Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wonder if Superman will make note of Lana's costume and power set.
    He probably will.
    Didn't something similara happened to Maggie's girlfriend at the end of the Jurgens era in the 90s, just before the semi reboot with Loeb and Kelly. Althought in that case, it was with Superman Blue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois looks surprisingly good as a blonde .
    I always thought somebody should bring back Sally Selwyn. That's the kind of thing I consider a missed opportunity in the New 52.

If I was going to deal with a single Superman, we'd see Sally, Lori Lemaris, and Luma Lynai. If you want credible alternatives to Lois, you need to evoke some sense of history there. Lana was obviously a top contender in that scenario and so was Diana. But those two are strong enough characters that they can get plenty of use without that. I would have focused on restoring some female characters who lost their place and re-establishing them strongly enough that they could be a major presence even when Superman/Lois reasserted itself.

Sally Selwyn in particular strikes me as strong enough of a character to join the canon alongside Lois and Lana. Aggressive, rural, rich, and very into Superman. I guess maybe Cat Grant could fill some of that but I never really bought her as a serious love interest and kind of prefer the heel/Supergirl foil role she fell into. Chloe Sullivan would also be nice to see again but I always kind of imagined her and Steel clicking better.

Just from a comic book trope standpoint, it feels like Superman should have an iconic love interest of each hair color (and skin tone).

seeing Clark Kent being able to shave just feels so wrong, even knowing it's not really him.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He probably will.
    Didn't something similara happened to Maggie's girlfriend at the end of the Jurgens era in the 90s, just before the semi reboot with Loeb and Kelly. Althought in that case, it was with Superman Blue
    You mean Strange Visitor? That was Kismet and Sharon Vance

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He probably will.
    Maybe.

He didn't the last time they met though.

You mean Strange Visitor? That was Kismet and Sharon Vance
    Yeah, that one, i don't know the details, i was just lazyli looking some old comics reading some bits of dialogue

Maybe.

He didn't the last time they met though.
    That issue was from Lois perspective and there were other matters to attend at the moment, this storyarc is basically a prologue for the Reborn croosover (the solicit say as much) and this is the consequence of the first storyarc of Superwoman.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Maggie had Toby back in the day and I don't remember what happened there. As a reader what happened to her in Gotham is double edged because it was very frustrating (I dumped the title and so did the creators), but it would have bound her to the supporting cast of a smaller title.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Lots of stuff to absorb in that preview, but looks like it'll be an interesting issue.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Hmmm... It does look interesting. But I don't trust Jurgens, so I'm very catious about this.

BANNED

Looks like the popular theory about fake Clark is true,after all, no confirmation yet I expect that to be given in the next issue.