Page 32 of 140 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

yep. unlike other arcs, the literally fate of the entire universe is on the line.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Pretty good action this episode. Glad that most of the U9 team got to show off their abilities, aside from 18 off screening Sorel.

But yeah, that Angel smirk was really troubling. The smile the Grand Priest gave Goku also had a sinister side to it.

Looks like Gyum is the bird, and Shousa is probably the long-sleeve fox dude.

Good episode, good action though I'm disappointed that we never got to see what Bogamao had up his sleeve.

Healthy reminder that Universe erasure is no joke and the Angel smirk was quite disturbing. I wonder if Whis would react the same way...

Krillin and 18 episode next, quite cool with that.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Honestly it's generally not a good thing when you want to see the main character get his head stomped in. Goku's treading into Roman Reigns territory with me.

Great action. But good lord. That music at the end, how cheerful the Zenos were as they erased an entire universe. The way the Angel attendant smiled as it was done..... The gods are disturbingly cold towards life.

Then of course the realization that this is gonna happen several more times, and that it is ENTIRELY Goku's fault. Pretty Dark.

Fantastic Member

probably in the future, when most are wiped out, the zenos will be bored and would want to watch another tournament except there's not much contestants anymore, so they might revive the erased ones.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Then of course the realization that this is gonna happen several more times, and that it is ENTIRELY Goku's fault. Pretty Dark.
    I am not up to date on the episodes, but I thought it was made clear that Zeno was about to destroy the weaker universes anyway and that Goku asking for a tournament gave the waeker universes a fighting chance to prove themselves. Goku did good here (albeit unintentionally).

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Correct, this isn't Goku's fault. Goku actually gave people a, literal, fighting chance.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Moito smiling at the end could be one of two things, could be the angels and grand priest have some conspiracy going on behind the scenes... or it could just be Moito being relieved to finally be free of Sidra and Rou who official information said he despised(and the dude looked miserable up until then)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post

yeah no
    https://youtu.be/4COrXBsdtd0?t=51

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

but i am a bit more concerned that goku seems more interested in just having a good fight than trillions of lives being wiped out. that may change next week once we get some reactions from the other characters to universe 9 getting nuked.

I love how everyone just stopped fighting when U9 got destroyed.

Everyone.

No one even tried to get a cheap shot in, because it was just that big a deal.

Edit: The only thing that could have made the moment better is if the Zeno actually high-fived each other instead of just raising their hands to do it.
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-09-2017 at 06:53 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

18 continues her fight against the multiverse to win the DBS Waifu Royale rumble by eliminating Judy Hops.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

The Zen'Ohs are less super villains and more absolute gods with the mind sets of small children. There's nothing malicious in their actions, they just don't care and probably don't fully understand that others are affected by them wiping out an entire universe.

The entire universe wiping moment was really well done.

The action was decent this week, with Goku and Vegeta showing that they are not to be underestimated. Universe 9 had a bunch of gimmick fighters with good team work. But it didn't hold up to superior power.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    18 continues her fight against the multiverse to win the DBS Waifu Royale rumble by eliminating Judy Hops.
    I'm sad that happened off screen, and that we didn't get to see what happened in her fight with Cocoette. So next week better have lots of cool moments for 18.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-10-2017 at 07:53 AM.

courtesy of a pal of mine:

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The Zen'Ohs are less super villains and more absolute gods with the mind sets of small children. There's nothing malicious in their actions, they don't just don't care and probably don't fully understand that others are affected by them wiping out an entire universe.

The entire universe wiping moment was really well done.
    I give credit to Toei they played that last 3mins hard, really hard and it had the impacted it intended, I still am feeling it right now U-9 getting wiped out so heartlessly.

Honestly to while that is a well put point, I still consider the Zenos and The Grand Priest and maybe now even some of the Angels where part of this as well, Super-Villains. Even beings on high plans can be Devils and Villains you never saw coming, villains can be cold and heartless whether on a human level or that on the highest level plan. It may not be malicious to the Zenos, but it is still cold and uncaring with a vaped and elitist ideal towards life and grading it on its worth. Also, the Grand Priest comes off with ALLOT of Malicious intent in is expressions.

IMO THIS is the most important point right now in Super, not the who vs. who, or that Mega Beam at the end everyone likes, it is the cold-blooded murder of Trillions of lives and what could be the more sinister intent behind it all, the emotion look and reactions to it by the Angel of U-9 and the Grand priest leads to sinister intent.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!