Page 135 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2094

That's some suggestive dialogue at parts

she also tells Kale that its "Time for her to feel The Tingle"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

That's some suggestive dialogue at parts

she also tells Kale that its "Time for her to feel The Tingle"

Broly was amazing

made over 7 mil on Wed

RoF barley made over one mill its entire run in the US
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I would love to see the movie. But not one theater in my entire state was showing it.

But I knew it was killing it at the box office, and would especially so once it debuted in the West.

According to reports it made another 3.4 mill on Thursday, which brings up the total gross to over 10 mill in two days. We might 20 mill by the weekend.

According to reports it made another 3.4 mill on Thursday, which brings up the total gross to over 10 mill in two days. We might 20 mill by the weekend.
    I think with the way that the movie is blowing away all previous Dragon Ball films in the West, and possibly most other anime films, that Toei may start considering the Western market more going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think with the way that the movie is blowing away all previous Dragon Ball films in the West, and possibly most other anime films, that Toei may start considering the Western market more going forward.
    Western market, eh? Prepare for more car chases!

Toei likes to give a lot of lip service to the Western Markets...but at the end of the day its just lip service.

Db movie is in first place at the American box office in limited release! Why was this not giving a full release? It could have made much more plus would have helped 2D animation like the spongebob films are. Yes glass will knock it out but when is the last time a anime was first place in the American box office?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Db movie is in first place at the American box office in limited release! Why was this not giving a full release? It could have made much more plus would have helped 2D animation like the spongebob films are. Yes glass will knock it out but when is the last time a anime was first place in the American box office?
    Required more of an investment. With the way this movie went I wouldn't be surprised if the next movie is a full release. Anyays this is the first anime to open number one at the American Box Office since Pokemon: The Frist Movie. That came out 20 years ago and was at the absolute peak of the Pokemon craze.

Let's put this in context. The Dragon Ball franchise has a new incredibly successful show, it has such mainstream recognition now that Goku is appearing as a float in the Macy's day parade, and it's movie is becoming one of the biggest anime releases ever and doing things that only occured at the height of arguably the biggest anime every for Western audiences run. Remember like 2003- 2013 where if you were a Dragon Ball fan the series was pretty much done and all we got were video games and the occassional one off special for nearly a decade? Imagine telling someone then that Dragon Ball would be completely revived, have the most successful anime revival in history, AND that a decade after the original anime and nearly 25 years after the manga finished it the frachise in 2019 would be reaching it's highest levels of popularity in it's history?

That's where we are right now. The Dragon Ball franchise is at a level higher than it's ever been.

At the same time, FUNimation's Dragon Ball Super: Broly continues its strong performance, bringing in an estimated $2.4 million on Friday from just 467 locations, pushing the anime film to a $12.8 million domestic cume after three days in release. The film is expected to deliver over $8 million for the three-day, pushing to $9.5 million for the five-day weekend and a $15 million start.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4476&p=.htm

Some fun tibits

Broly's current box office gross of $12.8 million makes it the 7th highest grossing anime film released in the US, and its current global gross of $69.9 million has it sitting at the #17 spot of Highest Grossing Anime films in the world. It needs about $65 million more globally to crack the Top Ten highest grossing anime films of all time.

Some fun tibits

Broly's current box office gross of $12.8 million makes it the 7th highest grossing anime film released in the US, and its current global gross of $69.9 million has it sitting at the #17 spot of Highest Grossing Anime films in the world. It needs about $65 million more globally to crack the Top Ten highest grossing anime films of all time.
    Well, films like Pokemon the First Movie was a full release. Broly has only been a limited release (not all theaters got it, trust me, not one theater in my state got the film). Has that been factored in?

Well, films like Pokemon the First Movie was a full release. Broly has only been a limited release (not all theaters got it, trust me, not one theater in my state got the film). Has that been factored in?
    Its not something most sites factor in...BUT it is something to consider.

Just saw the Broly movie, quite good I think. Only had two complaints neither are that big.

spoilers:
    Bardock basically becoming Jor'el. I liked when that he didn't really give much of a **** about Goku, the new origin feels too much like Superman.

and the CGI was incredibly noticeable at times, and could be distracting
    end of spoilers

Other than that it's pretty much everything I would want in a Dragon Ball movie, plus Paragus and Broly don't come off as one dimensional some solid depth for both of them. Frieza really steals the show, getting some of the best lines and moments in the movie.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 01-20-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!