Page 131 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2094

Super, i like that Vegeta is back. I have been told that the manga at the end of super is different.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Already spoiled myself, willingly. But it still sounds like a good watch through, and the original that Toriyama sent in would have made the film 3 hours!

And, after the original Broly, I'm glad to see the new one actually has a personality and character. The old one, while "cool", had no character depth and was the Saiyan version of Doomsday (mindless killing machine).
    As a huge DBZ fan people really have to view the original Broly the same way we view Bojack, Android 13, Cooler, Janemba, etc. They were just yearly specials showing the heroes fighting a cool looking villain. They were designed to be flash with no substance and many were straight up rip offs of concepts from prior arcs. Cooler wanted revenge for a brother he hated, Android programmed to kill Goku, Bojack just evil because, Janemba just evil because, Broly a mindless brute.

Broly was never meant to be some deep character. He was meant to be a cool concept to give the heroes a fight. He succeeded more than any movie character at that, which is why they kept bringing him back.

If he was on the show and was given a 20 episode arc and it was like that, then yeah I'd get the criticism. But he was a movie monster plot device for a 72 minute film

Yeah if they had done only one Broly movie....he would have been fine as a one story bad guy. But he was too popular. SC turned him into a meme...and Bio-broly (which I find easier to watch than SC)well...yeah.

Having gone over the spoilers/break downs for DBS Broly. Let me tell you. He is an actual character now. Might not be super original but its interesting. He still serves a bit of "dark" parallel to Goku but as interviews have said..."he's not evil".

Without saying too...keep an eye out for the second quarter of the movie.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Yeah if they had done only one Broly movie....he would have been fine as a one story bad guy. But he was too popular. SC turned him into a meme...and Bio-broly (which I find easier to watch than SC)well...yeah.

Having gone over the spoilers/break downs for DBS Broly. Let me tell you. He is an actual character now. Might not be super original but its interesting. He still serves a bit of "dark" parallel to Goku but as interviews have said..."he's not evil".

Without saying too...keep an eye out for the second quarter of the movie.
    Bio-Broly was nothing more than a slap to all Broly and non Broly fans across the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Bio-Broly was nothing more than a slap to all Broly and non Broly fans across the globe.
    true but I'd take the quartet of Trunks, Goten, 18 and Krillin over Trunks, Goten, Gohan and Videl any day
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

well the Manga is going to being Skipping Broly as the next Arc in the manga will take place after the events of the that movie.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/...ner-arc-manga/
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-17-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    true but I'd take the quartet of Trunks, Goten, 18 and Krillin over Trunks, Goten, Gohan and Videl any day
    If Second Coming had that cast (excluding the shots were Trunks shows his ass so he can piss Broly off) along with Mystic Gohan, then by all means.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    well the Manga is going to being Skipping Broly as the next Arc in the manga will take place after the events of the that movie.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/...ner-arc-manga/
    Seeing this, i am more conviced than ever that Super anime is on an extented hiatus.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Manga Tournament of Power Results:

After Ultra Instinct times out, Vegeta and Goku work together to fight Jiren but even while weakened he seems stronger than them. He tanks a combined blast from them and rings out Vegeta with one blow.

Goku tries to fight him solo but is being beaten mercilessly until Jiren just decides to physically push Goku to the edge of the arena for a ring out. Freeza appears behind Jiren and tosses a large Death Ball. Jiren turns to block it, but Goku grabs him in a lock so that they will both get thrown out. Jiren still manages to deflect the Death Ball, but Freeza anticipated this and is already diving towards the both of them in Golden form. He ends up diving both Jiren, Goku, and Himself out of bounds.

17 is revealed to still be in the arena giving them the win. He does not participate in the battle in this version, instead revealing that he and Freeza had orchestrated a plan for 17 to fake his death and hide so no one from Universe 11 would know there was still one more Universe 7 rep in there. 18 saw through the fake death.

There is apparently no mention in this version that the winning universe would have been wiped out too if their wish was selfish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

After Ultra Instinct times out, Vegeta and Goku work together to fight Jiren but even while weakened he seems stronger than them. He tanks a combined blast from them and rings out Vegeta with one blow.

Goku tries to fight him solo but is being beaten mercilessly until Jiren just decides to physically push Goku to the edge of the arena for a ring out. Freeza appears behind Jiren and tosses a large Death Ball. Jiren turns to block it, but Goku grabs him in a lock so that they will both get thrown out. Jiren still manages to deflect the Death Ball, but Freeza anticipated this and is already diving towards the both of them in Golden form. He ends up diving both Jiren, Goku, and Himself out of bounds.

17 is revealed to still be in the arena giving them the win. He does not participate in the battle in this version, instead revealing that he and Freeza had orchestrated a plan for 17 to fake his death and hide so no one from Universe 11 would know there was still one more Universe 7 rep in there. 18 saw through the fake death.

There is apparently no mention in this version that the winning universe would have been wiped out too if their wish was selfish.
    ...I prefer the final desperate struggle from the anime version.

It's so GOD DAMN AWESOME!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Did they have Vegeta's SSJB Evo form in the manga? And does Toppo get his GoD powers? Doesn't sound like it...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Did they have Vegeta's SSJB Evo form in the manga? And does Toppo get his GoD powers? Doesn't sound like it...
    No and No. Toppo and Dyspo both got shafted pretty hard from having any cool powers or moments in the manga. While Jiren is dismissive of them in both versions, in the anime he didn't badmouth them until they had actually lost, while in the Manga they are nearly ringed-out rather casually and have a chance to make it back in with his help and he turns them down, saying they should just leave it to him. So they both end up out without any fanfare.

I sort of appreciate the strategy behind 17 staying hidden; it at least makes a lot of sense in that at least they would tie Universe 11 when time ran out if Jiren beat Goku/Vegeta/Freeza, and like that Freeza was one of the guys making the plan--but yeah it comes off much less epic and more rushed.

The very same chapter basically glosses over that the events of Broly take place, then immediately jumps into starting the new Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc.

I really hope they don't wait this time and let the manga get a decent head start before the anime comes back. In this case the anime is far superior anyway, I'd rather it not start to follow some of the manga's details. That on top of just wanting the anime back ASAP. I'm prepared to still have to wait, just hopeful.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

No and No. Toppo and Dyspo both got shafted pretty hard from having any cool powers or moments in the manga. While Jiren is dismissive of them in both versions, in the anime he didn't badmouth them until they had actually lost, while in the Manga they are nearly ringed-out rather casually and have a chance to make it back in with his help and he turns them down, saying they should just leave it to him. So they both end up out without any fanfare.
    Well, that sucks. I really like Toppo, and the GoD powers not only made him awesome but also gave him a great character arc. Shame that all got tossed out the window in the manga.

As for Vegeta's new form, I don't care for the idea of God Ki at all (I think it's dumb and nonsensical), but it was nice that Vegeta got a form that Goku didn't for once.

To be honest, I never really liked super saiyan having hard-and-fast stages after the first form: I preferred the idea of malleability that was introduced in the Cell Saga, where each fighter could develop SSJ into forms that catered to their strengths (more power against less speed, etc.) as opposed to there being a "right" and a "wrong" way to level up.

That's one of the reasons I love SSJ4 so much. There was that bit of distinction between Goku, Vegeta and Gogeta that made each individual stand out from the others, even if it was only a visual difference.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."