Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What Norman Osborn are we getting in ASM #25?

Solicits indicate he is now sane (or at least not completely batshit crazy like most of his time as Green Goblin) so I am not sure if we will be getting a Norman closer to the version post-"Revelations" in the mid-1990's who took over the Daily Bugle or some new iteration. Not even sure if he will be suiting up as the Goblin. Thoughts?

Amazing Member

I think this partially answers your question?

http://www.cbr.com/interview-stuart-...ng-spider-man/

Man with a Million faces? Chameleon?

We're getting Dan Slott's Osborn. I think that about sums it up .

Osborn is still evil. Still a bad guy. That's all that matters.

BANNED

We're getting an Osborn that comes in $9.99 slices.

Seriously though, it seems as though we might be seeing Osborn minus the Goblin.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Osborn without the Goblin madness, just a cold and calculating man who is also one of the smartest people on earth. Or as Norman himself put it, the "real" Norman Osborn. So I believe he'll be a bit different than his previous appearances.

I'm both excited and curious tbh, I love me some Norman Osborn and I wanna see how much he changes without the crazyness. I hope Slott delivers a good story.

Wouldn't Osborn without the Goblin be Dark Reign Osborn without the Goblin talking to him and screwing him up?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    We're getting an Osborn that comes in $9.99 slices.

Seriously though, it seems as though we might be seeing Osborn minus the Goblin.
    Norman is always creepy and a nut. You will see...

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't Osborn without the Goblin be Dark Reign Osborn without the Goblin talking to him and screwing him up?
    Yeah, perhaps even above. It's interesting because in an Avengers storyline it was said that Osborn failed because of the Goblin madness. But now he's free of it. And by the brief panels Slott wrote him he does seem to be portrayed as a greater danger than regular Osborn. I also think he'll be a more "to the point" and less games kind of guy, in SSM #31, he seemed to think that all the theatrical stuff he did as Goblin was pointless. Of course, It might all be just hype but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by AmazingFantasy; 02-03-2017 at 03:01 PM.

I wish that Dark Reign were still going on and Bendis wasn't writing it.

BANNED

Can Norman appear without the Colin persona surfacing? He willl have to take some potent meds for that to happen. Anyway it looks like aunt may has forgiven Petey for her second husbands death. I wonder what her reaction would be if she learnt of the grave robbing incident and how there was a possibility of Bens resurrection being on the cards for some time.

the pictures made it look like he's an actual goblin in appearance now; having to wear Norman Osborn masks. that's creepy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the pictures made it look like he's an actual goblin in appearance now; having to wear Norman Osborn masks. that's creepy.
    if so then they have taken a leaf out of bendis USM as it was bendis norman who was first in actually turning into a goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    if so then they have taken a leaf out of bendis USM as it was bendis norman who was first in actually turning into a goblin.
    this looks to just be disfigurement. I don't think he has goblin powers anymore. the ultimate version basically "hulked" out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Osborn is still evil. Still a bad guy. That's all that matters.
    whatever Norman does, business man, Green Goblin, director of Hammer, Iron Patriot, he'll always be a dick.