Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The characters I'd be most interested in seeing brought in from other Dragon Ball media would be the Supreme Kai of Time from the Xenoverse games, she's a hoot, and Towa, because at this point she's pretty much the most recogniseable villainess that the franchise has so it would be nice to make her canon (even if it kinda screws up the timeline).

BANNED

I would love to see a DB Heroes anime. It has some pretty awesome moments such as SSJ-4 Gohan among other things.

Expect U4 to take a big hit this week me thinks
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Well, today is the day. We find out if my Waifu is just a joke for Roshi's training, or actually pretty cool.

She uses Beam Tridents, so at least there's that.

Also, looks like Goku fights Maji Kayo at some point in this episode, so Universe 3 is getting in on this episode too.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Well, today is the day. We find out if my Waifu is just a joke for Roshi's training, or actually pretty cool.

She uses Beam Tridents, so at least there's that.

Also, looks like Goku fights Maji Kayo at some point in this episode, so Universe 3 is getting in on this episode too.
    Surprise Universe 3 is making a Move, I thought it be Universe 4's Solo time to Shine, but I am pleasantly suprised by this.

Also like others have said, Maji Kayo Reminds me of the T-1000! I hope their are allot of References to Moments from the Terminator Movies with Maji Kayo!

ALSO I am GREATLY Hoping to that Caway is NOT so Sex Trope for Roshi either, I want Caway to Be Awesome, Beautiful Looking and Powerful!

Finally in those leaked Images, I Like Krillian but I JUST had to make this about that image, just to Funny! ;-)

And Every Fighter In the ToP, as they say ~~~ that the Krillian's Small Head and Teeth Grew THREE-SIZES That Day!

And then - the True Meaning of The ToP came through, and the Krillian found the Cringing Face Strength of TEN Krillian's Cringing, Plus-Two! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Did Beerus smack Turillin for his insubordination?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Did Beerus smack Turillin for his insubordination?
    He Looks Like Bart Simpson with his Grandpa's Teeth, LOL! :-p

Or the Turtle with Grandpa's Teeth!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

New chapter of the DBS manga is out now. It's the start of the Universal Survival arc, the manga version that is. The main addition is that SSB Vegeta has a quick sparring match with Beerus (Vegeta gets stomped once Beerus gets serious). Otherwise it goes over a lot of the same beats as the manga.

My only issue with it is that in the manga rendition of the scene where Goku brings out his quick-dial button to Zen-Oh, a lot of the tension that the scene had in the anime is just gone in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New chapter of the DBS manga is out now. It's the start of the Universal Survival arc, the manga version that is. The main addition is that SSB Vegeta has a quick sparring match with Beerus (Vegeta gets stomped once Beerus gets serious). Otherwise it goes over a lot of the same beats as the manga.

My only issue with it is that in the manga rendition of the scene where Goku brings out his quick-dial button to Zen-Oh, a lot of the tension that the scene had in the anime is just gone in the manga.
    I agree. The scene where Beerus kinda-sorta threatens to Hakai Goku in the anime really hit home the idea that a light hearted friendship with the King of All was a risky thing, taken fully serious even by a god of destruction.

Uh, disappointing.

I'm all for Roshi getting his time to shine, but that was pretty meh. Well, at least one required use of Mafuba. We'll see what the second half has in store.

Yeah, not feeling so hot about this episode. Had some good bits, but I didn't like so many U4 guys losing to make Roshi look good.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Fantastic Member

HAHAHAHA So how aren't all these people jobbers, when by tournament time, Roshi took down 3 in under 2 minutes??

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah, not feeling so hot about this episode. Had some good bits, but I didn't like so many U4 guys losing to make Roshi look good.
    There was no effort put into making it seem like Roshi was using tournament rules, smarts, or experience to leverage against the more powerful fighters. Even before Ganos' final power up, Roshi flat out admits that Ganos is both faster and stronger than him, but his experience is making up for it. But that isn't really demonstrated, it just comes across as if Roshi is stronger and faster.

The episode was less giving Roshi time to shine and more about sucking his dick.

I could have skipped this episode as much as I like nostalgic characters doing nostalgic moves(dedicating an entire episode to just one was a mistake, let Piccolo and Tien do something to if we're doomed to this being nothing but the Uni 7 show), but it is basically the nail in the coffin for universe 4 who are now down 6 members, including the one I thought would be the core member in Ganos, everyone else on the team has a mookish design(though I knew Ganos was done the second he pulled a Zarbon). Master Roshi having been ringed out would have gone a long way to making it more believable. Honestly Universe 7 desperately needs another member ringed out as right now as there's zero tension right now.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-26-2017 at 07:29 PM.

I am Disappointed the Next Episode will NOT be the Bug Twins from U4 being the mystery fighters, I had high hopes that would be them, well we will see how the 2 Big Shadow Warriors Do From My Favorite Universe 2!

I also Believe Tien while have a moment to Shine, but it might be his time to Ringing-Out in this Episode coming up.