Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kitty, Rachel, Nightcrawler, yeah, half of Gold is also half of Excalibur.
    too bad expectations for that book are low

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    too bad expectations for that book are low
    I'm actually quite excited for the title but I can see why others wouldn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I'm actually quite excited for the title but I can see why others wouldn't.
    Guggenheim's track record is pretty bad...and his best work is just average or simply okay

he did not do any wonders for the green arrow comic book

Marvel putting Ewing, of all people, on a Rocket Raccoon book feels...kind of desperate.

It's like they can't come up with anything better for a Guardians solo book so they put one of their best writers on it to do whatever the heck they please. I mean, it's Ewing, so he'll probably come up with something good and interesting for however many issues this book lasts (probably up to 1 or 2 trades), but it just feels odd.

Ewing writing the Technet... If only this was a Cap Britain/Excalibur book
    I couldn't care less for another Rocket solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Guggenheim's track record is pretty bad...and his best work is just average or simply okay

he did not do any wonders for the green arrow comic book
    I liked his wolverine civil war arc he did the Ramos art wasn't the greatest but I liked the story we were given in in wolverine's civil war tie in arc.

His brief one arc he did for the all female X-men title was also decent enough and well his agents of sheild series was at least okay to say the least....we'll see how long he last considering his track record he has a tendency to leave a title after one arc and since it's going twice monthly I can see a new writer coming in after the first arc I'm at least hopeful though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel putting Ewing, of all people, on a Rocket Raccoon book feels...kind of desperate.

It's like they can't come up with anything better for a Guardians solo book so they put one of their best writers on it to do whatever the heck they please. I mean, it's Ewing, so he'll probably come up with something good and interesting for however many issues this book lasts (probably up to 1 or 2 trades), but it just feels odd.
    especially since he's already writing three other books! like jesus marvel! Give the man a break

at 4 books I'm assuming some of them will start feeling really shitty and half assed since i doubt Ewing will have the time to make all 4 books awesome

at some point when you have so many books stacked on top of you...You Just start writing some of them as if you don't really care and just want to get this over with so you can send them out before the deadline

I really hope he doesn't get burned out though since he'll be writing u.s.avengers the ultimates 2 and royals...but I suppose if bendis can manage five titles Ewing can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I doubt uncanny X-men will ever return X-men gold is essentially uncanny X-men and kinda half Excalibur since kitty pryde was a leader in that series that basically where her becoming a leader started and of course kitty pryde Rachel grey and nightcrawler all being former members of Excalibur.
    I know. Half of Excalibur being on the Gold team just drives my point home further. It should be Ewing on that title instead of Guggenheim. Also, Uncanny X-Men will return, just not anytime soon. That is a mainstay X-Men title that always comes back. It's like the "Avengers" title to Avengers books. Or "Amazing Spider-Man" to the Spider books.

Some thoughts:
    -Marvel is trying really hard to make Rocket happen. But I think that even if they try something like a Hickman-Ribic Rocket ongoing, it won't last more than 2-3 trades.
    -USAvangers and Ultimates are two of my favorites Marvel's ongoings right now, but I'm going to pass on this.
    -Don't blame Ewing if this gets cancelled.

Ewing's second solo ever after Loki AOA
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

I love Rocket and the GOTG characters but I kinda wish Marvel would give some other characters solos.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

First thought: "Much as I like Ewing, I don't really care enough about Rocket to pick this up."

Second thought: "Technet? Son of a bitch."

I probably still won't pick this up, as I spend enough on comics as it is. But man, Technet's awesome.

Ultimate Member

LEts see the behavior towards Ms Cain, Mr Thorne, Hope Larson & David Walker by folks who didn't read their books-makes it hard to attract new writers.

Who wants to do a book at Marvel when the entitlement league along with comic book store owners are going to boycott your book?

I think it was pretty obvious from the beginning that the current Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon books were intended to be mini-series covering Grounded, which would then relaunch later when All-New Guardians started up, so that doesn't bother me at all.

I'm surprised and excited we're getting the new Rocket book so fast, thought we were gonna have to wait a few months. I'm not as familiar with Ewing, although I am really liking U.S.Avengers so far, but as long as he can stick with the good humour of the other Rocket books, I'll be happy.