BANNED

Default Is the Aquaman weakness finally gone?

Rereading Sub Diego, I realize how dumb this weakness is from the Pre-Crisis days. It was bad enough when Waid brought it back in Tower of Babel after it had pretty much disappeared by the David run.

BANNED

Any prominent Aquaman writer dismissed the weakness, since PAD onwards. Numerously shown as well with Aquaman fighting in the Underworld. Johns having Aquaman fight in a burning area with no signs of struggling, and off the top of my head Parker having Aquaman have a short scuffle where he healed at a volcano.

Other than that the weakness only comes up when it's essential to plot. Tower of Babel because Aquaman needed a weakness, I believe it came up at some point in The Thirst arc as well during the early waterbearer days.

11242041_854096994678961_871784100_n.jpg
    justiceleague16pg4.jpg

It's safe to say that his weakness, is he simply needs water and food every once inawhile just like any other human.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Any prominent Aquaman writer dismissed the weakness, since PAD onwards. Numerously shown as well with Aquaman fighting in the Underworld. Johns having Aquaman fight in a burning area with no signs of struggling, and off the top of my head Parker having Aquaman have a short scuffle where he healed at a volcano.

Other than that the weakness only comes up when it's essential to plot. Tower of Babel because Aquaman needed a weakness, I believe it came up at some point in The Thirst arc as well during the early waterbearer days.

11242041_854096994678961_871784100_n.jpg
    justiceleague16pg4.jpg

It's safe to say that his weakness, is he simply needs water and food every once inawhile just like any other human.
    Wasn't the water hand a way to circumvent it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Wasn't the water hand a way to circumvent it?
    I believe so, but during The Thirst arc he was continously being depowered since The Thirst was breaking his connection to the water hand. Which might make explain it. Honestly the WH and it's abilities didn't come up that often after the first initial arc or 2 of it. Writers seemed to ignore it for the most part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I believe so, but during The Thirst arc he was continously being depowered since The Thirst was breaking his connection to the water hand. Which might make explain it. Honestly the WH and it's abilities didn't come up that often after the first initial arc or 2 of it. Writers seemed to ignore it for the most part.
    In Sub Diego it's literally just a visual effect. It's never if any use.

As I mention in my review of the trade. Shameless plug!
    https://jointron33.wordpress.com/201...-diego-review/

BANNED

In Sub Diego it's literally just a visual effect. It's never if any use.

As I mention in my review of the trade. Shameless plug!
    https://jointron33.wordpress.com/201...-diego-review/
    Really awesome read.

Section 2 of this thread brings up the Dry land thing
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/aquama...ad-1768562/#18

Rereading Sub Diego, I realize how dumb this weakness is from the Pre-Crisis days. It was bad enough when Waid brought it back in Tower of Babel after it had pretty much disappeared by the David run.
    I really thought the character Waid would fail in BABEL was going to be Wonder Woman. But he actually did acknowledge most of her deal (except her Wisdom of Athena and Amazon training that enables to see through such things as the VR sim deployed).

With Aquaman he totally brought back that water thing despite PAD's run utilizing its absence for a number of stories as well as giving Arthur the ability to absorb moisture through physical contact. I have not seen it referenced in the newer stories.