Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Zen-Oh really needs to eat poisoned noodles. I really hate that overpowered twerp.

Extraordinary Member

So Gohan wins the fight but takes a draw on a technicality.

Super is doing a good job of building face heat for Gohan.

Vince would be proud.

What I like about this is that there are actual consequences to the gods doing their job properly.

Gods of Destruction destroy useless planets and civilizations. Kais create planets and guide mortals. In universe 7's case, Buu destroys all the Supreme Kais leaving a total noob on the job, and Beerus was asleep all the time, didn't care about which planet he blew up, and let Frieza ran rampant all over the Galaxy.

It also means Zamazu wasn't completely wrong about gods needing to be more hands-on.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't know about 18, but 17 is a park ranger, which means that he's under the command of Superintendent Ron Swanson, and thus adheres to the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness.

#17 powerup confirmed!
    Ron Swanson, LOL. Yea, I heard in the manga there was small glimpse into his life showing that he has the classic Japanese wife and kid package and is also a park ranger. Not sure I want to see him with a buzz cut or an american flag ascot though, .

All the better that they are saved up, we all know these beginning matches show case the weakest of the opposition against the stronger protagonist.

Stillness: Don't waste energy moving unless necessary.
    That's under category 7 of the Pyramid of Greatness, but it's also Mr. Popo's influential lesson to Kid Goku. The pyramid works!

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I must admit I am disappointed that Dragon Ball Super is not set in the same time period as GT; that way they could have written that GT was nightmare Goku was having because he ate too much radishes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Turns out Goku's idea might have saved Universe 7 from assured destruction. Zen-O was going to erase several universes (one of them is universe 7) anyways, so Goku's idea just gave his universe a fighting chance.
    Goku actually gave the Universe's a fighting chance - although he did it inadvertently. I'm starting to think that Zen-O will be the ultimate bad. Beerus has been spot on about Zen-O.

Also Gohan did a good job. They are doing a natural build to him getting better and recovering his final glory. His scene with Goku was awesome after the fight was a draw. Such strong characterization for characters that have been around for close to if not more than 30 years.

Vegeta refusing to leave his wife during the pregnancy...now that was touching and strong character development. Super is just so awesome right now. I love it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    I'm starting to think that Zen-O will be the ultimate bad. Beerus has been spot on about Zen-O.
    I think it is too early to say that. We do not know enough what the position "king of all" entitles. Maybe his function is to cull out weak universes?
    Last edited by kane; 02-27-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Yeah, for what little we know, he's more like a force of nature. Though, children with tempers are also forces of nature, too. doesn't mean they're evil, they just do their thing.

The Grand Priest, however...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, for what little we know, he's more like a force of nature. Though, children with tempers are also forces of nature, too. doesn't mean they're evil, they just do their thing.

The Grand Priest, however...
    I would not be surprised. Perhaps he is subtly manipulating Zen-O?

Do you all think Goku will survive this arc, and also, is this the final arc of Dragon Ball Super?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Zen-Oh really needs to eat poisoned noodles. I really hate that overpowered twerp.
    Strangely he/they are hilariously adorable to me, and I am someone that doesn't buy into the certain manufactured cuteness of anime. It might be the voice actor or something, Idk.

I don't think he/they will be the big bad, because even though it is DBZ and there will always be someone more powerful, he is the power. I'm sure Zen can completely rock anyone he deems unworthy by Scarlett Witching their lives, just for fun. So, not sure how any Z fighters would go against him/them.

Wait, can the super dragon balls counter Zen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    I would not be surprised. Perhaps he is subtly manipulating Zen-O?

Do you all think Goku will survive this arc, and also, is this the final arc of Dragon Ball Super?
    Well, given the fact that the entirety of DBS so far takes place between the death of Kid Buu and that Tournament were we meet Uub, then we can safely say that Goku will pull it though. Even if he dies, he will definitely return later.
    As for the second question, there are strong rumours that the anime will indeed get more arcs past the Universal Tournament. It has a pretty strong dynamic that cannot be easily by passed.

Extraordinary Member

Even if Zen-Oh was going to destroy the universes anyway, Goku is still recklessly playing with forces he doesn't understand. And rewatching the new opening, it looks to me like they're hinting at a darker/evil Goku. When he does the kaioken during the fight at the end of the opening his face is covered in black, but or a brief moment the right side (from our point of view) of his face is visible with an evil looking grin.

Pause at 1:15

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Even if Zen-Oh was going to destroy the universes anyway, Goku is still recklessly playing with forces he doesn't understand. And rewatching the new opening, it looks to me like they're hinting at a darker/evil Goku. When he does the kaioken during the fight at the end of the opening his face is covered in black, but or a brief moment the right side (from our point of view) of his face is visible with an evil looking grin.

Pause at 1:15

Yea I noticed this, but if this were so how would his turning occur? If it's within the tournament then the "rules" are even more messed up than they already are. Plus who's going to take him down if it isn't Zen, a god, or an angel? Plus I don't think Goku Black is that long ago, that they'll use the same imagery so soon. There are quite a few parts of the opening that raise interesting questions though, so I can entertain this.

BANNED

A Superior Goku? I am 100% excited for that! But with all humour aside, i don't think that it will take such a turn. This arc appears to be for fan sevicing purposes and it would be extremely controversial, even for DB standards.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 02-28-2017 at 01:01 PM.