Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Betty and Veronica are going to elope.
    Some hawt faux lesbian kissing scenes right?!
    Superhero shows are trash

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Interview with Camila Mendes aka VERONICA.

http://coveteur.com/2017/01/24/river...des-interview/

This show is getting good. Okay, I'm hooked.
    Didn't expect Betty to go cray cray vamp. Really hot looking in the black wig and dark red lipstick
    So Miss Grundy spoilers:
    may not be Miss Grundy?
    end of spoilers

lmao fucking Cheryl. "I'm a grant you one wish, Archie...just don't touch my body" bahahahaha. These fools are ridicuclous.

That wig felt more like Crimes Of Passion than Body Double.

I noticed the mention of the Steubenville rape controversy when the girls were walking into the school to get the brag book.

My wife and I are really enjoying this show. I am blown away with the solid cast and intense script, which I did not expect of an 'Archie Comics' TV show.

But wow, are they using some modern slang and situations that we both have to look at each other from time to time and say, "Did they just do what I think they did?" The last episode with the 'syrup' on the photos...WHOA!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've been a reader of Archie Comics for forty years now, and I've had ZERO interest in watching Riverdale because the whole "Leave It To Beaver Meets Twin Peaks" angle just plain does nothing for me, if anything, it bastardizes the characters I grew up with. Now, if an adaptation of Mark Waid's Archie reboot was shown on say, the Disney Channel where it would be aimed at kids and perhaps early tweens (or whatever they're called), that might be something I'd be willing to watch, not this show.
    Well if you heard what they did to Chuck Clayton-you will be glad to not be watching the show.

http://colorwebmag.com/2017/02/10/ri...chuck-clayton/

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    My wife and I are really enjoying this show. I am blown away with the solid cast and intense script, which I did not expect of an 'Archie Comics' TV show.

But wow, are they using some modern slang and situations that we both have to look at each other from time to time and say, "Did they just do what I think they did?" The last episode with the 'syrup' on the photos...WHOA!

Yeah, I was watching thinking "Wait, did they just imply that this 'sticky maple' is a facial?"

I've been digging the mystery since Day 1, but this time the drama was actually pretty good, too.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That wig felt more like Crimes Of Passion than Body Double.
    "Betty couldn't make it..." lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Yeah, I was watching thinking "Wait, did they just imply that this 'sticky maple' is a facial?"

I've been digging the mystery since Day 1, but this time the drama was actually pretty good, too.
    What!? I thought it was the flavor of the milk shake they shared...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well if you heard what they did to Chuck Clayton-you will be glad to not be watching the show.

http://colorwebmag.com/2017/02/10/ri...chuck-clayton/
    Sheesh! And I liked Chuck too. Why am I not surprised he was given a bad deal on that show about his portrayal. One more reason I will not watch that show.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sheesh! And I liked Chuck too. Why am I not surprised he was given a bad deal on that show about his portrayal. One more reason I will not watch that show.
    He was drugged, handcuffed, almost drowned in boiling water, syrup poured on his face & called a dog. All they needed was Tony Todd and we could have had Candy Man 4.

NOBODY thought that was a bad idea? The black guy was singled out instead of all the guys who played along.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He was drugged, handcuffed, almost drowned in boiling water, syrup poured on his face & called a dog. All they needed was Tony Todd and we could have had Candy Man 4.

NOBODY thought that was a bad idea? The black guy was singled out instead of all the guys who played along.
    Wasn't he the leader of the group though? The guy the rest of the guys looked up to and took their cues from. You go after the leader and the rest fall in line.
    It's like if they can do that to him, what would they do to me? I don't recall any of the characters saying anything about his race so I don't think they were
    singling him out because he was black. They went after him because he was the lead jerk.

Okay, last night was intense. Cheryl's family are old school insane. Like horror movie controlling. And the plot with the Blossoms and Coopers got a whole lot more interesting.

Now some speculation:

At Jason's wake, his mom was taken aback by how much he looked like Jason. This is the second time they've mentioned or shown that Archie and Jason Blossom look alike. (The other being the football game where Cheryl flashed an image of Jason when Archie ran onto the field.) I'm wondering if Archie wasn't the target of the killer and they just got Jason by accident.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.