Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Is Miles Morales overpowered ?

I think yes because most of his fight scenes are lame because he uses everytime his Venom blast .
    He also can turn invisible and he can explode.
    So what do you think ?

BANNED

it seemed to me rhat when peter and miles were working together they were resembling bruce and terry from Batman beyond. Peter even has constructed his own armored suit and array of devices similar to Bruce from BB. Miles resembled Terry being mentored by older experienced hero. his power set is also somewhat akin to what terry employs through his batsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bockminton View Post
    I think yes because most of his fight scenes are lame because he uses everytime his Venom blast .
    He also can turn invisible and he can explode.
    So what do you think ?
    I think he is overpowered to some extent, but, under the right circumstances, you can use such a power set effectively.

BANNED

He's a bit overpowered yes, and his fight scenes are lazily written. The number of times his venom blast has finished a fight is just ridiculous. And he has some weird unspecified powers that we saw in MM:USM #12, that I don't think have been referenced since.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    He's a bit overpowered yes, and his fight scenes are lazily written. The number of times his venom blast has finished a fight is just ridiculous. And he has some weird unspecified powers that we saw in MM:USM #12, that I don't think have been referenced since.
    He used it again in issue 5 of his current series IIRC. Bendis said it's called super venom blast.

I think his Venom Blast is definitely overused as a fight ender, even against foes who you would expect it to have no effect against, and I don't think he needs some kind of Supernova blast on-top of that without some kind of drawback to continually using it.

If I'll give the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon credit for anything, it's toning down Miles' Venom Blast.

Although I guess you could say Miles' various abilities compensate for what he may be lacking compared to Peter, and are all the more necessary since he's been forced to progress as a hero at a faster rate then Peter did.

No he's not.

And I wish people would stop making these threads as there about 10 other threads like this that exist, all of them having people showing canon examples of how he's not; 2 of those threads I had specifically listed all the opponents he's faced and when he used each of his abilities which just showcased how people have exaggerated the issue at hand and just don't like Miles using his abilities like a video game character who has a instilled finishing move, having this ability as a spider-character or b/c they're fave spider-character doesn't have it. I mean lets call a spade a spade.

In any case I don't understand why the thought of looking to see if the a thread has been created for the subject that you want to talk about escapes individuals.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    No he's not.

And I wish people would stop making these threads as there about 10 other threads like this that exist, all of them having people showing canon examples of how he's not; 2 of those threads I had specifically listed all the opponents he's faced and when he used each of his abilities which just showcased how people have exaggerated the issue at hand and just don't like Miles using his abilities like a video game character who has a instilled finishing move, having this ability as a spider-character or b/c they're fave spider-character doesn't have it. I mean lets call a spade a spade.

In any case I don't understand why the thought of looking to see if the a thread has been created for the subject that you want to talk about escapes individuals.
    I agree with this.I think People are not happy that Miles has more powers than Peter just because he was the first Spider-Man. ..Look at silk for example, some people can't accept the fact that her spider-sense is better than Peter's

Overpowered compared to what?

He is in a world of gods and reality warpers.

Just because he has more powers than peter?

Shoukd miles fans be bitter peter seems vastly stronger, better speed fears, better fighter, and is basically now reed Richards smart and stark rich?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    No he's not.

I don't think having a finishing move works as well in a comic as it does in a video game or Tokusatsu, unless it's based around the latter two mediums. I know I'd probably complain if any other Spider used the exact same move to finish off all their bad guys on such a consistent basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Ndebele View Post
    I agree with this.I think People are not happy that Miles has more powers than Peter just because he was the first Spider-Man. ..Look at silk for example, some people can't accept the fact that her spider-sense is better than Peter's
    On-top of apparently having stronger and better versions of all his other abilities/skills, if I recall Slott's initial Silk issues correctly.

There's a reason that became downplayed once Thompson took over, along with some of the other problematic elements of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Overpowered compared to what?

He is in a world of gods and reality warpers.

Just because he has more powers than peter?

Shoukd miles fans be bitter peter seems vastly stronger, better speed fears, better fighter, and is basically now reed Richards smart and stark rich?
    Well, a lot of that comes from Peter being older and having far more experienced then Miles does, and that he had to adapt and outthink his enemies more because he didn't have the same abilities Miles has just as Miles' abilities probably compensate for what he's lacking compared to Peter and their different circumstances.

Though the whole "smart as Reed" thing depends on the writer and how much they want to emphasize his smarts and science, and I think most people know he's not going to own a billion-dollar company for much longer.

I think the problem is less that "Miles is more powerful than Peter," but that his zap trick is a game breaker. If he's loosing, all he needs to do is zap his enemy and win. There's no suspense, since we know that he can KO his enemy at any given moment; Miles doesn't have to work has hard to win. Unlike the original Spider-Man, he's an unbalanced character.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think the problem is less that "Miles is more powerful than Peter," but that his zap trick is a game breaker. If he's loosing, all he needs to do is zap his enemy and win. There's no suspense, since we know that he can KO his enemy at any given moment; Miles doesn't have to work has hard to win. Unlike the original Spider-Man, he's an unbalanced character.
    That fight with Blackheart was a bit much. He took down a team of Avengers that included Thor, Vision and She-Hulk and then Miles defeats him with a Venom blast and a mailbox to the face. So logically, any time ANY evil threat rears it's head, the IMMEDIATE go to response should be "get Miles to venom blast it." Anything else would be irresponsible on the heroes part. Why risk lives when one character can incapacitate hell lords with a single shot???

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    That fight with Blackheart was a bit much. He took down a team of Avengers that included Thor, Vision and She-Hulk and then Miles defeats him with a Venom blast and a mailbox to the face. So logically, any time ANY evil threat rears it's head, the IMMEDIATE go to response should be "get Miles to venom blast it." Anything else would be irresponsible on the heroes part. Why risk lives when one character can incapacitate hell lords with a single shot???
    This reminds me of all those times the Avengers asked Sentry to throw something into space .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

If that is the case than

All Wolverines should stop using their claws
    Telephaths should stop using their telepathy
    Deadpool should not have a healing factor
    Superman should not have any powers
    Batman should not use any gadgets
    Daredevil should stop using his senses
    Peter should stop using his spider-sense, webbing, gadgets and etc

Because more than once all of them have used their respective powers to win a fight and you can hear crickets over the complaints, hell Parker beats Juggernaut and it's considered a epic classic yet Miles beats Blackheart and there are cries of "he can't do that it's IMPOSSIBLE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of all those times the Avengers asked Sentry to throw something into space .
    Except without the killing, therefore no one has to worry that they may have made a mistake! It's like a win-win scenario for any kind of divisive plan!