Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Glads is a huge jobber who was up against the writer's pet character who was showing off a vague new power-up.

Likewise, Thor is Marvel's Big Event Jobber whenever they have to show how outclassed the heroes are in the beginning. He's always taking Ls from people who historically would have no shot against him.

Mags could fight them just like anyone else, beating them is an entirely different matter. Airwalker after his original body got destroyed so he relied on an android body would probably be his best(and only) shot at a win.

Surfer and Stardust jobbing to Storm is just... CANON.

Nate and Yana could fight them, but again it's about beating them, not simply fighting them.

Rogue... lololololololololol.

Legion? Probably. Surfer's the only one that's really gone up against anything approaching his level of power and he's the top-tier of all the heralds.
    fixed that for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It has nothing to do with Cyclops. The book looks bad because it's unimaginative nostalgia wank. Sorry about it.

And it should have diversity in the main lineup. Not tokens walking in and out as a side dish to insulate the writer from criticism.
    You couldn't be more right, that's exactly what this is...
    An unimaginative nostalgia wank

Complete with recycled ideas and terrible, outdated costumes
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 02-09-2017 at 07:16 PM.

I'm not a big fan of Colossus and meh on him and Kitty.

But i do like him and Kitty better than...Wisdom and Kitty...Iceman and Kitty...and Star Lord and Kitty. But that's not saying much. So the thought of them getting back together doesn't bother me.

I will say i don't like many couples who are together...break up...get back together...break up...and then get back together again. Which is what this will be WHEN it happens cause trust me IT WILL.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    Oh I remember that, she didn't really "beat" him. Still good for Rachel.
    She witstood his full might and toppled him, she defeated him.

Namor was just getting in a sucker punch despite Rachel in a prime position for beating him some more if she wanted to but didn't because Rachel has class.

Colossus and Domino was where it's at. Back when I enjoyed an x-book by Hopeless.

Iceman's solo series so much more original than this.. but we'll see how it opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Namor was just getting in a sucker punch despite Rachel in a prime position for beating him some more if she wanted to but didn't because Rachel has class.
    I still think we are missing some big Brotherhood members, because pound for pound this is a ridiculously underpowered Brotherhood team for a heavily overpowered x-team compared to the norm.

The brotherhood is outmatched, yes... Maybe Maddie can take over to at least give them great TP defenses? She is also very underhanded such as how she used trickery to ambush the much stronger Rachel and forced Storm to let them go.

Fantastic Member

No she didn't, she managed to land a hit and that's it. Namor had to get in because Rachel alone is no match for Thor. I mean Thor even defeated Phoenix Rachel in the past...

No she didn't, she managed to land a hit and that's it. Namor had to get in because Rachel alone is no match for Thor. I mean Thor even defeated Phoenix Rachel in the past...
    Thor was able to redirect a pyschic atack that was meant for Juggernaut. If she knew she was fighting Thor stuff would probably have been different.

The brotherhood is outmatched, yes... Maybe Maddie can take over to at least give them great TP defenses? She is also very underhanded such as how she used trickery to ambush the much stronger Rachel and forced Storm to let them go.
    Two arguably three members of the team should be able to solo the entire Brotherhood given out to date without much effort.

There are a few ways to create a well rounded Brotherhood, based on the solicits there will be more then one 'former friend'.

• An all-new BROTHERHOOD OF EVIL MUTANTS is rampaging through New York City!
    • And there are some surprising familiar faces in their ranks...
    • Can the X-MEN subdue their foes and former friends?

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB170784

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Is this what the x-community does?
    Cyke fans piss all over the gold book threads, bashing everything to do with the book (down to the diversity?)?
    And everyone else pisses all over the blue book because of the O5?

I just want to make sure I fit in around here.
    Essentially, yes.

Hence why I rarely post in this section - the fandom is what it is.

It's actually not that bad now... used to be people where making a LOT of fun of various characters they didn't like, and constant shipping wars.

Then there was the just... plain WEIRD stuff!! Like the incest-shippers... -_- Cyke x Havoc, Magik x Colossus, et c, et c... Kind of disgusting. Overall, I would say the X-men have the most... eclectic, of all of the various Marvel fandoms.

BANNED

I want a lot of Storm feats in xmen gold.

That's false. Rachel dominated Thor in the fight and she didn't need Nanmr to jump in as she had already knocked Thor around on her own. Your denial doesn't change what happened, Rachel blocked Thor's full might than beat him senseless. Rachel later on than beat multiple Avengers at the same time after beating Ironfist senseless as well.

Thor sucker punched her, she didn't even know he was her opponent at the time as she was actually trying to stop a real threat and not fellow heroes.

Besides, we all saw thanks to AvX how a fair fight, even without Phoenix powers, resulted in Rachel stomping Thor.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-12-2017 at 03:12 PM.

And in AvX, Rachel did wipe the floor with Thor, and Thor only got the upper hand when the Professor attacked Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Is this what the x-community does?
    Cyke fans piss all over the gold book threads, bashing everything to do with the book (down to the diversity?)?
    And everyone else pisses all over the blue book because of the O5?

I just want to make sure I fit in around here.
    Pretty much yes, and occasionally fight in thread about the Avengers or the Inhumans.