Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Dragon Ball GT or Dragon Ball Super

Between Dragon Ball sequels, What series did you prefer as the better continuation GT or Super. Which anime had better writing for the Sagas.

Super every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

No contest, Super. GT always felt like it was trying to capture both the spirit of Dragonball and Dragonball Z causing it to have no real vision of itself. Super on the other hand doesn't try to be either and instead steps things up further even presenting us with a multivese of sorts that they're even using as the focus of some arcs.

Super. It's considered canon. Plus it's not as serious as DBZ which reminds me of the original Dragon Ball atmosphere and I really appreciate it.

I like that DBS takes place in between the Time Skip after Majin Buu saga and before the end of the manga. It means the gang is exactly the same as before. Also, as a fan of Vegeta, I like that they explore his character more, especially his relationship with his family. The only down side is Gohan, although I also support him to choose normal life because I remember he's never much liked to be a fighter like Goku.

However, in the upcoming battle of the universes saga it seems like he's going to fight again. And with No. 17, Tenshinhan, and surprisingly Master Roshi too (according to the new opening)! I'm very excited!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Shouldn't this be in the TV/Film section?

But yea, I'd go with Super. GT was just flat out bad IMHO
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Super, easily.

Good action, good sequel to Z, and great character episodes for characters who aren't Saiyans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the TV/Film section?

But yea, I'd go with Super. GT was just flat out bad IMHO
    I could not get into super, and GT was terrible, and the places where it started to get interesting it defaulted to the reason I tend to HATE dragonball.

They need to rename the show the Goku Savior show. In dbz, with the exception of that ONE time with his son and cell, Goku was the one that had to save the day. No one else was ever truly allowed to shine. One of the best fights, no, THE best fight of the buu saga was between gotenks and buu, and when he went ssj3 gotenks, he had buu on the ropes, and was about to blast him to nothingness... but no. Fusion over, can't allow someone else to win the day, bring goku back.

That was basically the entirety of dragon ball gt. My favorite character in that arc was uub, he was competent and powerful, in fact he seems like the most powerful human in the entire universe, by far. He fused with fat buu, faced off against bebi vegeta only to be overpowered, turned into chocolate and eaten, just before Goku the savior comes in to win the day.

Contrast that show with a show like fairy tail, the main character is natsu... sort of, but literally every other character in the show has had a chance to shine, typically multiple times.