Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And part of the nature of how they are foils of each other is the masks they wear and how they use them, and how that effects those around them differently.
    while i agree with you, that was the beauty of the ultimate universe. they could test the nature of that mechanism and see if it still worked if presented differently. and from most reports, it did. the duality of civilian identity vs super identity was still captured even if it wasn't via literal masks.
    troo fan or death

I hate hulk goblin with a passion. mostly it's that the size downplays Norman's intellect (just not the trait of a trickster character). plus it's just a boring look. I'd rather him, literally, shed his human form to reveal a more slender goblin beneath than become some kind of bulky etrigan ripoff. ultimately, I'd prefer him just to wear the mask though.

Well, forget about masks vs. genes. How did Ultimate Green Goblin work as a character when only taken in the context of the Ultimate Comics themselves?

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Not a fan of Ult. Gobby appereance as well, but Ult. Norman as a character was well done IMO.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Norman looks all green, and gobliny, which is weird...but if he's not mad, then what's his motive for being on Peter/Spidey‘s case...why the interest/obsession...if this is a different version of Norman...I feel there's some gap here in explanation of what/who Norman is these days....?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Norman looks all green, and gobliny, which is weird...but if he's not mad, then what's his motive for being on Peter/Spidey‘s case...why the interest/obsession...if this is a different version of Norman...I feel there's some gap here in explanation of what/who Norman is these days....?

Jon
    he's lost everything. that's one reason to be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he's lost everything. that's one reason to be angry.
    But is that anything to do with Spidey these days? As opposed to anyone else, or others he could fixate on?

We're going to need a bit of filling in quickly from #25 as to why Spidey comes into Norman's radar..

Oh and meant to say, I'm glad Mockingbird is still appearing in ASM....was a shame she couldn't hold her own title, but nice to see her in ASM...I wonder about the dynamics between Mockingbird and Silver Sable when the latter appears it seems in ASM #26...

Jon

Fantastic Member

I'd like to see a Goblin that is calm and collected, he can have a choir of voices singing in his head and be crazier than a ex girlfriend of your wedding day ... violent as hell...

But tempur tantrums gets old ...

The crazy rage gets old

I didn't like hulk goblin either ... Wish they'd knock him down a peg from the omnipotent Jesus villain he's been at for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I didn't like hulk goblin either ... Wish they'd knock him down a peg from the omnipotent Jesus villain he's been at for a while
    It is suggested that he finally died for good in is last appearance.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It is suggested that he finally died for good in is last appearance.
    I do hope that's the case -

but they've spent so much time entangling him and Spdey - expanding the character and going through great efforts to overcome a essentially a knife through the heart and 20 year absence - I hope I he's the type of dead a new writing team can't resurrect with the " wouldn't it be cool if ..." resurrection spell

I do hope that's the case -
    Since that was his last story before Secret Wars ended the Ultimate line, it might've well have been. (Also, Harry Osborn proved that OZ doesn't automatically grant immortality, even if Green Goblin was able to survive several death-like instances and it apparently allowed Peter Parker to come back. In fact, Norman Osborn is the only one who thinks that he and the original Spider-Man are immortal and it's just a theory in his rather insane mind.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Since that was his last story before Secret Wars ended the Ultimate line, it might've well have been. (Also, Harry Osborn proved that OZ doesn't automatically grant immortality, even if Green Goblin was able to survive several death-like instances and it apparently allowed Peter Parker to come back. In fact, Norman Osborn is the only one who thinks that he and the original Spider-Man are immortal and it's just a theory in his rather insane mind.)
    Don't they kind of dismiss Harry and Normans differences by pointing to the formulations (or other minute differences) - like Harry got New Coke v Normans old coke...

I get the reason that they need Norman to be special - so they don't have a race of super powered, ahole, megalomaniacs super smite Spidey out of existence in half a panel ... Have they ever cloned goblin Norman at this point or said he's uncloneable?
    Last edited by Vixx; 02-07-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Don't they kind of dismiss Harry and Normans differences by pointing to the formulations (or other minute differences) - like Harry got New Coke v Normans old coke...
    They just don't address it. (In fact, the story where Harry becomes Hobgoblin is really messy, to the point I still don't really understand how he was infected in the first place.)

I get the reason that they need Norman to be special - so they don't have a race of super powered, ahole, megalomaniacs super smite Spidey out of existence in half a panel
    While most of Green Goblin's stories ended with him in really bad shape that you might think he was dead, Normam Osborn was originally presumed dead for good in Death of a Goblin. That stuck until he was brought back for Death of Spider-Man, under the logical assumption that he, as the arch-nemesis, had to be the one to kill Spider-Man. He was dead for good in that until the Revival story for the Miles comics, probably thinking that if you brought Peter back, Osborn had to come back too.

... Have they ever cloned goblin Norman at this point or said he's uncloneable?
    They never addressed the idea of cloning Osborn one way or the other. Ultimate Clone Saga did establish that Peter's altered DNA was what allowed for the breakthrough to human cloning period. Since a Carnage/Gwen Stacy clone was created somehow (although the hows and whys make little to no sense there), it could be used to clone other characters, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully Green Goblin in the classic suit.