Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm personally really liking how there's this theme of slowly but steadily deconstructing Goku's character and motivation in Super. It's a fun idea and they're pulling off really well without being malicious towards the character, something that can easily happen with deconstructions.
    Yeah, that's a great point. Now I'm trying to imagine Goku as written by Alan Moore or Grant Morrison. It'd be deep, introspective, and inventive but I'm afraid of how terrifying and cold it would really be.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

as masakoX theorized, goku doesn't see his family in the same way as others. sure he loves them but only as much as he does his other friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, that's a great point. Now I'm trying to imagine Goku as written by Alan Moore or Grant Morrison. It'd be deep, introspective, and inventive but I'm afraid of how terrifying and cold it would really be.
    and it would have at least one rape scene in it. because alan moore.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Funnily enough, I think he took Krillin's deaths worse, with the whole going super saiyan for the first time thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Funnily enough, I think he took Krillin's deaths worse, with the whole going super saiyan for the first time thing.
    Well, it's not like they have any transformations for him to activate with rage at this point anyway, especially since he was already SSB when the scene started.

...I wonder if we'll get a Super Saiyan White at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case. Goku's a good man, but his priorities are sometimes a little messed up.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case. Goku's a good man, but his priorities are sometimes a little messed up.
    not the best husband or father. he made a comment about missing goten's birth when he asked getts to skip out on his second kid's birth just to train.

huh. vegeta not training and relaxing more. he actually took whis' advice.

I see DBS as potentially more inclusive and interesting than GT. The Goku, Pan, Trunks tour was never really interesting to me. Granted DBS has mainly been the Goku and Vegeta show outside of a few special episodes. I see more opportunities for other characters and mainly more interesting characters and plots than GT. But we'll see how it all plays out.
    Last edited by seiko-34; 02-11-2017 at 10:32 AM.

But personally with more moments like this I'd be more than happy

jeez!

goku is turning into a right dick in this arc.

Extraordinary Member

At least we're finally getting Gohan in a non-filler fight, as well as some level of maturity and intelligence to balance out Goku.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    jeez!

goku is turning into a right dick in this arc.
    No he isn't.

He's just being dumb and optimistic as usual. The problem is that those traits keep him from comprehending the scale of the actual threat Zen-Oh represents.

I really like this episode, it was fun and engaging all the way throughout. And I enjoyed the various designs for the God of Destruction. Seeing Buu fight is also a great treat.

Extraordinary Member

And now everybody at the Universe Survival Tourney knows that this was all GOKU's idea to hold it.

So now they know who to blame for putting all the Universes at risk.

There's no way that doesn't come back to bite Universe 7 in the butt at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    No he isn't.

He's just being dumb and optimistic as usual. The problem is that those traits keep him from comprehending the scale of the actual threat Zen-Oh represents.

I really like this episode, it was fun and engaging all the way throughout. And I enjoyed the various designs for the God of Destruction. Seeing Buu fight is also a great treat.
    more like he's a accidental dick.