Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2094

BOM’s weekend end estimates are in and Broly’s current projections are $4.9 million on Saturday and 3.3 million for Sunday brining it’s weekend gross to $10.6 million and a total lifetime gross of $21 million.

It is now the 3rd highest grossing anime film in the United States (behind Pokemon the First Movie and Pokemon 2000 respectively) and is currently sitting at #13 at highest grossing anime film of all time globally. It only needs about $57 million more to crack the Top 10 highest grossing anime films of all time. And due to the fact that it hasn’t opened up in Europe and other parts of Asia...woo boy there’s a chance that Broly brings in the bacon.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Correction Broly’s current global gross is estimated to be around $86.9 million which would make it the 12th highest grossing anime film in the world. Meaning it only needs 48 million more to hit the top 10.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

3rd place in limited release. Should have got a full release.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4477&p=.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I really wish it had been a full release. Then it would have come to a theater in my town, let alone state.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Quite amazing, can speak from personal experience when I went the theater was packed. Not sure if it sold out, but it was close.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

The theater I went to was sold out and packed despite the blizzard.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    The theater I went to was sold out and packed despite the blizzard.
    *que the music*

Just saw it. I'm amazed at both how this is much smaller stakes than anything in Super and yet had that great cinematic feel.

Plus that animation! What a joy!

And of course, it wouldn't be a more-involved Toriyama story if it wasn't for that humor and that ending.

Now that I've been able to reflect on this a bit more, for all the shit I gave Goku/the writers for giving him almost zero character development throughout all of Super, he finally gets a rather sizable one this time around.

Also, Broly can be considered the center of the movie the same way Thanos was in Infinity War, in that the antagonist got the most character development and everyone else -- hero and villain alike -- are all there to service his story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I sat next to a few kids, from what I think were ages 3 - 8. They giggled during that scene, it was cute.

Toriyama had such a great take on Broly. I wonder what his take on Cooler would look like...

BANNED

I would like to see Cell coming back for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Toriyama had such a great take on Broly. I wonder what his take on Cooler would look like...
    I think most of us would like to see Cooler make the transition because it would be fun to see him and Frieza interact. Now you could argue that Frost fills that quota...much like how Kale fills the Broly quota...but they still brought Broly over so that points moot

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I would like to see Cell coming back for once.
    \

Not to be that guy...but what would Cell coming back bring to the story? Like what would they do with him other than trying to kill Goku anc Co? At least with Frieza he's got an Empire to run while he's dreaming of killing Goku and Vegeta.

Now its hard to say no to Dameon Clarke's Handsome Perfect Cell but I don't think him coming back would be all that great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think most of us would like to see Cooler make the transition because it would be fun to see him and Frieza interact. Now you could argue that Frost fills that quota...much like how Kale fills the Broly quota...but they still brought Broly over so that points moot

\

Not to be that guy...but what would Cell coming back bring to the story? Like what would they do with him other than trying to kill Goku anc Co? At least with Frieza he's got an Empire to run while he's dreaming of killing Goku and Vegeta.

Now its hard to say no to Dameon Clarke's Handsome Perfect Cell but I don't think him coming back would be all that great.
    For starters, they could make a Kill Bill like story taking place between Cell and the Androids.
    Cell comes back in his perfect form. 18 learns about this plans his ultimate downfall.
    Dragonball is not all about Goku.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    For starters, they could make a Kill Bill like story taking place between Cell and the Androids.
    Cell comes back in his perfect form. 18 learns about this plans his ultimate downfall.
    Dragonball is not all about Goku.
    Cell really doesn’t have a great character.