Page 67 of 140 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2094
    Ultimate Member

Oh man, I really enjoyed the special.

Beerus reaction when they thought Goku was vaporized was just perfect.

Spectacular Member

Ep 109-110

The episode was pretty good and I’m glad that we got to see the match in one go instead of having to break it into two episode as it originally would be (had One Piece not need a special)
    I like the new form and it’s visual though I am hoping that unlike the various Super Saiyan transformation, its usage doesn’t turn into a bargain sale easily, is not used/ can’t be used easily for every occasion AND that Goku and the others don’t make gags/ funny faces with it like how Super Saiyan got turned into with the “Mastered” form and in the Buu Saga. I also wonder if it’s going to affect Goku’s fighting style/ (how they animate Goku’s fighting from now on) since the fighting style used in ep 110 is QUITE different from how Goku normally fight.

The fight was intense but a little short, I would gladly trade all those Zen O reaction scene of them saying “awesome, cool” for 1-2 minutes more of fighting action especially the SS Blue vs Jiren part felt a little too short for me.

Other bits like Ribrianne’s attack and characterization are pretty much parody of Precure (especially with the Miracle light knock off, the Wings, the Cupid Arrow ala Doki Doki Precure.) She is a bit of a shallow person/ personality which is a bit of a knockoff of the Cures/ Sailor Moon who at least can feel more sincere in their fight of protecting love and so-on. I really hope Vegeta, Gohan or 18 is the one to finally defeat her since they’re married and love their partner.(EVEN if for two of them, they don’t really show it or can be a bit verbally abusive) I’m pretty sure Ribrianne is one of the character that MAY stick around since like the Saiyan girls, they can do PLENTY with her in SOL episode for DB Super.

Regarding the Genki- Dama and outside help, at first I was confused as to why Ki from outside is allowed though you could pretty much allow it with Zen O’s “Calvinball” rule of “It’s cool so it’s ok” but I think it’s just more of no one outside can attack someone inside directly or jump back in. Goku’s Genki Dama is initiated and fired by Goku himself and he’s still a participant, they don’t care where he got the energy from (unless maybe it’s from a God of Destruction actively contributing their energy)

Having said that, I DO wonder where Goku got enough energy to form it from. A lot of people on other boards/ Youtube have suggested that it could have been from the rest of the participant sans Universe 11 and the Gods there though if that’s the case it should have been clearer.

My own interpretation is that some of the fan who once stated that 17,18 could have powered the bomb that killed Kid Buu by themselves may be retconned to be correct and that the majority of power for the Genki Dama WAS from 17-18 but only at a fixed rate/speed and that the human’s power contribution only serve to hasten the Genki-Dama’s energy to the point it could kill Buu at that second (whereas if they waited for the energy from 17,18, Buu would have killed them all.)

In this case, Jiren said he’ll wait and thus Goku gathered enough energy from 17, 18 for a Genki Dama that is expected to HURT Jiren (not kill him like Buu, so it can’t be TOO strong, just stronger than what Goku can output as a SSB)

Anyhow, it’s not all that important for me if they never fully explain it.

Looking forward, there probably WILL be a rematch between Goku & Jiren though I hope that Hit in the next episode may force Jiren to stop for a while or something so that Goku can recuperate and any other important matches (Piccolo vs U6 Namek, the Saiyan Girls vs Goku, the bugs from U4 and all the other semi- important match can finish up and then we can move to the rematch)

Originally, I predicted and wanted the scenario where Goku would double Ko with Jiren and go out leaving the rest of the tournament to Gohan vs either the bugs, Kale or a heel turned Freeza at the last moment but after seeing Ep109-110 and seeing that Jiren isn’t even phased MUCH against the new form…

I’m thinking that MAYBE the only way to beat Jiren and win in this situation is have more fighters in at the end, which means for U7 that they have to get rid of as much of the other fighters from other universe except Jiren who Goku would have to hold off as long as he could and Gohan and the others could shine/win the day. This would leave Jiren as another wall for Goku/ Vegeta to overcome like Beerus and would be an unconventional way to win even if they are weaker/ emphasize technique and teamwork.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    Ep 109-110

The episode was pretty good and I’m glad that we got to see the match in one go instead of having to break it into two episode as it originally would be (had One Piece not need a special)
    I like the new form and it’s visual though I am hoping that unlike the various Super Saiyan transformation, its usage doesn’t turn into a bargain sale easily, is not used/ can’t be used easily for every occasion AND that Goku and the others don’t make gags/ funny faces with it like how Super Saiyan got turned into with the “Mastered” form and in the Buu Saga. I also wonder if it’s going to affect Goku’s fighting style/ (how they animate Goku’s fighting from now on) since the fighting style used in ep 110 is QUITE different from how Goku normally fight.

The fight was intense but a little short, I would gladly trade all those Zen O reaction scene of them saying “awesome, cool” for 1-2 minutes more of fighting action especially the SS Blue vs Jiren part felt a little too short for me.

Other bits like Ribrianne’s attack and characterization are pretty much parody of Precure (especially with the Miracle light knock off, the Wings, the Cupid Arrow ala Doki Doki Precure.) She is a bit of a shallow person/ personality which is a bit of a knockoff of the Cures/ Sailor Moon who at least can feel more sincere in their fight of protecting love and so-on. I really hope Vegeta, Gohan or 18 is the one to finally defeat her since they’re married and love their partner.(EVEN if for two of them, they don’t really show it or can be a bit verbally abusive) I’m pretty sure Ribrianne is one of the character that MAY stick around since like the Saiyan girls, they can do PLENTY with her in SOL episode for DB Super.

Regarding the Genki- Dama and outside help, at first I was confused as to why Ki from outside is allowed though you could pretty much allow it with Zen O’s “Calvinball” rule of “It’s cool so it’s ok” but I think it’s just more of no one outside can attack someone inside directly or jump back in. Goku’s Genki Dama is initiated and fired by Goku himself and he’s still a participant, they don’t care where he got the energy from (unless maybe it’s from a God of Destruction actively contributing their energy)

Having said that, I DO wonder where Goku got enough energy to form it from. A lot of people on other boards/ Youtube have suggested that it could have been from the rest of the participant sans Universe 11 and the Gods there though if that’s the case it should have been clearer.

My own interpretation is that some of the fan who once stated that 17,18 could have powered the bomb that killed Kid Buu by themselves may be retconned to be correct and that the majority of power for the Genki Dama WAS from 17-18 but only at a fixed rate/speed and that the human’s power contribution only serve to hasten the Genki-Dama’s energy to the point it could kill Buu at that second (whereas if they waited for the energy from 17,18, Buu would have killed them all.)

In this case, Jiren said he’ll wait and thus Goku gathered enough energy from 17, 18 for a Genki Dama that is expected to HURT Jiren (not kill him like Buu, so it can’t be TOO strong, just stronger than what Goku can output as a SSB)

Anyhow, it’s not all that important for me if they never fully explain it.

Looking forward, there probably WILL be a rematch between Goku & Jiren though I hope that Hit in the next episode may force Jiren to stop for a while or something so that Goku can recuperate and any other important matches (Piccolo vs U6 Namek, the Saiyan Girls vs Goku, the bugs from U4 and all the other semi- important match can finish up and then we can move to the rematch)

Originally, I predicted and wanted the scenario where Goku would double Ko with Jiren and go out leaving the rest of the tournament to Gohan vs either the bugs, Kale or a heel turned Freeza at the last moment but after seeing Ep109-110 and seeing that Jiren isn’t even phased MUCH against the new form…

I’m thinking that MAYBE the only way to beat Jiren and win in this situation is have more fighters in at the end, which means for U7 that they have to get rid of as much of the other fighters from other universe except Jiren who Goku would have to hold off as long as he could and Gohan and the others could shine/win the day. This would leave Jiren as another wall for Goku/ Vegeta to overcome like Beerus and would be an unconventional way to win even if they are weaker/ emphasize technique and teamwork.
    I think Goku only needed the Spirit Bomb to be strong enough to knock out Jiren. It wouldn't kill him anyway, as the Bomb only has a full effect against those who are evil. As for the energy, he clearly received it from everybody present (except for Vegeta, a few other contestants, Gods and Supreme Kai's) we have to remember that, in terms of power, most of the contestants are more powerful that Kid Buu. Some vastly so. It is totally conceivable that that small group has enough spirit energy to create a Spirit Bomb.

As for the fight, it may have been short. However it is without a doubt one of the best this series has seen. Like others, I, too, wished it could have been longer.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Oh man, I really enjoyed the special.

Beerus reaction when they thought Goku was vaporized was just perfect.
    Yes. Beerus' respect and admiration for Goku was amazing. Plus the fear of the new form is real. Alas, Whis is happy and did his o-ho-ho laugh.

And yes, Jiren is worth the hype. Just unfreaking beatable. Somebody jump that rascal.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    And yes, Jiren is worth the hype. Just unfreaking beatable. Somebody jump that rascal.
    Hit vs. Jiren next week in my mind is just like Magneto vs. Dr. Doom -- two stoic, cool as hell, extremely intimidating, nigh-unbeatable (ish) antagonists just really going at it.

I cannot wait.

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?v...&audio_start=0

so using this I combine a video of Goku Vs. Jerin fight with the theme song of Last Dragon.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-12-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

spoilers:
    RIP HIT via new spoilers...U6 might be facing the music soon....

Kale will save U6
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I just realized, Ultra Instinct is what Whis was alluding to waayyy back when, when he was training Goku and Vegeta around Resurrection F/U6 Saga. Whis told them that they were thinking too hard when attacking, and not just letting themselves. They couldn't keep up with Whis because they were too focused on what to do next instead of simply doing it, even if their attacks were incredibly quick. They're smart fighters, but they had to integrate their speed and their mind together as one.

Goku just attained the state of being that Whis was trying to teach them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I just realized, Ultra Instinct is what Whis was alluding to waayyy back when, when he was training Goku and Vegeta around Resurrection F/U6 Saga. Whis told them that they were thinking too hard when attacking, and not just letting themselves. They couldn't keep up with Whis because they were too focused on what to do next instead of simply doing it, even if their attacks were incredibly quick. They're smart fighters, but they had to integrate their speed and their mind together as one.

Goku just attained the state of being that Whis was trying to teach them.
    Pretty much, though unintentionally on Goku's part.

What's interesting about it is that Goku didn't seem to be conscious at the time, which is why he didn't remember any of it. The last time Goku went into a kind of auto-pilot mode was when he turned into a great ape. And I'd say that the double roar he let out while in Ultra Instinct mode was a mix between Goku's regular roar and that of a great ape. I'm not quite sure what's going on inside Goku, but I'm pretty sure that whatever horrible event the promos were hinting at hasn't happened yet.

Anyone else thing UI might not be full complete yet?

Because as much as UI was giving him the ability to match Jiren....it seemed to be that Jiren had more in the tank.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Anyone else thing UI might not be full complete yet?

Because as much as UI was giving him the ability to match Jiren....it seemed to be that Jiren had more in the tank.
    It's definately not finished. What we got there was an accident on Goku's part.

And despite the massive boost in power and ability, it only gave Jiren a momentary pause before it fizzled out when Goku woke up.

He's gonna need to perfect that mode pretty quickly, or else Jiren is going to just end the tournament on his own.

So, Ultra Instinct has a lot to do with balance. When are Saiyans at their absolute epitome of balance? When they have their tail. A Saiyan has to friggin train himself to be able to just walk right after losing their tail. This is a perfect means to bring back the concept of the tail being a benefit to their power, even though to date Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan had previously grown to a point where the tail had become superfluous. But now with UI, how better off would they be with that physiological balancing force on their side again?

I know Toriyama actually got rid of the tails in the first place because he grew tired of the aesthetic, but I still think this is leading toward a canon SSJ4. I'm not saying it happens in this arc, but I think it might be something for the next.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-12-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Something I wanted to discuss...

I know that universal survival on the line, so there is no time for anyone to spazz out, but is anyone else a little freaked out by the measured response from Universe 3 and 4 to Goku and Jiren's display. In particular, Quitela is *smugly* calm in the aftermath of the whole thing. The Universe 3 Kai looks a bit more shaken, but also like he's just planned something.

Just what the hell do those two little bugs do?

I wonder if Quitela is responsible for the new character in 114, or if its an entirely separate thing. But if its a tournament player, I see no room unless it involves Fusion or Summoning or something.

I want to point out one particular episode title of DBZ.

DBZ episode 77: "Birth of the Mightiest Warrior!? Nail and Piccolo Merge"

And we have two Namekians from Universe 6... Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So, Ultra Instinct has a lot to do with balance. When are Saiyans at their absolute epitome of balance? When they have their tail. A Saiyan has to friggin train himself to be able to just walk right after losing their tail. This is a perfect means to bring back the concept of the tail being a benefit to their power, even though to date Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan had previously grown to a point where the tail had become superfluous. But now with UI, how better off would they be with that physiological balancing force on their side again?

I know Toriyama actually got rid of the tails in the first place because he grew tired of the aesthetic, but I still think this is leading toward a canon SSJ4. I'm not saying it happens in this arc, but I think it might be something for the next.
    Tails are not coming back. The end of DBZ is still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I want to point out one particular episode title of DBZ.

DBZ episode 77: "Birth of the Mightiest Warrior!? Nail and Piccolo Merge"

And we have two Namekians from Universe 6... Coincidence?

Tails are not coming back. The end of DBZ is still canon.
    My question is exactly how much of the ending is going to be canon.

In universe they're only a couple years away from end of Z....and Trunks, Goten and Marron looked like they've barely aged....

speaking of those scamps...i wanna seem them beat the shit out of those poachers.