Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

I doubt Super will end anytime soon due to it's popularity so it will be the preferred canon. Still there's never been an official declaration of canon. If you want to be a purist it's the manga. For many it's the anime then pick if you want to include Super or GT
    Don't forget that there is DB Super manga as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Don't forget that there is DB Super manga as well.
    The Super manga is based off of the same outlines that Toriyama makes for the Super anime.

My thoughts on why Goku's SSB form is been potrayed to be so weak currently

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Goku's new transformation looks really cool. I dig the silver eyes with the kind of cat-like pupils.

Kinda disappointed that the second Universe 4 hidden fighter is another of the bud dudes like the first one that was spoiled via the Toei data leak, but maybe the two of them will be more effective than I thought.

SOOO apparently U2 not only has a Yardrart...they have a Tuffle too....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    SOOO apparently U2 not only has a Yardrart...they have a Tuffle too....
    ANDDDDD THIS is Why Universe 2 keeps going UP in My Book, Keep them Coming Toei!

This is from My IPhone!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I hadn't seen the teases of the next transformation before now. The fact this next one has Goku with his normal black hair got me giddy wondering if they might be inching us toward a canon Super Saiyan 4. It was the only good thing about GT, I'd love to see Super utilize the idea that Goku needs to get his tail back (with perhaps a much better journey to get there this time around) for the next transformation. But first things first...maybe this will be called Super Saiyan Silver.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I'm way behind on commentary thanks to an insane month at work and home, but the last few episodes have been top tier. I really liked that 17 saved Goku from Rosie's attack, since he's got first-hand experience surviving Piccolo's Hell Zone Grenade from back in the Android arc. Also great that Piccolo uses the same attack to knock out his opponent. That shows that DBS is getting far away from my big complaint about DBZ, being that Power Level is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    I'm way behind on commentary thanks to an insane month at work and home, but the last few episodes have been top tier. I really liked that 17 saved Goku from Rosie's attack, since he's got first-hand experience surviving Piccolo's Hell Zone Grenade from back in the Android arc. Also great that Piccolo uses the same attack to knock out his opponent. That shows that DBS is getting far away from my big complaint about DBZ, being that Power Level is all that matters.
    I am In the same mindset with you, I feel the last few episodes have really been So of the Best; nice world and character building!

It makes one care about who is fighting in this cause without that you have fights with empty calories/no substance. I makes me care about these characters, espically the ones from other universes, wanting to see more of them and wanting this to be carried into the next arc.

I feel this might be on of the most important arcs that defines the Dragon Ball Franchise since the Saiyan/Frieza Arc in how it changes world of DB and Definition of!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

So Hit finally get's the chance to do something, and it's more him putting his intelligence on display, Dyspo is a very gifted fighter and honestly probably has more raw speed than anyone we've seen in the series but doesn't look to be that good of an actual fighter(Hit feinting once he knew how Dsypo read attacks was the most obvious thing in the world and Dyspo was clueless on what to do after), even if Dsypo gets the chance to rest one wonders how effective he'll be after a beating that savage(and his ass was toast twice without Kunshi, whose ability is one they'll likely sorely regret losing)

Now that Universe 11 is down to it's last 3 Toppo seems to have gotten the message that maybe they shouldn't be so caught up in justice and what not given that this is a fight for survival

Goku's technique of staying in Base SSJ God mode while jumping to Blue in short bursts is identical to what Vegeta used in the manga during his fight with Goku Black, regardless it was nice to see the fire aura again, still one of the cooler animated bits of any of the forms

And Champa being the kind of dirtbag to bring a Vuvuzela is both perfect and hilarious
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-19-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Question is Why has Goku Not done this in the past or has he done this in the past with the Switching thing, are their examples out their?!

If not how is this a think now, cause I am confused?!

For those that Like the Episode and Enjoyed it I am Happy you got what was hyped.

Honestly I found it 50/50 to say it best way I can, somewhat less, not my kind of episode. Allot of Talking about powers and how Dyspo powers work just seem to give away his advantage to Hit. Seem like more Posturing then anything else and it lead to Dyspo having problems.

I am really disspointed in the Pride Troopers, I like Toppo and he went up Allot of Points in my book after episode 102, but honestly he has nothing to be angry about expect for him and Jiren's lack of Action! I mean COME ON.............They are just Standing Their Doing NOTHING and Not Helping out their Teammates at all, I was just SO Mad at them for that, what the Hell are they doing?!

Honestly I have seen Exclllent teamwork in the last 2 episodes and after seeing this the only good teamwork was from Kunshi. If Toppo and Jiren has at least 1/2 of how Kunshi performed here then they might have been able to Gang Up on Hit and Goku and throw them out. Honestly I just don't get the Pride Troopers thought process to this anymore.

Honestly an Ok Episode but not my favorite, anyone that liked it good for you, me............Meh.

ALSO is it just me or did Kunshi Reminded me of Danny DeVito!?

The Next episode 105 I am NOT Looking forward too! They are making the Girl Magician into just a Sex Trope for Roshi............Uggghhhhh!!!!!! SMH.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Question is Why has Goku Not done this in the past or has he done this in the past with the Switching thing, are their examples out their?!

If not how is this a think now, cause I am confused?! :confused
    Well, he hasn't had a reason to do it in the anime before now. In the Manga, the stamina drain of Blue is *way* worse than in the anime. In fact, in the manga, Goku claimed that the only reason Vegeta had such as hard time against Hit during the U6 tournament was because he merely showed Blue to Cabba. So in the manga, the red/blue switch became a necessary fix Vegeta came up with to moderate the stamina loss.

That isn't needed in the anime version for most fights, but in this kind of lengthy battle royale, Goku is using the trick because he wants to conserve most of Blue's strength for the stronger fighters like Hit and Jiren.

Honestly I found it 50/50 to say it best way I can, somewhat less, not my kind of episode. Allot of Talking about powers and how Dyspo powers work just seem to give away his advantage to Hit. Seem like more Posturing then anything else and it lead to Dyspo having problems.
    Well, in this case Dyspo was not giving his advantage away. Hit was the one making the deductions, and Dyspo was simply impressed that he figured it out. His only explanation was about his ability to increase his speed in short bursts, which was already something Hit had deduced as well.

I am really disspointed in the Pride Troopers, I like Toppo and he went up Allot of Points in my book after episode 102, but honestly he has nothing to be angry about expect for him and Jiren's lack of Action! I mean COME ON.............They are just Standing Their Doing NOTHING and Not Helping out their Teammates at all, I was just SO Mad at them for that, what the Hell are they doing?!
    In universe they are obviously saving their energy for the final minutes, which I believe was stated by Toppo when he interrupted Goku's first chance to fight Jiren. However, it does make very little sense and come across as pure plot device that they would watch the fight so closely without action. Sure, they want Jiren fresh for the stronger opponents, but if Dyspo and Kunshi get Hit in a disadvantaged spot for just a second, would it really cost Jiren that much energy to warp in and blindside Hit out of the arena? But obviously they intend for Hit to get to the back half of the tournament.

ALSO is it just me or did Kunshi Reminded me of Danny DeVito!?
    Eh, not really. He kinda reminded me of Garlic Jr. but with different coloration.

The Next episode 105 I am NOT Looking forward too! They are making the Girl Magician into just a Sex Trope for Roshi............Uggghhhhh!!!!!! SMH.
    Yeah, I voiced my concern about this a few weeks ago too. Apparently the seduction thing will be an order from Quitella, so best case scenario is maybe its something she begrudgingly doing based on the info from Quitella's spying. Also, the spoilers didn't mention that multiple U4 people would be ganging up on Roshi. I think Ganos is the one who intercepts Goku, but Caway and Darkroi appear to be fighting Roshi. So I'm kinda hoping that Roshi's big moment is taking down Darkroi, but not Caway.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah, I voiced my concern about this a few weeks ago too. Apparently the seduction thing will be an order from Quitella, so best case scenario is maybe its something she begrudgingly doing based on the info from Quitella's spying. Also, the spoilers didn't mention that multiple U4 people would be ganging up on Roshi. I think Ganos is the one who intercepts Goku, but Caway and Darkroi appear to be fighting Roshi. So I'm kinda hoping that Roshi's big moment is taking down Darkroi, but not Caway.
    That was my theory as well as to the only reason why Caway would do such a move, so they a some context to it, but still.........

I am glad you voiced concern about it as well ~~~~~~~~~ I am Male, but I really am a Fan of the Female Characters more then any other in the series and honestly I just want to see them all do well and have respected moments in the episodes and showing what they can do. Yea they are not all at Goku's level but really who is anymore, only 2-3 might be by the end. That is why I LOVED the last 2 Episodes 102 & 103 and Liked Episode 100 and did not much care-fore this episode 104 cause of the Female Dynamics in each episode.

So I just hope that Caway can show to do much more they be a Trope Bun to go after Roshi's weakness. I want her to show really skill and powers even if just for one episode.

I want to See Cool, Powerful and New Female Heroes and Warriors Having and Doing Cool, Powerful and Respected Moments!

Last edited by CJStriker; 08-19-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I prefered the idea that SSG was a temporary form that helped the body get acclimated to God ki. Goku being able to activate whenever he wants, despite never having done so since his fight against Beerus, makes it less special and interesting. And it kinda puts the final nail in the coffin for the SSJ forms, why would he ever use any of them now.

A Hit focused episode was nice. Dyspo was more impressive that I thought he'd be, I figured he'd be more on par with like Cabba. I guess he kinda still is that, but his speed bursts allow him to take on stronger opponents. It did give him a momentary edge ove Hit after all, but once Hit adapted to it Dyspo was kinda hosed. So the episode managed to make both of them look compotent with a nice ebb and flow to the battle. Well done Toei.

Kunshi was fairly impressive for his short screen time. He had an effective and versatile ability. But man, the Pride Troopers have taken a major blow in trying to take down Universe 6 top tier fighters. Especially without their own. Jiren and Toppo really need to get in there already.

Next week is going to be a tricky one for Toei with how they portray the ladies of universe 4 and Roshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I prefered the idea that SSG was a temporary form that helped the body get acclimated to God ki. Goku being able to activate whenever he wants, despite never having done so since his fight against Beerus, makes it less special and interesting. And it kinda puts the final nail in the coffin for the SSJ forms, why would he ever use any of them now.
    Merchandising!

Seriously. Toriyama's original idea after BoG was to ditch all the other forms but regular SSJ. Super (especially the anime) clearly did not roll with that.

Kunshi was fairly impressive for his short screen time. He had an effective and versatile ability.
    He also took a blow that had previously one-shotted SSJB Goku and kept going.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile