Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2094
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    As for the retcons, sadly these things happen when old creators come back to their franchise. For better or worse Toriyama is the Lucas of manga/anime.
    Quite true. To me, there's a distinct difference between the GT and Super timelines at this point. I kinda view it like this.

GT: Bardock, Father of Goku > Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z > Dragon Ball GT
    Super: Dragon Ball Minus > Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z Kai > Dragon Ball Super Broly

There's more stuff that goes into the GT timeline, but it isn't relevant to the topic at hand.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Not your typical DB theme

catchy though
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

^Haaard effing pass.

Extraordinary Member

Well the world premire is next week, and I know a couple of people who are going...so full spoilers will most likely be out next Wed
    Also, the next update for Xenoverse 2 has been data-mined and the new characters will be a new Broly and Gogeta. So yeah, I'm thinking that SSB Gogeta is pretty much confirmed.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Also, the next update for Xenoverse 2 has been data-mined and the new characters will be a new Broly and Gogeta. So yeah, I'm thinking that SSB Gogeta is pretty much confirmed.
    Damn data miners always with the spoilers lol
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    ^Haaard effing pass.
    I tend to be pretty open to new themes and unexpected genres in anime, but the fact that this is inspired by Imagine Dragons makes this a no for me, dawg.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Not your typical DB theme

catchy though
    I prefer 10s, Broly's REAL theme.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That goes without saying

He made himself canon just to remind us that his skin is cold
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ah, Pantera.

Summaries are out there...look for them at your own desecration

spoilers:
    Apparently Broly has a shower scene lol
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Big G; 11-14-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Summaries are out there...look for them at your own desecration

spoilers:
    Apparently Broly has a shower scene lol
    end of spoilers
    We've already had that for Goku and Vegeta, so why not Broly?

Gotta give the ladies (and some gentlemen) what they want right?

Listened to Geekdom's spoilers. And, I can dig it.

BANNED

The first screening of the movie just took place.
    The first reactions were extremely positive and they adresss the movie as one of the best DB visuals we ever have seen.

Spoilers ahead in white letter, you can marked them to see the content. Proceed at your own will...

The first act of the movie takes place in the past, during planet Vegeta's last days. It's basically a remake of th Bardock: Father Of Goku special movie with Broly's origin and stuff from DB Minus manga.

The second act takes place in the present, some time after Zeno's tournament. Frieza collects the Dragonballs for some reason but he only has six. Bulma is also looking for the Dragonballs so she can become 5 years younger but she only has one. Broly with Paragus, appears and challenges Goku and Vegeta. Apparently, Broly hates Vegeta this time. Vegeta starts the fight revealing that he can go into SS-God. He loses and Goku takes hs turn. At first the two adversaries are equally matched but Broly slowly becomes more powerful. Frieza appears and kills Paragus triggering Broly's tranformation into Super Sayan. Goku then is completely trashed even in Super Sayan Blue and he retreat with Vegeta.

Act Three sees Goku and Vegeta trying to master the Fusion Dance with Picollo. Frieza is being trashed by SS-J Broly. It is also revealed that Frieza wants the Dragonballs so he can gain more height. Goku and Vegeta are finally completing the Fusion giving birth to Gogeta. Gogeta (in an uspecified form) is fighting Whis at first and later he goes against Broly. Whis is tranferring both of them in to a another dimension. Broly gives Gogeta a run of his money but the tide is soon changed and just when Gogeta tries to finish off Broly, one of Broly's associates helps him escape.

The good stuff:
    Super Sayan God Vegeta.
    Gogeta makes his official debut in the main cannon.
    Broly's origin makes more sense.
    Broly is not killed.

The bad stuff:
    No Gohan.
    No Ultra Instict.
    No SS-B Kaioken.
    No Jiren or other characters we met in DB Super's run
    And Beerus screen time is very limited.

One interesting fact that might open new doors is one scene just before the end credits. In this scene, we see Goku adressing himself as Kakarott for the first time ever.

The movie definitely winks the eye to the fans that there's going to be new material in the immediate future. There is also the upcoming Jump Fest in which, it is expected to hear a new major announcement for the franchise.

Can't wait!!!
    Last edited by Minerboh; 11-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Already spoiled myself, willingly. But it still sounds like a good watch through, and the original that Toriyama sent in would have made the film 3 hours!

And, after the original Broly, I'm glad to see the new one actually has a personality and character. The old one, while "cool", had no character depth and was the Saiyan version of Doomsday (mindless killing machine).