Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Rogue One VS Episode One

Both sides get everything shown except for star ships bigger then a fighter, that was used in the battles of Naboo and Scariff. Rogue One also gets Darth Vader.

BANNED

Rogue One gets Vader.

Episode One gets Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon. And baby-Vader.

This does not seem like a fair fight.
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-04-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Do vader and the other force sentitive dudes get all the feats from ONLY these two movies or from their entire movie/TV appearances?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Hmmm, I might say the Rogue One side may have the space/flight advantage due to having a slightly more versatile round-up (X-Wings, Y-Wings, and U-Wings) with a relatively decent swarm as well (numerous Ties) compared to the Droid fighters and the Naboo Starfighters. The latter especially since it's basically one squadron (sure, Anakin was there but lets face it, he's just a kid who only gave an asskicking due to the sheer luck of actually being inside the ship. Otherwise, he was trying to avoid getting killed in that battle since it was an accident he even showed up in the first place).

I mean if the Rogue One side has one decent squadron of fighters on the planet surface...I think a few strafing runs can really mess the massive Droid army on the ground while those AT-CTs can clean house.

As for Force users...It would depend if anyone not a force user just straight up decides to shoot them up once encountered. The prequels kinda made it clear that even force users can eventually succumb to the numerous blasters shots at them if enough was being directed at them.

The droid fighters cannot operate without a central computer on their capital ship directing their efforts. Thus, the only fighters on the Episode I side are the relatively few Naboo fighters. The Rogue One forces have overwhelming aerial superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The droid fighters cannot operate without a central computer on their capital ship directing their efforts. Thus, the only fighters on the Episode I side are the relatively few Naboo fighters. The Rogue One forces have overwhelming aerial superiority.
    Fair point, but lets assume the droid ship is in orbit just but won't play a roll in the fight and cant be targeted

Incredible Member

Palpatine is technically in Episode 1.
    So is Yoda.
    They do not fight but we still know their feats.
    If they count in this, Episode 1 wins solidly.
    Not to mention Mace.

Discounting the Jedi, the Rogue One ground forces decimate the episode 1 forces, U Wing's provide close air support, something the Episode One forces don't have, Y Wings are shown as dedicated bombers, again something the droids and Gungans have no answer for, and the X Wings and Tie swarms easilly match the droid and Naboo fighters, even the early ATATs are far more advanced than anything they have(we saw in Rebels they can no sell direct hits from the AT-TE used in the clone wars). So it's a stomp there, and we saw in Attack of the Clones(and other times in Clone Wars) that even decently large groups of jedi could be simply overwhelmed by enough enemies(even ones as deliberately pathetic as Droid Troopers) without proper support of their own, to say nothing of ground forces combined with armor and air support. And that's if IF Vader isn't simply at least a match for all three of them, we've seen several instances in Rebels and other mdeia that suggest he might very well be that, if memory serves Maul didn't want to be anywhere around the area once he arrived suggesting Vade was more than a match for him(and by proxy Qui Gon) and he's done other things like dominate Kanan and Erza at the same time, as well as had force feats greater than any of them.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-04-2017 at 03:01 PM.

If Vader kills Anakin does he just get erased from history?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    If Vader kills Anakin does he just get erased from history?
    Probably not on this scenario, but that would be a great incentive for Vader to just ignore everything else and concentrate on killing the brat.

Kind of makes you wonder a bit; how would suited Vader do against Jedi like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon in their prime? Going by movies themselves, we only see him fight Obi-Wan and Luke; Obi's old and kind of threw the fight anyway, and even in the ESB duel Luke managed to get a few hits in (the shoulder-pretty much which got Vader angry enough to cut the hand) and of course defeated Vader in ROTJ with relatively little training. With Order 66 he wasn't in the suit yet, and had all the clones backing him (and the element of surprise).

I haven't seen a good deal of Rebels so I'm not sure about that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think Yoda would definitely win against Vader, seeing how he gave his more powerful master trouble.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder a bit; how would suited Vader do against Jedi like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon in their prime? Going by movies themselves, we only see him fight Obi-Wan and Luke; Obi's old and kind of threw the fight anyway, and even in the ESB duel Luke managed to get a few hits in (the shoulder-pretty much which got Vader angry enough to cut the hand) and of course defeated Vader in ROTJ with relatively little training. With Order 66 he wasn't in the suit yet, and had all the clones backing him (and the element of surprise).

I haven't seen a good deal of Rebels so I'm not sure about that.
    Going by Rebels, the suit hasn't diminished him at all. And a slight loss of speed is more than made up for by 20 years of experience.

Original Trilogy Vader wasn't restrained by his suit, but by the cinematographic technology available at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think Yoda would definitely win against Vader, seeing how he gave his more powerful master trouble.
    Would bloodlusted Yoda (as per regumar rules) use the Dark Side?

He was also restrained by in story reasons, in Empire he was toying with him, getting progressively more difficult with each encounter(you see he specifically goes from one handing the saber to two handed fighting, brings in TK throwing objects at him, and after being cut by Luke gets serious and overwhelms him) and in RotJ he was battling inner turmoil in fighting him the entire time(to the point that Luke could sense it)