Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Fred Andrews and F.P. Jones seem nice enough.
    They're nice... sure... F.P. is a gang member who has been in and out of jail... Fred slept with his business partner --the wife of a gangster-- who he's now all chummy with... but you're right, in that Fred is the best of them...lol

Alice has mellowed down a lot.

How tragic that the non-Josie Pussycats have been reduced to wallpaper or don't even appear on the show now. Necessary evils of a large ensemble show I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So at this point are Toni and Cheryl a couple? Or just good friends because they're both LGBT? I'd assume the former but...
    More like in the infancy of their relationship, according to this: https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-...w-cheryl-toni/

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    They're nice... sure... F.P. is a gang member who has been in and out of jail... Fred slept with his business partner --the wife of a gangster-- who he's now all chummy with... but you're right, in that Fred is the best of them...lol
    Never said they were prefect. If we are going to nit pick over trivial details then all the kids are terrible too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

How tragic that the non-Josie Pussycats have been reduced to wallpaper or don't even appear on the show now. Necessary evils of a large ensemble show I guess.
    In hindsight it makes Valerie lucky to have gotten that subplot with Archie last season (which I suspect was written in after the fake Grundy storyline in the first four episodes was widely criticised, giving Archie something to do in the second half).

It's interesting how much the show has changed from season 1. It's less about skeletons in the closet coming out and more about Hiram taking over Riverdale. More time is spent at the Lodge penthouse than at the high school (when was the last time they were in the break room, let alone a classroom?). The music, be it Archie's efforts or the Pussycats hasn't been heard in a while.

Astonishing Member

Never said they were prefect. If we are going to nit pick over trivial details then all the kids are terrible too.
    Archie isn't the brightest bulb (he spent most of season 1 not involved in the Jason murder storyline), Betty has a Mr Hyde she's afraid will emerge, Veronica tends to throw money at a problem and Jughead is narrowmindedly passionate about a cause, no matter how misguided (not many people take his vendetta against Hiram seriously).

Astonishing Member

Chick's secret can't be his paternity. He's shown disinterest around Hal, and shows general disinterest until someone pries into his past or his things. Hal's not even around when the discussion is about blood tests for Blossom heritage. Chick is almost paranoid about the tests, asking Betty not use his bathroom anymore (hypocrite that he is, he's used her bathroom without justifying himself) and seems scared when Betty tells him she submitted material of his to be tested anyway.

Chick seems to have this idea of him, Betty and Alice being a family and has cut Hal and Polly out of photos where they appear with Betty and Alice. Betty and Polly pick up bad vibes from him about Polly's twins. I'm betting this Chick isn't Alice's son, and has assumed the Chick identity for whatever reason. Having a family, or at least his idea of a family, seems to be the endgame even though he only spends mealtimes with them (he's on a webcam with clients or working otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    In hindsight it makes Valerie lucky to have gotten that subplot with Archie last season (which I suspect was written in after the fake Grundy storyline in the first four episodes was widely criticised, giving Archie something to do in the second half).
    That makes a lot of sense. Apparently even test audiences loathed the Grundy storyline so TPTB were aware pretty early on that something had to be done to minimalise it. Of course though, the joke last season was that Valerie got more screentime than Josie herself due to that romance plotline.

I feel like the Pussycats were shoved into the show for non-essential bells and whistles purposes (namely the musical numbers). Maybe it would be better if they got their own spin-off show like Sabrina as they too have their own supporting cast who haven't appeared here yet (Alan, Alexander & Alexandria and Sebastian the cat).

I wonder if the part about her stealing the real Miss Grundy's identification, who did look like the comic books Miss Grundy, also was written in later. There were also objections to Miss Grundy being a hot young woman.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if the part about her stealing the real Miss Grundy's identification, who did look like the comic books Miss Grundy, also was written in later. There were also objections to Miss Grundy being a hot young woman.
    The main problem with Grundy was that she was a sexual predator who preyed on teenage boys and emotionally abused Archie. She departed in episode four by getting away practically scot free, only making a return appearance by being killed off in the Black Hood’s most gruesome attack, and only successful murder.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Not sure what Melody's reason for vanishing is but I assumed the Pussycats as a whole vanished a bit given Hayley Law/Valerie has been busy working on "Altered Carbon" and "The New Romantic" something I noted since she hasn't been on Riverdale much like you pointed out.

So it's probably easier to have Josie focused on (plus I mean she is the title person of the band so it works overall) than try to explain why Valerie isn't present when in universe we can assume she and Melody are working together on their competitive band to Josie's standalone career.

Astonishing Member

Well that actually wasn't what I was expecting.

Chick isn't Hal's son. Certainly lends credence to the idea that FP might be his father, which would make him half siblings with Jughead. Though yeah, not what I was expecting, what a twist. :O

Interesting seeing the Lodge's actions finally catch up to someone even if sadly it's Veronica. While I get their anger it's a bit silly to think that jut because they're friends that Veronica would have to be obligated to tell them about her dad's business workings especially since Jughead is obviously against them.

Similarly while I love the drama around it I'm also a bit amused by all the arguments trying to make Hiram seem like a bad guy when while a bit shady he seems to be running all these businesses legitimately and using slightly underhanded but from what I understand perfectly legal actions. Not that he's nice and I can certainly see him getting some form of reckoning.

Though this does raise an interesting question. If Hermione and Veronica were only in Riverdale because they wanted to unplug after Hiram was in jail, why are they still there? Or is it just the parents waiting for all the prison setup to finish happening first? I wonder if the show will touch on it.

Man. The Blossom Family cannot keep it together. Guess I have to hope Cheryl finishes what she started with her mother last season. Off with her (Penelope) head I say!

Hal's similarly fallen off the grid.

And I continue to question what happened to the Black Hood plot. It can't be over yet even with the quiet in the show.

And the bromance of Archie and Jughead may finally be splintered beyond repair. Oh Jughead. Or Archie.

Fantastic Member

I hate this goddamned show, but my girl loves it smh

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I hate this goddamned show, but my girl loves it smh
    I'ma gonna steal her from you. I love the show.

So much happened this episode. The wait until the 18th is gonna be murder.

Though I’m ready for Archie to stop being Hiram’s tool lol