JJJ style? That I would buy.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The only way comics will feature Putin's boytoy is either in parody or as a villain.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    The only way comics will feature Putin's boytoy is either in parody or as a villain.
    Already happened. Spider-Gwen Annual #1. Among the many foes faced by Earth-65's Captain America (Samantha Wilson) in her interdimensional travels between World War II and the present day was M.O.D.A.A.K. --- the Mental Organism Designated As America's King --- who was basically or literally Donald Trump as M.O.D.O.K.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Already happened. Spider-Gwen Annual #1. Among the many foes faced by Earth-65's Captain America (Samantha Wilson) in her interdimensional travels between World War II and the present day was M.O.D.A.A.K. --- the Mental Organism Designated As America's King --- who was basically or literally Donald Trump as M.O.D.O.K.
    Was this before or after Election Day?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This sounds fantastic. I must own this.

Fantastic Member

I'm not even American and I'm terrified about today. He won't get a cover, he probably hates Spider-Man. Would think it's silly, leftist, childish trash.

If Trump were to read Spider-Man comics though, I know he'd make a tweet giving a big NO WAY to the idea of anything untoward happened to Peter or Anna in Superior

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I'm not even American and I'm terrified about today. He won't get a cover, he probably hates Spider-Man. Would think it's silly, leftist, childish trash.

If Trump were to read Spider-Man comics though, I know he'd make a tweet giving a big NO WAY to the idea of anything untoward happened to Peter or Anna in Superior
    He probably wouldn't care about comics at all, a lot of people aren't that deeply into them. I am the only person in my family who actually even bothers with comic books at all, and even now it's a matter of getting TPBs, everything that the rest of my family knows about superheroes is from the movies.

Here is a link where you can see the art of MODAAK from that comic:
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/...-donald-trump/
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/...donald-trump/1
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/...donald-trump/2

I doubt we will see him again but who knows (I hope we do but treated as a serious villain for a meaningful story arc vs a one page joke). We will never see him agian or the other way see him alot more now. Maybe he could be a special variant cover for the Spider-Gwen series (as MODAAK of course). If that happens Trump will get angry and make a twitter comment (or maybe brush it off as now as president he should be focusing on other more important things or his assistants keep this away from him). If he comments then sales will either decrease or boost significantly for Gwen

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I don't see it happening marvel has always been more liberal and progressive leaning case in point with kamala khan who is Muslim american but it just wouldn't look good if marvel comics themselves was supportive of trump or anyone like trump considering his views on many things which conflicts with marvels progressive and liberal leanings.

like and I won't try to get too political but here's an argument to be had about pearlmutter marvels ceo and trumps close professional relationship but even so I don't think even if marvels ceo pearlmutter is pro trump I don't think that in turn is representative of marvel comics's philosophy for example nick spencer, and Brian Michael bendis, and G willow Wilson are all major critics of trump and his views.

I think it would be best if they just make up a fictional president.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Furthermore, Obama came into office with a big groundswell of support - whereas Trump's polling numbers as PEOTUS have been terrible. Marvel doesn't want to stow away on a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Was this before or after Election Day?
    Six months ago.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not really. It was the Americans feeling that neither candidate was one that they could support and thus they felt pessimistic about voting period. The voting turnout was at an all time low in this presidential election and even then Trump didn't win the popular vote. This 'people were sick of crybabies' rhetoric is basically just one of the few mantras that the Trump supporters use as an excuse, especially when more than half the population of the country didn't vote for him either by voting against him or not voting at all.
    Agreed it's just as tiring as when many critics say of marvel in recent years that they're being pandering to this or that group and sjw's and that they're being pc it's really sad....

The comics industry is quite liberal. They won't show him unless its just to parody him. They're painfully liberal in fact, there's some creators I really like whom I can't even follow on Twitter anymore because I just can't take the butthurt over the election, and I don't even like Trump myself. It bombarded my feed for months.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2017 at 12:05 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El