Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Riverdale (CW) *Spoilers*

is nobody here watching this show? i saw no topics for it and the first two episodes have already aired(they even replayed them tonight)

I think it's pretty weak so far and in my opinion they gotta step it up big time soon because A Generic High School Drama with A Murder Mystery Slapped on it isn't gonna attract many viewers

it's just a desperate attempt at reminding people archie comics still exist

I watch it and am just dumbfounded at how they adapted the characters. Granted, I have only read Waid's run of it, but holy ****, it's like watching Skins or some ****. I actually don't know if I like it or not. It just creeps me out with some of it's themes. Camila Mendes is very beautiful, so I think that's why I watch for the most part lol
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I watch it and am just dumbfounded at how they adapted the characters. Granted, I have only read Waid's run of it, but holy ****, it's like watching Skins or some ****. I actually don't know if I like it or not. It just creeps me out with some of it's themes. Camila Mendes is very beautiful, so I think that's why I watch for the most part lol
    yeah my mother honestly can't stand it so I'm probably on my own watching this in my room

but this show has to really step up for the third episode because i won't continue watching A Show that doens't bother trying to utilize the archie characters to their full potential

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I read that Sabrina will be on the show. I'll watch an episode when she shows up.

BANNED

Since the season is only 13 episodes long i doubt Sabrina will show up anytime soon

Sabrina the Teenage Witch could be stopping by “Riverdale” sooner than we think, TheWrap has learned.
    Amid speculation that the comic book character could be part of an expanded Archie universe on The CW, showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    hinted that she could turn up as early as this season.
    “We could [see her in Season 1],” Aguirre-Sacasa told TheWrap. “As I say, never say never, but it’s certainly within the realm of possibility.”

http://www.thewrap.com/sabrina-teena...son-exclusive/

BANNED

it's best to discuss what's on the table right now instead of hoping sabrina's there

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sabrina is my favorite Archie character. I grew up watching her sitcom and liked her animated series. She's the character that would get me to watch.

Astonishing Member

I've got a few of theories as to the Jason murder mystery.

1) It was a cry for attention from Cheryl and Jason that went horribly wrong. Cheryl knew that Jason's time of death wasn't what she had said it was, nor had she made any effort to correct the assumption by everyone else on the subject. Not sure where the gun fits into this, but it's plausible. I'm guessing that ordinarily the twins didn't have a great relationship with their parents, and one disappearing would certainly make them more attentive to the other. After all, what we see of them together shows them being eerily close even for twins. At the pep rally in episode 2 Cheryl breaks down (although it could partially be attributed to seeing Jason in Archie as he ran on to the field, a redhead in the same position on the team), saying Jason was supposed to be there, suggesting that would have been --when he was supposed to reveal he was actually alive, something clearly scuppered by the fact he was found as a water-logged corpse. Alternatively it could just be the grief hitting home and Cheryl finally processing he was dead.

2) There's an outside, or yet to be introduced party at play. A kidnapping of Jason, blackmailing Cheryl for money or her silence (I'm leaning closer to the latter) with the threat of ending Jason's life. That would explain the gunshot. It's not ruled out thus far, since we've only seen Cheryl through the perspectives of the other characters, who view her as the Alpha Bitch trope. Only two episodes have aired so far, with at least eight to go. Other characters will be introduced, who may have a link to the murder.

3) It'll be linked into the shared history between the parents that's developing and being hinted at. Riverdale is being built up as a town with secrets. We've seen hints of this, like Fred's past with Hermione (Veronica's mother) and the general behavior of Betty's mother that takes My Beloved Smother to a whole new level.

I can't see Cheryl being the murderer, because it's too early at this point in this genre of story. She doesn't know more than she's letting on, although if she'll spill all the beans or drip feed enough to keep the investigation going is something we'll have to wait to see.

The main weak link with the murder storyline is that we have no emotional investment in Jason. Apart from jock, we don't know much of what he was like in life, there aren't that many flashbacks to interactions the characters have had with him (also a good way of seeding hints towards the big mystery). The only person who visibly affected is his twin sister. I know two months have passed, but the first day back at school should be jogging more memories and thoughts than what was shown.

This show, from the first two episodes, is strange and wonderful and at times legit hilarious. It's taking these characters in darker directions without being too cynical or ironic about it--they're still recognizably Betty and Archie and Veronica and Jughead. They're just a little more complicated.

I feel like Reggie needs to be at least as prominent as Cheryl, though. Hopefully at some point he gets to engineer whatever the CWverse version is of a ridiculous scheme to embarrass Archie that blows up in his face (in this show, there could be a literal explosion, with shrapnel wounds.)

So, I never read Archie comics, people don't even know what's that where I live, but I really liked the show. Some people say it's cringe and all that, but I think it's really well done for a teen show. I feel like it knows that it's cliche and it plays a bit with it, the tone is on point and the mystery is actually pretty interesting, and so are the characters(except Archie and the teacher, that storyline is legit awful). I really didn't thought I would like these 2 episodes as much as I did, I was expecting much less.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This show is like watching a fire burn a dead corpse that's being violated while it is on fire.

Or in layman's terms, not good.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Ultimate Member

The initial problem with the show is that if you changed the town's name and the characters names to anything else you would lose absolutely nothing, the names and such are just being used to draw people in...after that all bets are off...it's trashing the comic imho...

It's certainly interesting as an entity.

Betty's mother/Archie's father along with the way the show fits into the larger "Pop Culture" picture, along with the WB/CW nods, seem lost on the show's more obvious audience age-wise.

That's before you even get into the title of each of the episodes.

Let alone that one of the obvious shows that used this formula didn't get too many seasons out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The initial problem with the show is that if you changed the town's name and the characters names to anything else you would lose absolutely nothing, the names and such are just being used to draw people in...after that all bets are off...it's trashing the comic imho...
    i agree but clearly The CW And Archie Comics want this to be a huge success because The CW Keeps hyping it out the ass and archie comics has put advertisements for this show on all their comics even the sonic comics!