Page 90 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2094

I'm so happy with this saga....

I was always a fan of the show, specially the Androids. In particular 18. For her to be back in the action kicking butt bring me 20 years ago when they were first introduced and I was just a teenager. Always liked her cool, snarky and snob character traits when she was a villain and she evolved so much! Her love for Krillin, her daughter and brother. Loving how she and 17 are now heroes but still are bad-asses doing their own thing together! They are very elegant and quick fighters.

And she rocks the pink track suit.

Keep them coming!

For a one-off episode, some big things happened in this one.

spoilers:
    You fought well, Green Dad.
    end of spoilers

And...

spoilers:
    Bye, Universe 4. You were complete trash.
    end of spoilers

Man Universe 4 is the most and nothing of value was lost since Universe 9

Universe 3 going Voltron might be good, but I'm guessing they'll be gone in short order as well leaving the 11 vs 7 showdown

How did Quitela go down you might ask?
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-09-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Spectacular Member

Technically, this is a "decent" episode which focus on skills, strategy a lot. Almost every one remaining got involved in some ways.

I would dispute it's placing in the Tournament. Outside of ringing out Piccolo, they just weren't that much of a threat. I would have place U4's erasure sometime before the first Goku-Jiren's fight or maybe after Ep105 where Roshi took out most of their members.

I sort of don't understand their tactics either since they still have 3 fighters left and can wait for U3, U11 and U7 to whittle each other out first.

I did like that Piccolo, Gohan, 17 and Goku all use strategy in this episode to ring out U4's fighter. And while I'll mourn Katopesla being ringed out, he did pretty well against Vegeta even showing his Ultimate mode. (That is, not being instantaneously crushed)

And while Piccolo DID drop out , it wasn't an accident like what was implied in episode spolier scans, Piccolo more or less mis read the situation having surmise that Damon was another Invisible Man like the one he just knocked off and unlike other poster who said that he should have stretched his arm to grab the ledge, when I watched it, he was hit in the back and surprised so in that position, I would say that he couldn't react in time and couldn't see where to stretch his arm out to.

Next up is the Megazord... I'm not sure how entertaining this is going to be... part of me just wish that it would be over already since it's more or less clear that it's U7 vs U11 and everyone else is just going to line up and take a crack at U7. I'm pretty sure the manga wouldn't do this since it doesn't have the pages to elaborate on this so in the manga version, the other Universe outside U6, U7, U2 and U11 will probably eliminate themselves mostly to create the battle royale feel.

Extraordinary Member

U4 DoD: WHY DIDN'T YOU DODGE!!!!
    *get erased from existence*

Man, I would so love to see the Team SaiyAndroid vs. the last three of the Pride Troopers in one big battle.

(Frieza ain't gonna do **** until he can see an advantage for himself)

Extraordinary Member

Frieza better watch out. He's the last bald member of U7 not to be eliminated.

Extraordinary Member

This was a rather unceremonious episode.

Like, Piccolo is taken out and not a big deal is made of it. And the same can be said for the last three fighters from universe 4. They do their gimmicks and then they go out. Then universe 4 is erased with Quitela having the least dignified reaction of any god of destruction that's been erased thus far.

It feels especially lacklustre after last week's phenomal episode. Just weird placement in the story I guess.

It was nice to see universe 7 use solid team work and clever thinking to win the day. But now they're down to six fighters. I think that still puts them in the lead since Katopesla got taken out as well (he did surprisingly well against SSJ Vegeta).

I wonder if universe 3 will take out anybody before they get erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Like, Piccolo is taken out and not a big deal is made of it. And the same can be said for the last three fighters from universe 4. They do their gimmicks and then they go out. Then universe 4 is erased with Quitela having the least dignified reaction of any god of destruction that's been erased thus far.

It feels especially lacklustre after last week's phenomal episode. Just weird placement in the story I guess.

It was nice to see universe 7 use solid team work and clever thinking to win the day. But now they're down to six fighters. I think that still puts them in the lead since Katopesla got taken out as well (he did surprisingly well against SSJ Vegeta).

From the previews, looks like Gohan will have his hands full.

But for a "Battle Royal" kind of tournament, it really wasn't except for the first few episodes. If anything, its been more of an Iron Man Match, where different people/teams keep getting thrown at U7, whittling them down bit by bit. While there were some pretty cool matches, I hope Toyotaro makes the manga version an ACTUAL Battle Royal, with far less U7 wanking.

And, why was Tien there? Sure, he got like, 2 knock outs, but even leading up to that, he was so badly under used, they would have been better off with getting Future Trunks back and having him help out.

And that's coming from someone that's pretty "meh" on Tien overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Man, I would so love to see the Team SaiyAndroid vs. the last three of the Pride Troopers in one big battle.

Agree! I hope the Droids get to stick around after they al eliminate universe 3 together. At least 18.

But I get a feeling universe 3 will kick 17 out and then they will be eliminated by 7.

Then we'll have Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Frieza and 18 to fight 11. They will eventually eliminate mustachio or the rabbit.
    Then surely 18 will be eliminated first in a "girl in distress" mode, leaving the big 4 to fight Jiren.

We're down to 14 fighters in the tournament.

U3 - 5 fighters
    U7 - 6 fighters
    U11 - 3 fighters

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

They gave our guys too much of an advantage, but I assume we'll soon see them go down to 3 as well. Can't say I blame them. Our guys have too many likeable characters and fans would riot if 18, 17, Freeza, Vegeta and Gohan got eliminated too quick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I would hope the Manga would have better pacing.

You can tell that the anime writers have been told to step on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

I agree he won't do anything till he has the advantage and I am thinking he gets the win by knocking off whoever beats Goku at the end. Freeza can take him out and wish himself to be the ruler of one of the universes that did not fight in the tournament.

Some random thoughts.

* Goku has been running on an actual plan since the Spirit Bomb. He has realized that his body knows how to activate Ultra Instinct, so he has been trying to trick it into going into the form again. That is why he has still fought. It is easier for his body to enter the "dodge or die" when he is running on the equivalent of fumes. Which was the entire reason he challenged Caulifa and Kale. My theory is that Goku is hoping that if he can trigger Ultra Instinct another time or two and figure out how to activate it on purpose. So when the fight comes back around to Jiren, he can activate Ultra Instinct while still having power. The other half of Goku's plan is something that has not been too big a factor since Namek. Namely, the Saiyan Zenkai. I think Goku's figured out the actual point where that ability kicks in, and has been trying his best to stick in that zone since Frieza restored his power. Goku's weirdly fluctuating power, with the bursts of the higher levels, is because the Zenkai is constantly boosting his stats, and Goku's base stats are high enough the increase can pop him back up to normal levels for a moment. So his actions have two purposes. One, fully unlock Ultra Instinct so he can counter Jiren's speed, and two, boost his power enough that he can counter Jiren's raw power.

(I initially thought it might have been a weird synergy with fighting the other Saiyans, where there is actually a previously unknown powering boost when two super saiyans fight that no one has had a chance to record before, but the constant Zenkai makes a bit more sense)

* Super Saiyan is happening easier because Goku and Vegeta have reached that level. The other Saiyans now, all of which know how to detect energy, actually have an example of Super Saiyan energy to try and mimic and achieve Super Saiyan. Goku and Vegeta forged the path, and now others can more easily follow them.

* The first major non-Goku hit on Jiren will be the Androids, immediately after the first major dust-up of the finale. Why? No detectable energy levels. If anyone can sneak up and get a good clean strike on Jiren, it will be them. Provided that there is a lightshow and a distraction beforehand.

* Frieza has a hidden trump that has been dictating his actions. He has been picking off weaker opponents, and letting the rest of Universe 7 do the majority of the work. This is for 3 reasons:
    1. He's Emperor Frieza. Let the peons soften everyone else up.
    2. Pacing - Frieza is aiming for MVP, so he wants to appear more impressive by finishing off opponents his "allies" cannot, while upping his statistics by wiping out some of the weaker fodder.
    3. His trump is 'delicate', so he needs to avoid major battle until he can deploy it.
    What is Frieza's trump? He kept a bit of that destruction energy from the assassination attempt, and has been cultivating it since. So he has the ki equivalent of anti-matter to drop on Jiren or Goku, whoever wins. The problem is that if loses control of it, then it will become obvious what is going on. Also, he might have been waiting until most of the Universes are gone so that the God of Destruction he "stole" it from cannot protest.

I also predict that Frieza's going end up with most of his body destroyed again, but still holding on to the arena, counting as a living body for the final tallies.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight