Page 123 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2094
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

DBS Manga

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Master Roshi...yes *that* Master Roshi, is dodging Jiren's punches by using some proto form of Ultra Instinct. Goku appears to learn the Omen form by watching Roshi fight. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    DBS Manga

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Master Roshi...yes *that* Master Roshi, is dodging Jiren's punches by using some proto form of Ultra Instinct. Goku appears to learn the Omen form by watching Roshi fight. Sure.
    Wow. Just, wow.

Extraordinary Member

DBS Manga

Ok.

I mean, people really liked Roshi's spotlight episode but this is WAY too much.

Roshi's episode made sense. He took out the less conventional foes and some weaklings, which let his team otherwise conserve strength.

But going one on one with the most powerful fighter in the tournament? Even if Roshi does lose, this is just bad. I didn't much care for the manga to begin with, but this. Wow.

Astonishing Member

So basically none of the best parts of the tournament happen in the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Well, early on instead of Goku, Gohan, and Buu taking on the Trio De Dangers, they had a battle royal of all the GoDs which was pretty cool. But otherwise...

BANNED

Hope that you like it!

Φωτογραφία0134.jpg

BANNED

And let's remember Super's best villain!

ScanJob17.45_43321.7402314815-1.jpg

I can't believe this is happening it's stupid and awesome at the same time.

Astonishing Member

They better not skip over Toppo's beatdown of Freeza.

DBS Manga

I'd have absolutely zero problem with Goku learning something from Roshi again, nor the idea of making Roshi more relevant again, but UI? You'd have to give that the diligence of its own storyline to make it work, building up to the how and why someone like him could attain it. Without that its too major an asspull to take seriously.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Shouldn't Toriyama be blamed for this?
    Toyotaro is simply the artist and i do not think Toriyama would allow him to interfere in his story telling.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 08-18-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Shouldn't Toriyama be blamed for this?
    Toyotaro is simply the artist and i do not think Toriyama would allow him to interfere in his story telling.
    That is not the case.

Toriyama has provided the anime team and Toyotaro with an outline of the story, with specific events marked as things that need to happen in the story. The rest of the blanks is filled out by the anime team for the show and Toyotaro for the manga.

So Roshi somehow not being destroyed by Jiren is probably all Toyotaro since those were never even close to one another in the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    More or less so far.

Krillin, Tien, Piccolo and 18 have all been knocked out with pretty no fanfare, and pretty much none of the fighters from the other universes have gotten any spotlight or character moments. Only universe 9 got erased with any sense of cosmic grandeur.

The manga generally handled Kale better I think, making her a bit more than just Broly with lady parts, and gave her a more interesting personality. But besides that, the anime is generally better.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wort View Post
    I can't believe this is happening it's stupid and awesome at the same time.
    Sounds like a pretty good resume of Dragon Ball.

Edit : Oh, and to answer the original question of the thread, i would say GT.

Two really average shows to be sure and nothing to feel awed about but man, Super, what a sad mess. The writing is so terrible it somehow manages to make GT looks like a piece of art.

Gotta also love how conveniently the writers just keep using Whis. Freeza blows up the planet? Don't worry, Whis is here. Trunks has no future left to go back? Oh please, Whis is here. Vegeta doesn't want to hear about a tournament till Bulma has her baby? Yeah, even for that Whis is freaking here. He's like the dragon balls but without the one year limit. And poor ol' Goku, he sure wasn't no genius before but now? He's Homer Simpson level.

And the worst criminal to ever live if it wasn't for C-17.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 08-19-2018 at 08:26 AM.