Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

They do an awkward job transitioning between scenes and characters. But it was about time U6 lost a fighter.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ribrianne is totally the real deal, what with fighting 17 to a standstill like that. And the yardrat, saving the girls and knocking out another fellow.
    Very Glad you saw that to as well Dark Soul # 7, Ribrianne was put up to the plate ~ put on the Spot by Toei to either have her stand-up or fall and Toei Delivered Big-time!

Ribrianne IMO and Rozie to, but mainly focused on Ribrianne here, she Proved she is a force in this Tournament in one in her own unique way. Looks are deceiving and behind her un-contemporary look stands a pillar of skill and power. This is Toriyama at his best.

Also the Yardrat Jimeze, his save of the Girls and their interaction to him was Right out of Sailor Moon, the Yardrat being like the character Tuxedo Mask. So I am expecting Toei maybe to go Further with this homage to Sailor Moon plot evolution and power scaling.

Sailor Moon gains Massive levels of power in upgraded forms; Super, Eternal, Princess, Angel, so I can see Ribrianne going this story course as well making her an interest force in the future of the ToP going forward depending on what Toei decides to do.

But as of Right now, I am Very Please with how she and others left on her team came threw in this Episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    h Botamo, you lasted longer than I thought you would. But you shoulda stayed with Magetta, you had a good thing going there.
    While I find Botamo an interesting charter, I am glad he got Ringed-Out the way he did by Gohan, it FINALLY put the Universe on an even scaling by them each having at least 1 or more out on their team, it makes this more interesting and lest dominating by one side.

We now need to see more of this, Especially on U7 side to add more urgency to the ToP.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-13-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I apologize for going a bit out of subject but i am sooooo excited for my debut super hero/tokusatsu novel (the very first coming from Greece) and i wanted to share this promotion art. My novel titled, My Scarlet Fighter... a story inspired from Spider-Man, Superman, Sailor Moon and Son-Goku, will start publication procedures in the following May!
    And we might get your way as well! Wish me luck!
    IMG_20170813_232931.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thank You Phelous...........NOW we Know This Adaptation Exists~!

You should see the Tree of Might with that dub. " Let that child alone"

Astonishing Member

So...a question. What happens if nothing is fixed and the erased universes remain erased?

It was nice to get a moment where a main character show sympathy over an erased verse. That's my one quibble with the arc so far, in that really no one else besides Gohan to this point has displayed that, when it should be weighing on pretty much all their minds to some degree (outside of course the evil fighters like Freiza). I get the self-preservation takes precedence but I've been waiting to see more characters display contempt and sadness at the erasures.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    So...a question. What happens if nothing is fixed and the erased universes remain erased?
    2 Major Things Happen:

1.) The Serious becomes Very Much Darker!

It is going to be hard to have characters move on, U7 would HAVE to be the Winners for this to happen but to know that they are one of 5 Universes Left knowing they where part of the ToP that left so many gone it would be Near Mountainous to try and have everyone look heroic again. Even if they ask Their Dragon to have them Forget everything that happen which they did with Majin Buu, Fans may never look at the serious the same way again, yea we can give reasons why it had to be done, but it will leave Darkness still over the Franchises.

Sometimes having consequences that stick is NOT a good way to evolve a Franchise.

2.) Toei just Wasted a Multiverse!

Toei has made a Dramatic Yet Brilliant move in Making a Multiverse for it's DB Franchise, Gaining New Characters, Themes, Adventures, Character Development, Interactions and Foes to Have!

The Level of Story Telling would fill Well over another 100+ Episodes and Way More! So for Toei to make so Many Characters, Many Interesting and having Deep Universal Purpose just to be Gone and that is it, Toei would have just wasted Gold in their Pockets to go back to the status quo.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-13-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It was nice to get a moment where a main character show sympathy over an erased verse. That's my one quibble with the arc so far, in that really no one else besides Gohan to this point has displayed that, when it should be weighing on pretty much all their minds to some degree (outside of course the evil fighters like Freiza). I get the self-preservation takes precedence but I've been waiting to see more characters display contempt and sadness at the erasures.
    Goku was clearly not happy when they actually pulled the plug on U9. Everyone else was too busy being outright horrified/terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    You should see the Tree of Might with that dub. " Let that child alone"
    I think Phelous has gotten allot of Requests to have the other Big Green's Get Reviewed by him, so I am certain he will get to those and put his own Funny Take on them! But if One day I feel like it yea, I will try to find the Origin to Hear all the WTF moments cause as with your example as well as I know MANY others likely in that movie, thier is more How the Heck does this Thing Exist?!

Also, I Seriously kept thinking Bulma was about to Turn into Harley Quinn!

I kept waiting for her to say "Mr. J"and Dance with the Joker with that Voice~~~~~~~~~~~HOLY COW!

Got to agree with CJStriker on this. It'd be a massive waste if the people erased didn't come back. The tournament has introduced a lot of new characters which are varying degrees of interesting. Getting rid of them so soon would be a misstep, I think.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Got to agree with CJStriker on this. It'd be a massive waste if the people erased didn't come back. The tournament has introduced a lot of new characters which are varying degrees of interesting. Getting rid of them so soon would be a misstep, I think.
    Thanks Hazard and Well Said Points!

In the end with Toei's decision to do a Multiverse, it really comes down to as the Saying Goes;

"You CAN'T Put the Genie Back in the Bottle"

Toei Made the BOLD and it was as Bold Move to Do this, now they have to run with it.

Their really is no story structure that could satisfy fans that would reverse a Multiverse really. This is now in the DNA of the Dragon Ball Franchises and it is Very Likely Toei will run with it after this Tournament is over, have the Verses back.

When you think about it really the ToP is just a BIG Intro to all these Verses and their Characters.

This way they can run with it to greater heights in the next arc.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I apologize for going a bit out of subject but i am sooooo excited for my debut super hero/tokusatsu novel (the very first coming from Greece) and i wanted to share this promotion art. My novel titled, My Scarlet Fighter... a story inspired from Spider-Man, Superman, Sailor Moon and Son-Goku, will start publication procedures in the following May!
    And we might get your way as well! Wish me luck!
    IMG_20170813_232931.jpg
    It is IMO Not Going Of the Thread at all, it is Showing how the DB Franchise and other Franchises have Influence Fans like you into doing something CREATIVE and Amazing with your Talents~~~~~It is INSPIRING!!!

Keep the Updates Coming IMO, This is Great Stuff and Congrats!

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Anyone still think Zamasu has the alt-Zeno possessed??
    Eh, not sure about that theory. The series and manga have to follow Toriyama's story points, but both are free to get there and fill in the blanks as they choose. Now that we got the manga version of the Future Trunks arc wrapped up, we saw that Zamasu did not merge with the universe and there isn't much of a reason to think Zamasu could hijack Zeno in that version; in other words, the exact details of how Zamasu became a threat were not important to Toriyama, only that the situation got out of control and warranted the deus ex machina.

Fantastic Member

poor Cus...she was soo sad

so far the tournament has been pretty light hearted and high octane...this last week was a much more quiet and somber episode.

Oh well Goku and Hit vs Dyspo and PT Fodder #5 next week
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.