Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2094
    Extraordinary Member

Is there a separate thread for discussing DBS: Brolly?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    For starters, they could make a Kill Bill like story taking place between Cell and the Androids.
    Cell comes back in his perfect form. 18 learns about this plans his ultimate downfall.
    Dragonball is not all about Goku.
    Toriyama, Toei and SHuiesha would disagree
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Yep. Even in this movie where Broly got more story and (maybe?) more screen time than Goku, Goku was still very prominent. And this formula worked for them this time around so it's going to be difficult to see them changing course for other characters.

Even if Goku isn't the focus, he'll still be featured majorly the next time around. If by whatever unlikely off-shoot chance there's a story about Cell and the Androids, if it's going to be on this scale, it's going to have Goku in the front. Otherwise, it'll be a side story like an OVA or a few episodes at best, and not a theatrical release like Battle of Gods or Broly.

BANNED

For now, yes, i agree with that.
    It was a time though that this was not the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Cell really doesn’t have a great character.
    True, but everything can be taken back to the drawing board.
    Broly was nothing more than a Hulk rip off in the 90's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yep. Even in this movie where Broly got more story and (maybe?) more screen time than Goku, Goku was still very prominent. And this formula worked for them this time around so it's going to be difficult to see them changing course for other characters.

Even if Goku isn't the focus, he'll still be featured majorly the next time around. If by whatever unlikely off-shoot chance there's a story about Cell and the Androids, if it's going to be on this scale, it's going to have Goku in the front. Otherwise, it'll be a side story like an OVA or a few episodes at best, and not a theatrical release like Battle of Gods or Broly.
    Guys. I never said that Goku should be excluded completely. He could be there perfectly and do his stuff.
    We could very well have a story, an ova, a new saga in the upcoming(?) revival of Super where Cell comes back and a grundge between 18 or 17 with Cell can take place and then throw Goku into the mix just like they did in many parts of Z.
    And why we can't have a threatrical release about a Cell vs the Androids with a limited presence by Goku? We had three movies with very limited (to almost non existent) presence from Goku: the two sequels of the original Broly (in Bio Broly he had a very short cameo) and that movie with teen Gohan in that tournament.

Time to see something new. Frieza had more resurrections than Jean Grey and Optimus Prime put together.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 01-22-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Guys. I never said that Goku should be excluded completely. He could be there perfectly and do his stuff.
    We could very well have a story, an ova, a new saga in the upcoming(?) revival of Super where Cell comes back and a grundge between 18 or 17 with Cell can take place and then throw Goku into the mix just like they did in many parts of Z.
    And why we can't have a threatrical release about a Cell vs the Androids with a limited presence by Goku? We had three movies with very limited (to almost non existent) presence from Goku: the two sequels of the original Broly (in Bio Broly he had a very short cameo) and that movie with teen Gohan in that tournament.

Time to see something new. Frieza had more resurrections than Jean Grey and Optimus Prime put together.
    Only 2 resurrections are canon for Freeza.

Until a Cell comeback is announced, I personally believe that in Toriyama's mind Cell does not still exist in the afterlife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Until a Cell comeback is announced, I personally believe that in Toriyama's mind Cell does not still exist in the afterlife.
    Friend, it was a matter of speech. I know what's canon and what's not.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Query: has anyone been partaking in the Dragon Ball Heroes manga/promo anime? I know DBH goes buck wild and does its own thing, but I love that there's going to be an honest-to-goodness spoilers:
    villain team (with a revived Zamasu, no less!)
    end of spoilers in the Universal Conflict Arc, and the fact that their goal is to spoilers:
    destroy Zen-Oh
    end of spoilers makes me wish that the folks who wrote the Universal Survival Arc in Super had that much ambition and imagination.

Also, there's a spoilers:
    pair of tsufru-jin twins, which, as a Baby fan, I love.
    end of spoilers
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Cell doesn't have a soul. I mean we've seen a lot Freeza in hell but Freeza was a regular living being, he wasn't artificially created like Cell was.

I'm pretty sure if Goku didn't ask for reincarnation, Buu would have ceased to exist as well since he was created by magic.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

*que the music*
    I know lol. My friend pointed out that it was a funny coincidence.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Extraordinary Member

Whenever I hear someone say it’s not all about Goku I laugh. Do they even know the series? It literally is the story of Goku’s life. We follow him from childhood, to his teens, to early adulthood, to being a father and grandfather.

There was exactly one arc where his fight wasn’t the primary fight and it was a passing of the torch moment that they tried and ultimately ran from for more Goku.

He’s the main character.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

If you go by GT canon, Freeza only has one resurrection, and that was in movie 12: I don't consider his appearance in Hell in GT to be a full-on resurrection.

I dunno Toriyama's thoughts on it, but, being a GT canon guy, Cell totally exists in Hell, as was shown multiple times throughout Z and GT.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Whenever I hear someone say it’s not all about Goku I laugh. Do they even know the series? It literally is the story of Goku’s life. We follow him from childhood, to his teens, to early adulthood, to being a father and grandfather.

There was exactly one arc where his fight wasn’t the primary fight and it was a passing of the torch moment that they tried and ultimately ran from for more Goku.

He’s the main character.
    In fairness, Broly was about, well, Broly, and not Goku. Broly had (perhaps) the most screen time and the most character growth. He was the most changed character from beginning to the end of the movie. This is in contrast to previous films like, say, Beerus, who came to appreciate Goku but was still as stubborn as ever, or Frieza, who didn't learn jack, or the movie-specific villains who existed simply to get beaten by Goku and nothing more.

Goku was the most prominent supporting character, but he was also one of the characters who instilled the most change in Broly. The other two who did that were brand new characters. Goku changed at the end as well, but it wasn't nearly as drastic as Broly's. You could argue that Broly was the real center of the movie; the story not only revolved around him, but he made the major beat choices, he suffered the consequences the most, and he faced the most obstacles -- and, more importantly, he wouldn't be the center if he ...

spoilers:
    didn't turn from antagonist to protagonist at the end. Not a hero, but a tragic figure. Broly wasn't the true enemy of our heroes.
    end of spoilers

On the contrary, Goku reacted to or was the result of those choices.

So yeah, while the franchise primarily follows Goku, it can still have Goku in the occasional supporting role (the Future Trunks Saga being a much longer example. The finale of the Cell Games shifted focus from Goku to Gohan as well.).
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-24-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    If you go by GT canon, Freeza only has one resurrection, and that was in movie 12: I don't consider his appearance in Hell in GT to be a full-on resurrection.

I dunno Toriyama's thoughts on it, but, being a GT canon guy, Cell totally exists in Hell, as was shown multiple times throughout Z and GT.
    Well, that's the thing. GT just doesn't work with Super around. Besides which, Toriyama likes to retcon his retcons. So getting too attached to certain details is not going to bode well going down the line.