Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2094

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I think the rule is that while he's dead, he's got a chance to be reincarnated. But he's killed in this form he'd just disappear from existence all together.

Which is a lot worse.
    And while being dead, is more resilient (my best way of putting it) than he would be alive, but still has limits. Like when Goku went SSJ3 back in the Buu Arc. He had a much easier time of maintaining it while dead than alive.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Mustache God got punked like a bitch
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jiren berated Toppo for throwing away his justice, and praised Vegeta for keeping his pride and what not.

Did not see that coming. But I liked it. And Vegeta just beat a God of Destruction level guy.

Nice to see him get a huge knock out by himself. He has been the highlight of the show for me hopefully they keep letting him shine.

That was honestly one of Vegeta's best moments ever, both as a character and powerwise, and man the flashback to his self destruct back in the Buu saga gave chills

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Vegeta just beat a God of Destruction level guy.
    Lets not sell it short, he didn't beat a GoD level guy, he beat A God of Destruction, full on
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-03-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Jiren berated Toppo for throwing away his justice, and praised Vegeta for keeping his pride and what not.

Did not see that coming. But I liked it. And Vegeta just beat a God of Destruction level guy.
    I'm flashing back to the God of Destruction sparring match right before the tournament. I doubt Vegeta would last very long against them, but I also picture that he would have an absolute field day with it, both laughing at and being angry with the competition.

Extraordinary Member

Well. That was a surprise.

Kinda disappointing that Toppo didn't ring out anybody after his big transformation. The U11 guys are just really bad at finishing up their fights properly.

Very cool moment for Vegeta, and I'm even more impressed that 17 is still in this fight.

Jiren unleashed next episode, and Freiza is currently skulking around in parts unknown. Go Jiren go!

Extraordinary Member

Seriously wish it was Gohan in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That was honestly one of Vegeta's best moments ever, both as a character and powerwise, and man the flashback to his self destruct back in the Buu saga gave chills

Lets not sell it short, he didn't beat a GoD level guy, he beat A God of Destruction, full on
    Nope. Toppo has not yet been appointed to that station. So, while having the power of a God of Destruction, he is still only a candidate for the job. Kind of like how Zamasu never actually became a full on Supreme Kai, never being properly promoted.

This was likely Vegeta's last big moment in Super (or this iteration of Super if DB comes back with that name). And it parallels his first big moment in Super.

Vegeta's first big moment was against Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie/arc. "THAT'S MY BULMA!!!"

Here, Vegeta is empowered thinking about his family and thinking about his promise to Cabba. "I CAST ASIDE NOTHING!!!"

It once again refutes his attitude from the Buu arc of DBZ when he sold himself out to Babadi for power.

Sometimes Dragonball's writing can be really uneven. And sometimes Dragonball's writing can just nail it.

Nope. Toppo has not yet been appointed to that station. So, while having the power of a God of Destruction, he is still only a candidate for the job. Kind of like how Zamasu never actually became a full on Supreme Kai, never being properly promoted.
    He doesn't have the title, but other than that there wasn't any difference between him and a GoD, which is basically exactly how Belmond said it right before he shouted It's the birth of God of Destruction Toppo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Seriously wish it was Gohan in this episode.
    Yeah, Gohan really should be the one standing by Goku's side at this point. That's one of the things that bothered me about the episode (and this part of the arc in general) despite generally liking it.

The other one that I recently realised is that Vegeta "power of friendship"-ed Toppo.

Seriously, one moment Vegeta was all "Ahh, he is much stronger than before!" and gets wallopped.

Then he's like "Wait, I have a family and a friend I'm fighting for!" and then he kicks Toppo's ass.

As a symbolic moment of opposing motivations it's a really well done scene. But from a practical standpoint it's a standard BS nakama power up, which is a bit annoying. It would be less annoying if all the power Vegeta used had significance and he couldn't like move and was a sitting duck and stuff, but from the preview we can see that he's right back to SSB mode in the next episode.

So at the end of the day it's a bit of a mixed moment for me.

I love how far Vegeta has come. Basically a merciless killer who fought for absolutely nothing but himself once upon a time, now giving speeches midfight about how much of a loser his opponent is for not holding on to the things that matter in life. Also love the callback to the Buu sacrifice and only this time he survives the technique. One of the best episodes in a saga already chock full of great moments.

How I think this ends? Either Freiza or 17 plays the role of a character thought killed in battle, so he's counted as eliminated. The "death" will be considered accidental or caused by the victim, so Jiren isn't disqualified. Vegeta and again, either Freiza or 17 depending on how the former scenario works out, are eventually eliminated, leaving Goku vs. Jiren. The fight ends in a double-KO for Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren, but kinda like the tounrmanet against Tenshinhan, Goku "hits the ground" first. Jiren appears to be the winner, until its revealed that aforementioned deceased U7 member actually survived, is still on a piece of the fighting stage, and thus was never eliminated, thus Universe 7 wins.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-04-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, Gohan really should be the one standing by Goku's side at this point. That's one of the things that bothered me about the episode (and this part of the arc in general) despite generally liking it.

The other one that I recently realised is that Vegeta "power of friendship"-ed Toppo.

Seriously, one moment Vegeta was all "Ahh, he is much stronger than before!" and gets wallopped.

Then he's like "Wait, I have a family and a friend I'm fighting for!" and then he kicks Toppo's ass.

As a symbolic moment of opposing motivations it's a really well done scene. But from a practical standpoint it's a standard BS nakama power up, which is a bit annoying. It would be less annoying if all the power Vegeta used had significance and he couldn't like move and was a sitting duck and stuff, but from the preview we can see that he's right back to SSB mode in the next episode.

So at the end of the day it's a bit of a mixed moment for me.

The person who should have been eliminated 2 episodes ago was #17, not Gohan. It would have continued the development of the relationship between Gohan and Frieza and allowed for a more interesting dynamic with Toppo being similar to the Great Saiyaman. Then, when Toppo announces that he has abandoned justice and everything else in favor of survival, Gohan could have remembered when Piccolo told him to stop fighting for his friends and family as they prevent him from focusing. And with apologies to his master, he could have yelled that that is not who he is, and while thinking of Videl, Pan, Piccolo, Chichi, Goten, and Goku, he could have had his first rage-boost and defeated Toppo then.

Vegeta's moment was good, but it was a Gohan moment. Then again, Battle of Gods already gave Vegeta Gohan's old rage boosts, so that's to be expected. It's the #17 thing I don't understand. He's not that popular, and he doesn't have the story potential to justify being in the tournament this long.

I can't speak for anyone else but I like that 17 has lasted this long. Its the unexpectedness of his importance after such a long time unseen that I find interesting. #17 certainly wasn't popular before, but this arc has definitely earned him fans, from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-04-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El