Page 6 of 140 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

..yeah, there's no way goku leaves this arc alive. The target on his back is ridiculous now. Also, there's something up with future zen oh. Somwthing off..

So this is the Super thread now?

Cool.

Grand Priest: By the way, this guy was the one who came up with the idea that's going to put all your universes at risk. Here, I'm going to let him talk so you can all memorize his face.

In front of Captain Alien Lantern to boot.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So this is the Super thread now?

Cool.

Grand Priest: By the way, this guy was the one who came up with the idea that's going to put all your universes at risk. Here, I'm going to let him talk so you can all memorize his face.

In front of Captain Alien Lantern to boot.
    something tells me goku is gonna get a lot of dick kicks when this is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    something tells me goku is gonna get a lot of dick kicks when this is ok.
    The power level of his fourth child will be maximum.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member

We got a solid fight between Buu and Basil this week. Basil got to show off that universe 9 isn't to be underestimated and Buu got to be serious against an evenly matched opponent. Very nice, especially the exchange after Basil powered up. Also nice to see Satan play a part in it.

The grand Kai of universe 9 is kinda blood thirsty and loud.

Next up is Gohan against a rather creepy sounding opponent. Now this fight I'm a bit worried about, since it's pretty traditional for the heroes to lose at least one fight when it comes to three part tournament fights.

Fem Broly....sooon!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Nice to see Fem Broly has a normal SSJ form.

Really glad Buu finally got to show off. It's nice for the show to remember he's actually really really strong.

As an aside, the fruit reminded me of the Tree of Might. Wonder if we'll see other movie concepts used.

Oh and, the superhero team has a name now, Pride Troopers. Their leader is the mustache alien and has apparently been offered the job of God of Destruction.

I love the voice acting here. Goku's voice dropped down to Goku Black levels when he was was talking about how excited he was to see so many powerful beings gathered together, almost as if he forgot that he doomed an infinite x 11 amount of lives. The lack of responsibility is jarring on his part, and it has Beerus scared. I am glued for this arc.

And yet, of all people, Mr. Satan provides the nice contrast to Goku's growing darkness. The shallow gloryhound showed the most amount of concern, and it was for his friend, Buu. As awesome a fighter Buu is, I almost want to give The Champ the MVP for these past two episodes. (P.S. I'm trying to imagine his life from his perspective so far -- from entertainer to charlatan to firsthand witness to a universal crisis to firsthand witness to a multiversal tournament [and then, what'll he do if/when he finds out that it's the largest crisis the multiverse has ever had?])

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I love the voice acting here. Goku's voice dropped down to Goku Black levels when he was was talking about how excited he was to see so many powerful beings gathered together, almost as if he forgot that he doomed an infinite x 11 amount of lives. The lack of responsibility is jarring on his part, and it has Beerus scared. I am glued for this arc.

And yet, of all people, Mr. Satan provides the nice contrast to Goku's growing darkness. The shallow gloryhound showed the most amount of concern, and it was for his friend, Buu. As awesome a fighter Buu is, I almost want to give The Champ the MVP for these past two episodes. (P.S. I'm trying to imagine his life from his perspective so far -- from entertainer to charlatan to firsthand witness to a universal crisis to firsthand witness to a multiversal tournament [and then, what'll he do if/when he finds out that it's the largest crisis the multiverse has ever had?])
    it's interesting to watch goku slide to a darker portrayal here. i mean, he didn't seem all that bothered when it was revealed that the rules are such that the only way match ends if one person can't fight anymore (I.E. until someone potentially gets killed) or until the zenos are satisfied with the fight.

and watching satan and buu together just........warms my heart.

Fantastic Member

Turns out Goku's idea might have saved Universe 7 from assured destruction. Zen-O was going to erase several universes (one of them is universe 7) anyways, so Goku's idea just gave his universe a fighting chance.

Okay so, lots of stuff revealed this episode.

-The universes have been ranked according to the quality of their mortals (not explicitly stated whether it is a power level thing or a civilization score).
    -Universe 9 and 7 are the lowest.
    -The top four universes are exempt from the tournament.
    -This means the tournament is an excuse to get rid of the shitty universes.
    -The gods will be destroyed alongside their universes. The angels are safe though.
    -This whole thing makes Grand Priest look shady as ****.
    -Also, Zamazu was right!

I wonder how 17 and 18 fit in all of this. Is Whis going to taxi them to the tournament? My memory is ultra foggy on how they arrived there to begin with. Either way, I'm looking forward to them the most. 18 doesn't deserve to be house wifed, especially to the extent in which she is in and seeing 17 back is just an awesome thought. Progressing his story in show is a dream come true.

Hearing the reasoning for the tournament was a nice surprise, and although I don't really care about these fox fellows seeing Gohan back in battle just felt sooo right.

Also the animation is pretty solid now, and I like the direction with the thick bolded outlines for certain features. Now how they move is still wonky in places but they're going in a good direction. Hope it does go back to pre-tourny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    -This means the tournament is an excuse to get rid of the shitty universes.
    I do like that there's not any actual problem with there being 12 universes. It's just Zen-Oh going: "You know what, 12 is a bit too many. I should deal with that at some point during the next millenia or so."

He's a terrifying little brat.

Gohan didn't get his big win this week, but this feels more natural considering his arc this far in Super.

Astonishing Member

My main gripe with Super at this point is Goku getting dangerously close to reaching Peter Griffin levels of obnoxiousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I wonder how 17 and 18 fit in all of this. Is Whis going to taxi them to the tournament? My memory is ultra foggy on how they arrived there to begin with. Either way, I'm looking forward to them the most. 18 doesn't deserve to be house wifed, especially to the extent in which she is in and seeing 17 back is just an awesome thought. Progressing his story in show is a dream come true.
    I don't know about 18, but 17 is a park ranger, which means that he's under the command of Superintendent Ron Swanson, and thus adheres to the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness.

#17 powerup confirmed!