Smile The Belfry Prisoners in 'Tec (Spoilers from Detective Rebirth)

Who looks after them when the Bat Team are off doing their daily chores or crime-fighting?

Does Alfred pop-in between his other duties to wash their bed-sheets and feed them cucumber sandwiches?

Why has no one apparently noticed Jacob is missing? Did Kate tell her step-mother and Jacob's friends that he's off on vacation? Or are his crimes public knowledge?

Will we ever see Kate's step-mother in her new solo? Wonder how the conversation went down, "Hi step-mom, I beat-up Dad and let my cousin imprison him in a secret base because he killed Red Robin...how was your day?"

Just some thoughts.

Discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Who looks after them when the Bat Team are off doing their daily chores or crime-fighting?
    I don't think they actually need anyone there to look after them.

Why has no one apparently noticed Jacob is missing? Did Kate tell her step-mother and Jacob's friends that he's off on vacation? Or are his crimes public knowledge?
    Jacob's involvement is likely not public knowledge, since that would mean Bruce and Kate getting hounded relentlessly by the press once it got out. That's one reason why keeping Jacob in the Belfry was a smart idea.

As for where everyone else thinks he is: the Colony went rogue and their lead command craft was seen teleporting from the area to an unknown location. That's probably where everyone else thinks he is.

Will we ever see Kate's step-mother in her new solo? Wonder how the conversation went down, "Hi step-mom, I beat-up Dad and let my cousin imprison him in a secret base because he killed Red Robin...how was your day?"
    I know you're being sarcastic here, but if Kate did tell Catherine the truth, that's probably not too far off the mark.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-04-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't think they actually need anyone there to look after them.

Jacob's involvement is likely not public knowledge, since that would mean Bruce and Kate getting hounded relentlessly by the press once it got out. That's one reason why keeping Jacob in the Belfry was a smart idea.

But someone would need to take care of them to some extent. You can't just toss people into cells and ignore them. They need meals, basic hygiene access like showers and clean clothes, somewhere to exercise, and something to stimulate their minds (books at least).

Okay, I can see them wanting to keep things quiet to avoid a big family scandal, but it bothers me that the situation with the rest of Kate's family hasn't been addressed. Hopefully some of it will be addressed in the new solo.

In the original Batwoman solo Catherine was getting involved in the support stuff, mostly to help Jacob train Bette, but she wasn't ignorant to the whole vigilante thing going on in the family. She tells Jacob to never lie to her again, and expresses concern that he was going to get Kate and Bette killed. Now she's been mentioned twice but otherwise doesn't exist (Jacob doesn't ask Kate how his wife is doing, pff).

And Bette and 'Alice' are also on a bus for now.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Robots!!!!!!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    But someone would need to take care of them to some extent. You can't just toss people into cells and ignore them. They need meals, basic hygiene access like showers and clean clothes, somewhere to exercise, and something to stimulate their minds (books at least).
    All that can happen without someone being there during the day. Automated food and clothes dispensing systems, and they have plenty of room in their cells to excercise. They don't absolutely need showers, but even then those might extend from the wall for all we know.

Okay, I can see them wanting to keep things quiet to avoid a big family scandal, but it bothers me that the situation with the rest of Kate's family hasn't been addressed. Hopefully some of it will be addressed in the new solo.

In the original Batwoman solo Catherine was getting involved in the support stuff, mostly to help Jacob train Bette, but she wasn't ignorant to the whole vigilante thing going on in the family. She tells Jacob to never lie to her again, and expresses concern that he was going to get Kate and Bette killed. Now she's been mentioned twice but otherwise doesn't exist (Jacob doesn't ask Kate how his wife is doing, pff).

And Bette and 'Alice' are also on a bus for now.
    All that stuff isn't that important right now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

All that can happen without someone being there during the day. Automated food and clothes dispensing systems, and they have plenty of room in their cells to excercise. They don't absolutely need showers, but even then those might extend from the wall for all we know.

All that stuff isn't that important right now.
    I still say ROBOTS!

But I'm confused - what do you mean by "not important right now"? I mean, sure, they weren't main characters, but it does stretch credulity a bit.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But I'm confused - what do you mean by "not important right now"? I mean, sure, they weren't main characters, but it does stretch credulity a bit.
    Catherine and Alice aren't really that important to the current goings-on on 'Tec. We don't need to know what's up with them, because there are plenty of reasons why they haven't shown up yet that we can pick from until the real reason is revealed.

Catherine either knows where Jacob is or just assumes he's away on some kind of mission. I doubt him going away for months at a time is terribly odd, given his line of work, even without calling.

And we have absolutely no idea where Alice is. Back in therapy? On the loose? Living with Catherine? Doesn't matter at the moment. Same with Bette. Tynion hasn't forgotten they exist, he just knows that they're all superfluous as anything other than references right now, based on the story he's telling.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-04-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Catherine and Alice aren't really that important to the current goings-on on 'Tec. We don't need to know what's up with them, because there are plenty of reasons why they haven't shown up yet that we can pick from until the real reason is revealed.

Catherine either knows where Jacob is or just assumes he's away on some kind of mission. I doubt him going away for months at a time is terribly odd, given his line of work, even without calling.

And we have absolutely no idea where Alice is. Back in therapy? On the loose? Living with Catherine? Doesn't matter at the moment. Same with Bette. Tynion hasn't forgotten they exist, he just knows that they're all superfluous as anything other than references right now, based on the story he's telling.
    Ah, I see. Well, hopefully the solo will make them non-superfluous soon!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Robots!!!!!!
    All that can happen without someone being there during the day. Automated food and clothes dispensing systems, and they have plenty of room in their cells to excercise.
    Oh man, that just made picture them having to put up with C3PO ripoffs all day, Bruce is cruel!

They don't absolutely need showers, but even then those might extend from the wall for all we know.
    Ah, we get to the truth of why Kate was refusing to speak to her father.

I can't believe I didn't realize Batman had his own Pipeline, complete with the same issues and questions that arise from it's existence, until now .