Page 126 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2094

The Kid Goku thing would have been fine, cool even, if it was just done for an arc. Making it status quo that he was permanently a child and would essentially have to age all over again is just stupid. It also never made sense that he would turn back into an adult form only when using Super Saiyan 4.

Super turning it around on the other hand and making the Pilaf Gang children, that is great.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by EllaRagu View Post
    I'm late to the party but.......

Super. I don't like the series, but I do like the movies. Looking forward to the new Broly.

• Too many pointless tournaments
    • Goten & Trunks never age.
    • Vegetas' daughters name is stupid.
    I'm not going to debate preference of Super vs. GT, but I feel like these three points are rather petty and superficial. Tournaments were so common in Dragon Ball that they had their *own* patterns. While I agree that Goten and Trunks were underdeveloped, there's a way to build them up without being too concerned about their age (heck, Gohan did just fine in the Frieza and Cell Sagas despite being the same size).

And for the last one -- the way names are handled in Dragon Ball are pretty much a staple of the series -- plus, Bra's name is still a DBZ invention and became much more prominent during GT. It can hardly be blamed on Super.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-30-2018 at 03:56 PM.

BANNED

Over a year ago, UI premiered leaving us with our mouths opened...

S28C-118092818010-1.jpg

New trailer on Friday!

According to those in the know, expect this trailer to have more flashbacks to the past ie Bardock, King Vegeta, Frieza and Paragus (Maybe Gine, though im crossing fingers for Vegeta's mom)

spoilers:
    Also Gogeta has pretty much been confirmed
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Trailer leaked....and HOT DAMN THAT ANIMATION AND FEELS
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    New trailer on Friday!

According to those in the know, expect this trailer to have more flashbacks to the past ie Bardock, King Vegeta, Frieza and Paragus (Maybe Gine, though im crossing fingers for Vegeta's mom)

spoilers:
    Also Gogeta has pretty much been confirmed
    end of spoilers
    He kind of was when dataminers discovered he was confirmed in an upcoming DLC with Broly for Xenoverse 2.

But I'm probably one of the few NOT salty over Minus being more or less canonical with the main series, going by the reaction on Kanzenshuu.

Trailer:

Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Ooo, that SS Vegeta shot is what made me perk up! Everything else looks ok, everything I've come to expect.

I was Surprised that Gine, Goku's Mom is finally appearing on the series.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Baby Vegeta will always be adorbs.

Wow. On kanzenshuu, its almost full on meltdown mode with the new reveals, particularly the confirmation of Minus content. Me? I liked the short. I liked the Bardock special too, but I just don't feel all that attached to it. And now, I just file it with the DBZ films as an alternate dimension storyline. Looking forward to the English dub release.

. .
    Last edited by EllaRagu; 10-12-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm not going to debate preference of Super vs. GT, but I feel like these three points are rather petty and superficial. Tournaments were so common in Dragon Ball that they had their *own* patterns. While I agree that Goten and Trunks were underdeveloped, there's a way to build them up without being too concerned about their age (heck, Gohan did just fine in the Frieza and Cell Sagas despite being the same size).

And for the last one -- the way names are handled in Dragon Ball are pretty much a staple of the series -- plus, Bra's name is still a DBZ invention and became much more prominent during GT. It can hardly be blamed on Super.
    Gohan changed many times from Frieza to Cell Saga. What show were you watching?

Tournaments in DBZ had a small part to play. They weren't the main saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'd say the Future Trunks Arc and the TOP Arc certainly had moments of tension and drama. Particularly that barring Trunks and Mai, everyone and everything else in their timeline was erased.

First time we see SSJ God, Goku and Beerus' punch clashes threatened the universe itself, until Goku finally got the hang of his power. Even then, Beerus was still holding back a lot. I'd say that really upped the stakes.

Blue is what it is. Can't really argue that, but it does allow for, a time, perfect Ki control.

Silly tournaments have always been a part of Dragon Ball. Even the lauded Cell Games were silly, in that Cell didn't have to wait around for the warriors to get stronger. And complaining about talking animals now is just silly. Talking animals goes back to the original run with Puar, Oolong, and even King Furry himself. As for the Saiyans learning Super Saiyan, well, look at Goten and Trunks. They literally turned it into a child's plaything. The U6 Saiyans had the potential, just not the knowledge of Super Saiyan. That's what held them back.

Again, tournaments have almost always been a thing.

True on Goten and Trunks.

Also true.

Vegeta was not "cool" with the tyrant coming back. He only tolerated it because they badly needed a 10th member to avoid being erased.

A loser? He prevented Majin Buu from being revived and killed both Babidi and Dabura before they could begin their reign of terror on Earth. The only thing against him, was that the Supreme Kai was killed before he could defeat them. Trunks also actively fought to protect the people of his timeline, day and night, as he was the only protection they had. But he just wasn't enough. Unlike Goku and Vegeta, Trunks is an actual hero, devoting his life to protecting his world.

Bra? That whole family's name is based on underwear puns. Bulma for Bloomers, Trunks is obvious, Dr. Briefs, Tights (Bulma's older sister), and Toriyama thought that, if he were to name Bulma's mother, it'd be along the lines of "Panties". No joke, kind of. To harp on it now, when it has been there since the very first time Bulma was introduced in Chapter 1 of Dragon Ball, seems odd. In fact, nearly every character in the series has a name based on one pun theme or another.
    Tournaments never played a big part in DBZ. The Cell games was 15% of the whole saga.
    Goten and Trunks turning SSJ didn't mean they could take on Goku and we saw them get beaten up most of the time.
    I meant Vegeta was a loser in GT. Not Buu saga.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wow. On kanzenshuu, its almost full on meltdown mode with the new reveals, particularly the confirmation of Minus content. Me? I liked the short. I liked the Bardock special too, but I just don't feel all that attached to it. And now, I just file it with the DBZ films as an alternate dimension storyline. Looking forward to the English dub release.
    Toriyama's attitude to DBZ canon has always been: "If I didn't write it, it doesn't count!"

"If I DID write it but I forgot I wrote it, it still doesn't count!"

"Besides cGenerally whatever is easiest for me is canon!"

You'd think they'd have learned that by now.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 10-12-2018 at 12:42 PM.