Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman vs Pinhead

christopher-reeve-superman-1978.jpg

vs

44a22f9de643104854b838cf23e24714.jpg

How Would Superman Stop Pinhead? Christopher Reeve's Superman Takes on Doug Bradley's Pinhead
    Last edited by mohammedelkhater; 04-16-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Which version of Pinhead? He varies pretty damn widely in power over the course of the films, comics, and novels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Which version of Pinhead? He varies pretty damn widely in power over the course of the films, comics, and novels.
    Movie Version

Quote Originally Posted by mohammedelkhater View Post
    Movie Version
    Which movie? Again, lots of variance.

BANNED

Which movie? Again, lots of variance.
    Christopher Reeve's Superman Takes on Doug Bradley's Pinhead

BANNED

I'm getting a sense of deja vue here.

I'll try and take this seriously, despite the lack of details/answers.

In most Hellraisers, barring 3 (it was not the 'normal' Pinhead, but one that was missing the human soul that is bound to him), Pinhead:

- Can be intangible
    - Seems to ignore physical damage (but the max output was a gun, so we might run into no limits, there)
    - Has magical chains as his main weapon, which can phase through things at times
    - Can reality warp people, but only apparently if someone uses the box first (part 3 version can warp without the box)

So, basically, Superman who has the same magical resistance as everyone else has to fight an intangible demon thing with magical chains. Not good for him.

If Superman was smart and used his superspeed, he could quickly test Pinhead's limits. But in Superman II - IV, we've seen that if anyone can hurt or harm Superman in any capacity, he has a pretty bad glass jaw, too (particularly against Nuclear Man). A prolonged fight with magical weaknesses doesn't bode well for him. On the other hand, this particular Supes is so cornbread milquetoast that Pinhead might just forfeit out of lack of interest. Bloodlines had Pinhead defeated with a massive amount of sunlight too, though whether that's because of the sunlight (and if Supes can generate the same power with his heat vision) or because of the configuration of the space station itself is unclear (or I could be wrong. It's been *ages* since I've seen that flick. Feel free to correct).
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-17-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    I'll try and take this seriously, despite the lack of details/answers.

In most Hellraisers, barring 3 (it was not the 'normal' Pinhead, but one that was missing the human soul that is bound to him), Pinhead:

- Can be intangible
    - Seems to ignore physical damage (but the max output was a gun, so we might run into no limits, there)
    - Has magical chains as his main weapon, which can phase through things at times
    - Can reality warp people, but only apparently if someone uses the box first (part 3 version can warp without the box)

So, basically, Superman who has the same magical resistance as everyone else has to fight an intangible demon thing with magical chains. Not good for him.
    We don't know if Reeves Superman was weak to magic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    We don't know if Reeves Superman was weak to magic or not.
    Magic tends to affect any version of Superman the same as it would anyone else. Besides which, it's a rule of thumb that if someone doesn't display a resistance to something through their feats, they don't have said resistance.

But comics Supes has a WEAKNESS to magic. Reeves Supes has not demonstrated a weakness to magic. Therefore, it cannot be regarded as a weakness in this case. Right? Or does the resistance thing override what I just said (in a moment of weakness)?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Magic tends to affect any version of Superman the same as it would anyone else. Besides which, it's a rule of thumb that if someone doesn't display a resistance to something through their feats, they don't have said resistance.
    Incorrect. Superman 1M did not have that weakness. The rule of thumb doesn't work in this case. If Superman is resistant to everything else, what proof is there that he is not resistant to magic?

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    But comics Supes has a WEAKNESS to magic.
    Not since the pre-Crisis days. It just bypasses his durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Incorrect. Superman 1M did not have that weakness. The rule of thumb doesn't work in this case. If Superman is resistant to everything else, what proof is there that he is not resistant to magic?
    I did say "tends to." 1M had that specifically removed by his 5-D heritage, which fits with him being way more powerful than your average version of Supes. But anyway, that's the complete opposite of how the burden-of-proof works in these situations.

Isn't Reeves Supes closer to Pre-Crisis than Post-Crisis? I mean, with the "spin Earth backwards without touching it because my girl died" kinda thing? Isn't that like towing planets with a huge chain?

So, by extension, Reevesy ought to not be weak to magic?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Isn't Reeves Supes closer to Pre-Crisis than Post-Crisis? I mean, with the "spin Earth backwards without touching it because my girl died" kinda thing? Isn't that like towing planets with a huge chain?

So, by extension, Reevesy ought to not be weak to magic?
    Pre-Crisis Supes was crippled by magic.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan