Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Veronica: "Don't take this the wrong way, Cheryl, but Jason was quite handsome."
    Cheryl: "Oh, the handsomest!"

Superhero shows are trash

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Okay, last night was intense. Cheryl's family are old school insane. Like horror movie controlling. And the plot with the Blossoms and Coopers got a whole lot more interesting.

Now some speculation:

At Jason's wake, his mom was taken aback by how much he looked like Jason. This is the second time they've mentioned or shown that Archie and Jason Blossom look alike. (The other being the football game where Cheryl flashed an image of Jason when Archie ran onto the field.) I'm wondering if Archie wasn't the target of the killer and they just got Jason by accident.
    Last week's episode let slip Frundy had tutored Jason before he died, and she had the gun in her car, so it's not too far a stretch to assume she had some kind of intention toward Jason.

Fantastic Member

Does anyone have the ages of the actors playing the characters? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find the info.

Thanks in advance.

Ultimate Member

Well I googled the actress that plays Veronica and it says that she's 22, though don't quote me on that...kind of hard when we've never seen most of these actors before...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well I googled the actress that plays Veronica and it says that she's 22, though don't quote me on that...kind of hard when we've never seen most of these actors before...
    I'm pretty sure this is Camila Mendes' first role (Veronica). Actually, this kinda looks like a lot of actor's first major roles lol

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Yeah, I was watching thinking "Wait, did they just imply that this 'sticky maple' is a facial?"

I've been digging the mystery since Day 1, but this time the drama was actually pretty good, too.
    And now we know that the town and the Blossom's fortune was founded on maple syrup.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Josie & The Pussycats plus Veronica looked SIZZLING HOT in those cat outfits. HUBBA-HUBBA!

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Josie & The Pussycats plus Veronica looked SIZZLING HOT in those cat outfits. HUBBA-HUBBA!
    I was trying to figure out how the tails were moving lol.

Astonishing Member

Anyone else spot the poster to the cover of Batman #5 in Archie's room?

EDIT: There's also Action Comics and Justice League on the slanted wall. Who knew Archie had time to read comics between school, football and music?
    Last edited by jbmasta; 03-03-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post

EDIT: There's also Action Comics and Justice League on the slanted wall. Who knew Archie had time to read comics between school, football and music?
    Nice to see they are fan's of each other. I'm sure Archie reads DC to get inspiration for songs lmao

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    Does anyone have the ages of the actors playing the characters? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find the info.

Thanks in advance.
    Archie is the youngest at 19. Reggie is the oldest at 26. Most of them are between 20-24.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Nice to see they are fan's of each other. I'm sure Archie reads DC to get inspiration for songs lmao
    It's a bit odd that a show based on a property of Archie Comics aired on the CW references a property being utilised by Warner Brothers and Fox at the moment, one of which is another TV show. The CW must have made some deal or sponsorship with DC. Riverdale doesn't have any obvious parallels with the superhero genre, and Archie hasn't said or done anything to indicate he's a comic reader, but conservation of detail and the 40 minute run time means the absence of evidence should in itself be evidence.

It's a bit odd that a show based on a property of Archie Comics aired on the CW references a property being utilised by Warner Brothers and Fox at the moment, one of which is another TV show. The CW must have made some deal or sponsorship with DC. Riverdale doesn't have any obvious parallels with the superhero genre, and Archie hasn't said or done anything to indicate he's a comic reader, but conservation of detail and the 40 minute run time means the absence of evidence should in itself be evidence.
    Well, WB has a 50% ownership in the network, and the CW airs four (soon to be more) DC shows. Not that odd.

Astonishing Member

Y'know, I was kind of hoping Red Circle was the big superhero publisher in the Riverdale universe. Like, people would argue about whether the Shield or the Web would win in a fight. And there'd be big, blockbuster Mighty Crusaders movies.

It would be odd if they didn't, considering Riverdale is co-produced by Warner Bros. and CBS. And Time-Warner owns DC Comics. The Big Bang Theory is another Warner Bros. show and the characters read
    and talk about DC comics a lot more than they do Marvel comic. And notice when they do dress up, it's DC characters they dress up as, Flash, Superman, Batman. Plus Sheldon often wears Superman and
    Flash T-shirts. I don't recall Sheldon ever wearing a Marvel T-shirt. So it's sort of product placement. Much like them doing a close-up of the Cover Girl make-up in the last episode.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 03-04-2017 at 03:23 AM.