Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, Superman lost his temper. But, unlike Nuperman, at least Pre-FP Superman had at least some reason behind losing his temper, even if it wasn't the most well-founded. Seeing someone who has been your sworn enemy for years taking up your symbol and claiming it as their own would be enough to send anyone into a rage. The first issue of New 52 JL, however, is not that. Superman had no reason to attack GL other than he was a warm body in the midst of a crisis. At best, Nuperman just assumes that GL and Batman are part of the invasion force without any evidence, showing that he never thought through his actions. At worst, it shows that his M.O. was punch first, ask questions later.
    They both had reason to lose their temper. You're just too biased to acknowledge it. I'm not immune to it either. So was I at the time I read that first Action Rebirth issue. I was still upset about the changes, I was in no position to be rational about it. But I can admit that now. In the end, its just as reasonable to have an attack on your city make a Superman rage-filled. And that's what he thought was going on. He was incorrect, Batman and GL weren't connected to the threat, but that's what he thought at the time and for justifiable enough reasons (and its worth pointing out that Batman GL were just as incorrect as he, they were only there because they thought SUPERMAN was involved. It was one giant misunderstanding). Just like Rebirth Superman was incorrect that this Lex was using the symbol for terror.

Fact is, VERY often Superman's M.O. is to punch first and ask questions later, depending on the situation. All Supermen. Including the pre-FP model. Their "punch first" just never is permanently damaging so he can get away with it. He knows how to control his force.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-04-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El