Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    So Chic is an imposter who killed Betty’s brother and assumed his identity when it was convenient for him. An obvious twist really, one I called weeks ago. Considering how much Chic has put the Coopers through, his fate is well earned.

Man, when Betty’s phone started chiming with Lollipop, I was taken back to earlier this season. She still didn’t tell anyone, even Jughead, and took it alone like she did before. Speaking of Riverdale’s angel of death, Betty now has her own father as the Black Hood. At this point there are barely any viable suspects (not that there were many to begin with), and we’re onto the final stretch of the season, so we’re into the endgame here.

The main characters have changed a lot over the season, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the finale is like season one’s finale, unpacking the core mystery of the season and the characters reaching decisions based on their journey’s in season two. If Hal is indeed the Black Hood, I can see Alice and FP getting together, perhaps trying for another baby after the Charles/Chic thing. Possibly the election may Factor into the finale, but I’m thinking it’ll be saved for next season, in part to show the relationship between Archie and Fred being fixed.

As for where season 3 is going, again, possibly an election storyline. Hiram’s machinations definitely, and his manipulation of Archie (who has once again made a spectacularly bad decision). Possibly introducing some supernatural elements, as Greendale’s weirdness hasn’t been used much and would be an interesting addition, as well as a way to link into the upcoming Sabrina show.

Yep. I'm surprised it took this long for Betty to suspect her Dad. It's especially weird since the Black Hood was using stuff from her childhood for that one clue and it never made sense that that was ignored so quickly.

On the other hand if Betty suspects him, in these stories it usually means the culprit is innocent. So for the first time since the series began I'm wondering if Hal really is the Black Hood like I've assumed.

With the whole Chic story I'm actually starting to be convinced that the real brother of Betty is still out there since we can't take anything he's said as true except nominally that Chic knew him and was apparently in a relationship with him and got into a fight.

The Jingle Jangle story and bloody sheets the woman saw certainly contradict one another IE that Betty's brother either OD'ed or was killed by Chic himself.

The big bombshell of sorts that quickly gets swept away was that Betty's brother was FP's son and thus Jughead's half brother. Many fans assumed it for a while so it's nice to see it get confirmed.

Of course given the level of angst that can create I can't help but feel that almost guarantees Betty's real brother will be introduced next season.

Cheryl: The Vixens and I will take the Black Hood down.

Me: I know you're a redhead but you're not Kim Possible. Leave it to the trained Professionals before more of you die.

Incredible Member

The black cheerleader outfits seemed a bit much as well as the black Pom poms, I found myself thinking did they just have these ready to go at their school or have them specially made and rushed for the funeral because that’s just odd, but then again it is Cheryl.

Now we are starting to see students take sides for the mayoral campaign, such as Kevin going team Andrews for her parents, who have will be team lodge?

I’m starting to roll my eyes every time Archie makes a stupid reckless decision, it is getting out of hand and hoping we get a redemption fast.

I feel Hal being propped up so publicly as a suspect for being the hood is a mislead. Plus the possessive stuff he said to her earlier season seems even creepier if is indeed her dad.

Heck my random guess is her real brother isn’t dead and just got super buff and is the hood, though he’d have to have the build of an older guy so can’t be, even if the baby was in their senior year we don’t know the age.

Yeah, we are still a little ways until the season finale so it definitely is surprising that Hal is already being brought up as a prime suspect. Reduces his chances of being the culprit.

So that just leaves Sheriff Keller. Hmm...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, we are still a little ways until the season finale so it definitely is surprising that Hal is already being brought up as a prime suspect. Reduces his chances of being the culprit.

So that just leaves Sheriff Keller. Hmm...
    He’d have access to archive material about the murder of Svenson’s family, and the motive to go after the Sugar Man, or at least coerce Betty into finding out who the Sugar Man was. Someone sees him around, assumes he’s investigating the Black Hood. Not to mention Keller was backstage shortly before Carrie and wasn’t seen talking to Kevin as one would assume. Unless there’s a deleted scene in there it must have been for a reason. Why else get the actor onto that set for a single appearance during a musical number?

Astonishing Member

Sheriff Keller is an interesting possibility but he seems too important to be the Black Hood as such.

And the motive unless we find out something major about Keller's history would be a bit odd. Sure he can be trying to give himself a huge victory by finding and rooting out any number of criminals but he's dragging his own name through the mud constantly to do so by failing to catch his "alter ego". And wasn't Keller completely unaware of Grundy's ties to Archie at least at the time? I don't think anyone outside of Betty and Archie's immediate family knew about it until what someone let it slip later on? Same for shooting Archie's dad for a seemingly random reason. Doesn't really make sense as is.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sheriff Keller is an interesting possibility but he seems too important to be the Black Hood as such.

And the motive unless we find out something major about Keller's history would be a bit odd. Sure he can be trying to give himself a huge victory by finding and rooting out any number of criminals but he's dragging his own name through the mud constantly to do so by failing to catch his "alter ego". And wasn't Keller completely unaware of Grundy's ties to Archie at least at the time? I don't think anyone outside of Betty and Archie's immediate family knew about it until what someone let it slip later on? Same for shooting Archie's dad for a seemingly random reason. Doesn't really make sense as is.
    Maybe he wants to be judge, jury, executioner and thinks he was restricted by law in his position as Sheriff? He has to be slightly unhinged but then again, the Black Hood IS unhinged.

I don't know where this Hal thing is going. Is it a red herring or do they want us to think it is just a red herring and he can't be it? I suspect Hal is responsible for the calls to Betty. But the person who's been calling and troubling Betty and who chased Chic in the previous episode could just be Hal manipulating Betty by pretending to be the Black Hood (Keller had mentioned the code sent to Betty didn't match the handwriting in the letter sent to Alice early on in the season, leaving the possibility open that they are two different people). Cheryl's "Marshmallow Man" in reference to Hal's lack of stealth skillz and Hal protecting Betty from the shooting at the town hall also lends credence to the theory that he's not the Black Hood.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-03-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Maybe he wants to be judge, jury, executioner and thinks he was restricted by law in his position as Sheriff? He has to be slightly unhinged but then again, the Black Hood IS unhinged.

I don't know where this Hal thing is going. Is it a red herring or do they want us to think it is just a red herring and he can't be it? I suspect Hal is responsible for the calls to Betty. But the person who's been calling and troubling Betty and who chased Chic in the previous episode could just be Hal manipulating Betty by pretending to be the Black Hood (Keller had mentioned the code sent to Betty didn't match the handwriting in the letter sent to Alice early on in the season, leaving the possibility open that they are two different people). Cheryl's "Marshmallow Man" in reference to Hal's lack of stealth skillz and Hal protecting Betty from the shooting at the town hall also lends credence to the theory that he's not the Black Hood.
    It's not Hal. Wrong eye color is the clue. The Black Hood was specifically shown to have greens eyes in this episode. When they did a close-up of Hal's eyes, Hal has blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's not Hal. Wrong eye color is the clue. The Black Hood was specifically shown to have greens eyes in this episode. When they did a close-up of Hal's eyes, Hal has blue eyes.
    OTOH guess who DOES have green eyes

OTOH guess who DOES have green eyes
    Saw this suggestion on another site. Tall Boy. The Eyebrows seem to match and there is the flattened skin under the eyes.

Yeah, I've seen Tall Boy being brought up by fans as the other major suspect. Think it being him would be anti-climactic though.

Yeah, I've seen Tall Boy being brought up by fans as the other major suspect. Think it being him would be anti-climactic though.
    Yep. Just some minor character no one is invested in. The janitor all over again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yep. Just some minor character no one is invested in. The janitor all over again.
    That’s the problem, there aren’t many plausible suspects who are established characters. That’s why murder mystery arcs need to be plotted out beforehand, so that the identity of the murderer can be foreshadowed and a developed character. Throw in some viable red herrings to shake a few skeletons.

I think the Hood at the debate was a goon hired by Hiram to do some scaremongering. I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Sheriff is in Hiram’s pocket and willing to turn a blind eye upon request. Don’t forget Hiram selected him without anyone known to have vetted him. Isn’t this where the deputy is called up? Fear is a healthy motivator for spreading the truth you want people to believe, and Hiram himself said it’s too late to back out now.

Incredible Member

Shouldn’t there be an acting mayor currently until the election and that acting mayor should have selected the sheriff? And what kind of sheriff willingly send a released citizen in a powder keg situation with no regard for lives? I don’t think there was even a police presence outside the station... I swear the amount of times I roll my eyes watching this show. But I can’t stop watching this show... even when it throws logic out the window multiple times in an episode

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Shouldn’t there be an acting mayor currently until the election and that acting mayor should have selected the sheriff? And what kind of sheriff willingly send a released citizen in a powder keg situation with no regard for lives? I don’t think there was even a police presence outside the station... I swear the amount of times I roll my eyes watching this show. But I can’t stop watching this show... even when it throws logic out the window multiple times in an episode
    Plus people have forgotten Hiram isn’t even a year out of jail, where he had been serving a sentence for embezzlement.

Did... did costumed vigilante Cheryl Blossom actually HAPPEN? Man this show.