Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

3/10. Acuña (and Coipel) put in good work but that's kinda it.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Very Remender. I thought it revealed him as a one-trick pony with a rehash of his usual ideas, old plots and unsurprising "twists".
    As somebody that loves the Dark Angel Saga and Venom through Circle of Four – I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    if you ignore wanda/alex and just focus reaaaaly hard you can make it into a dark angel saga sequel ft the stinky avengers (not you thor)
    Wouldn't live up to DAS anyways.

UA is bad, but is an interesting case study in how a writer can mess up a book with many good ideas, sick action, and godlike art (until Axis) by just writing characters poorly. He actually did pretty good with like half of them (Logan, Steve, Thor, Shiro, Simon) but then fucks up with Havok, Janet, Rogue, and Wanda so hard that it tanks the whole ship. Even all his bad OCs come off better than them. Then stack all the bizarre plot decisions that ruined Avenge The Earth (which could've been super hot fire), Axis in general (even though the art is that book's real killer), and whatever the Counter Earth arc was (and I'm pro retcon!) and it's just... a failure...

I really like the annual with the supernatural team, though. And ideas from it were later salvaged by the likes of Duggod and Lord Almighy Immaculate King Nick Spunk.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-original-...tain-mar-vell/

This was the line up Remender originally wanted apparently.

So he would've ruined Mar-Vell buuuuuuuut the Havok/Wasp garbage wouldn't exist. It's like taking a slug in the thigh instead of the stomach.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    So he would've ruined Mar-Vell buuuuuuuut the Havok/Wasp garbage wouldn't exist. It's like taking a slug in the thigh instead of the stomach.
    True. Though Psylocke and especially Fantomex going straight from X-Force to the Avengers would've been... well, hard to swallow. Especially Fantomex. Would've made it feel like a more natural place for the DAS follow-up if they were there though.

I guess this explains why he had Secret Avengers do that weird bit with Mar-Vell and the Phoenix. Glad they didn't let him go through with it all the way.

I mean, we DID get some fun Death Seed Sentry stuff... XD

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-original-...tain-mar-vell/

This was the line up Remender originally wanted apparently.
    While I like seeing Wanda in comics, I wish he had left her out of this book.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    While I like seeing Wanda in comics, I wish he had left her out of this book.
    At the time, I thought the better route would have been to put Wanda on the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    At the time, I thought the better route would have been to put Wanda on the X-Men.
    No, that really wouldn't have been the best course. A solo where she got redemption would have been ok. Or on a team that actually was trying to bridge the gap between mutants and humans. But this didn't end up being that. It was just a lot of fighting and bickering. What happened next should have followed what she said she was gonna do in CC. But they chose to put her in AvX and then UA. And those didn't do a whole lot to move in that direction. The opposite of that actually. And after AvX, there'd have been no way should could have been on the X-Men. Between M-day and that, there's too much bad blood. They should have just let her make it right with mutants she depowered and moved on really. Letting it go for as long as they did, and basically still go on has created a bigger scar.

Astonishing Member

Haven't gotten to the whole series but I've read Ragnarok Now and it's fantastic. I'm huge fan of the series now, and I loved the characterisation of everyone there. The conflicts between Rogue and Scarlet Witch came across as logical course of events rather than a controversial plot device.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No, that really wouldn't have been the best course. A solo where she got redemption would have been ok. Or on a team that actually was trying to bridge the gap between mutants and humans. But this didn't end up being that. It was just a lot of fighting and bickering. What happened next should have followed what she said she was gonna do in CC. But they chose to put her in AvX and then UA. And those didn't do a whole lot to move in that direction. The opposite of that actually. And after AvX, there'd have been no way should could have been on the X-Men. Between M-day and that, there's too much bad blood. They should have just let her make it right with mutants she depowered and moved on really. Letting it go for as long as they did, and basically still go on has created a bigger scar.
    Scars get healed by time and growth, and so far there's been no growth in the X-line for Wanda to work on those rifts. She can't change minds by being exiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Scars get healed by time and growth, and so far there's been no growth in the X-line for Wanda to work on those rifts. She can't change minds by being exiled.
    Not calling for exile. Saying that she should have had a proper redemption story. She can't be exiled from the X-books, because she's an Avenger. I'd most prefer for her to be back on the main team. And not the fringe ones that don't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Haven't gotten to the whole series but I've read Ragnarok Now and it's fantastic. I'm huge fan of the series now, and I loved the characterisation of everyone there. The conflicts between Rogue and Scarlet Witch came across as logical course of events rather than a controversial plot device.
    It'd have been logical if either one of them were acting like that just before that book. But the sudden burst of aggression felt forced.

Mighty Member

Bad execution of ideas that have been over-played in comics to begin with.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/