Fantastic Member

Default not too much crossover with ultimate marvel

how many here feel prior to secret wars we did not had much interaction between 616 and 1602 versions?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

That was by design. TPTB wanted the Ultimate universe to be it's own thing and stand alone. It wasn't until 2012 with Spider-Men, that the 616 and 1610 verses crossed over. Shame really, but I blame TPTB for preemptively killing the Ultimate universe's potential with Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum. They could've just put the series on hiatus but no. They had to kill everyone off for some reason.

Age of Ultron and Cataclysm in 2013-2014, was another crossover. Then Secret Wars and Ultimate End in 2015.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    That was by design. TPTB wanted the Ultimate universe to be it's own thing and stand alone. It wasn't until 2012 with Spider-Men, that the 616 and 1610 verses crossed over. Shame really, but I blame TPTB for preemptively killing the Ultimate universe's potential with Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum. They could've just put the series on hiatus but no. They had to kill everyone off for some reason.

Age of Ultron and Cataclysm in 2013-2014, was another crossover. Then Secret Wars and Ultimate End in 2015.
    Age of Ultron and Cataclysm were connected in the sense that Cataclysm happened because of Age of Ultron fracturing the timestream and some characters literally falling through the cracks, leading to 616 Galactus ravaging Earth-1610, but it wasn't a crossover, strictly speaking.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Invincible Member

Up until a few years ago, they deliberately avoided crossovers with the ultimate universe. There's that famous quote, "we start crossing over the universes, then we've officially run out of ideas." Or something like that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Up until a few years ago, they deliberately avoided crossovers with the ultimate universe. There's that famous quote, "we start crossing over the universes, then we've officially run out of ideas." Or something like that.
    Pssh, Marvel says that all the time. Until they do it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Also, there was an All-New X-Men arc in which the O5 and X-23 visited Earth-1610. One of the covers homages Kitty's debut with a "Welcome to the X-Men, Miles Morales, Hope you survive the experience!"

Jean found out Miles's secret identity thanks to her psychic powers, I wonder if she'd still know it?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, there was an All-New X-Men arc in which the O5 and X-23 visited Earth-1610. One of the covers homages Kitty's debut with a "Welcome to the X-Men, Miles Morales, Hope you survive the experience!"

Jean found out Miles's secret identity thanks to her psychic powers, I wonder if she'd still know it?
    Thanks for reminding me of that. I enjoyed that arc very much, and that's where I started shipping Miles with O5!Jean Grey and/or Laura Kinney.
    The spider is always on the hunt.