Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140
Results 2,086 to 2,094 of 2094

Not Dragon Ball specifically, but I've started to consider toys -- especially well made, well-articulated ones -- as great decoration around the home just as much as any kind of house plant, piece of art, and even book placement. If you don't play with them, then they're still statues, and they tend to add more color than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not Dragon Ball specifically, but I've started to consider toys -- especially well made, well-articulated ones -- as great decoration around the home just as much as any kind of house plant, piece of art, and even book placement. If you don't play with them, then they're still statues, and they tend to add more color than expected.
    My beef is with people that are obsessed with toys in such a way that they criticize those that enjoyed toys as kids.

I've actually been attacked by others for mentioning that I played with my Star Wars toys as a kid (things like a Tomtom, Snow Speeder, X-Wing, C-3PO, etc).

If you have toys and decide to simply use them as decoration, that's cool.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    My beef is with people that are obsessed with toys in such a way that they criticize those that enjoyed toys as kids.

I've actually been attacked by others for mentioning that I played with my Star Wars toys as a kid (things like a Tomtom, Snow Speeder, X-Wing, C-3PO, etc).

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by anything on the internet at this point, but criticizing someone because they played with their toys as a kid? Those are some troubled people.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Yeah, I've no criticisms of adults that play with toys whatsoever. But adults will also play less than children regardless (y'know, work obligations and social life and general exhaustion and all), hence my comment about them also being nice decorative statues when not in use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Toriyama seems to have 2 big weaknesses as a writer. One is his habit of not planning things out. The other is his seeming inability to write characters with any depth other than Vegeta, and only then as a rival to Goku. Goku has long been one of the least interesting characters in the whole franchise because his motivations never grew beyond 'wanting to fight.' That Toriyama can't figure out how to write a superpowered teenager who reluctantly becomes a superhero because he feels his powers give him the responsibility to help people while trying to balance his heroics with his school-life and maintaining a secret identity - while also carrying the guilt of being partially responsible for the death of a father-figure, that says more about Toriyama than about Gohan. I just described both Gohan ... and Peter Parker.
    Goku is my favorite Dragon Ball character and he’s always been one of the most interesting Dragon Ball characters to me. I like that he’s a carefree, happy-go-lucky guy who loves to fight. Unlike Superman who fights for the sake of others, Goku really fights for the sake of sport(a lot of the time). That to me is way more interesting than Peter Parker worrying about his Aunt May after her thousandth heart attack.

This video sums up feelings on this matter pretty nicely.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns2GvGSBsok&t=18s
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Diverting slightly from the anime a little; somewhat surprised there's so little Future Trunks fanfics out there despite his popularity. And a lot of the ones out there have been around since before Dragon Ball Super.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Funimation as Been Hitting It OUT~OF~THE~PARK with thier Voice Acting Talent in the ToP Arc!

Honestly Every Character from the sadly one time fighters like many of Univeres 9 to the Major Players like Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, Toppo, Jiren and others, Funimation is Making the ToP arc Far more Epic with the Talent they have gotten and the passion that Talent has put into this Dub.

They have made the ToP Feel More Powerful and more Tense like it should be, that is the showings of a Excellent Dubbing Studio!

But Where Funimation has Truly Shined IMO is in the Casting for the New Ladies of DB~Super in their Choices of Actresses for each role and some of My New Favorite Characters in DB;

*Kale ~~ Dawn Bennett!

*Caulifla ~~ Elizabeth Maxwell!

*Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne ~~ Veronica Taylor! -- YES, Thee Veronica Taylor!

*Sanka Ku/Kakunsa~~ Morgan Berry!

*Su Roas/Rozie~~ Kristi Rothrock!

These Ladies IMO are GODDESSES in the Work They have Done in Voicing of theses Ladies of Power in the ToP arc! I am so pleased with their Skills and Profession Level of work they have brought to these characters!

Funimation is truly making already great characters even greater with the caring work they are doing, Thank You Funimation!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

New TFS April fools.

Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

We've now got our first look at the current Dragon Ball anime project.

There's not a lot revealed, but I'm glad that they're sticking with the beautiful animation style they used for the Broly movie.

EDIT: Whupps, it's actually just a tribute for the Anecy Festival. Oh well, still pretty to look at.

Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-19-2021 at 03:33 PM.