Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It would be odd if they didn't, considering Riverdale is co-produced by Warner Bros. and CBS. And Time-Warner owns DC Comics. The Big Bang Theory is another Warner Bros. show and the characters read
    and talk about DC comics a lot more than they do Marvel comic. And notice when they do dress up, it's DC characters they dress up as, Flash, Superman, Batman. Plus Sheldon often wears Superman and
    Flash T-shirts. I don't recall Sheldon ever wearing a Marvel T-shirt. So it's sort of product placement. Much like them doing a close-up of the Cover Girl make-up in the last episode.
    Cross-promotion alphabet soup. Gotcha.

Upon reflection, it is conceivable Archie could have been a comic reader before the previous school year ended and he worked at his father's construction company over the summer. He only got into music during then and it was when the school year and football started that he didn't have much spare time.

Most recent episode was good for the characters and really showed the Cooper parents as messed up. Hermione getting closer to Fred will probably lead her to the point where she has to choose between her husband's business interests and Fred's affections, sacrificing one or the other. Veronica definitely isn't trusting her anymore after the signature thing.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Love the retro 1950's style opening to RIVERDALE last episode.
    Wish they would do a whole episode with that look.

Veronica: You want me to accept your affair?!

Hermione: Yes, for now.

lol the way they speak to each other as parent and child is hilarious.
    Superhero shows are trash

Astonishing Member

Alright. This is the closest to a regular Riverdale thread for the series so I'l post here.

This latest episode continues to raise questions over the Black Hood.

Him being Betty's dad seems extremely likely so far but the motive of this all is really unclear. Is he really going after Archie's friends, family and peers etc?

Midge and Moose being attacked (did the narration say they died? I can't recall) certainly makes it seem like it's not just someone targeting Archie now as they're not particularly close but assuming it's Betty's dad it could be a mix of motives IE getting back at Archie (look at all this mess Andrews you cause all the craziness around her!) AND trying to protect Betty.

I figured if it was him he didn't attack Archie directly simply because he wants Archie to suffer or he doesn't want to hurt kids physically/directly, but that doesn't seem to be the case given this episode.

I know they want us to be worried/fearful over Hiram Lodge and Penny's actions here but despite their own apparent intentions it's not really a situation that makes me think there'd really be much to worry about.

Hiram: Mwahaha. I saved Pop's Diner but I didn't do it to be nice. I did it to make money!
    Veronica: You're...a businessman that's what they do.
    Hiram: The lighting and music really made that sound eviler in my head. Also I really DID threaten your mom.
    Veronica: Shitty. But like I said you're both pretty much **** and apparently equally in on this.
    Hiram: Huh. Yeah.
    Hermione *in the background*: Nope. Definitely not planning to stab you in the back here Hiram.
    Veronica: All I'm really worried about here is where Smithers went...

And I feel pretty much exactly the same way regarding FP warning Jughead about Penny.

Astonishing Member

What if the connection if Jingle Jangle? The drug trade was largely in the background last season, but made a resurgence in the latest episode. The thread of the Serpents and the drugs was never resolved, so maybe a rogue Serpent, who was on the construction crew (the Fred connection) or even a Serpent against the drug trade. Fitting Frundy in is tougher, but that hit was anomalous compared to the others, which were gun assaults.

An agitated Archie with a gun. This will end badly.

I bet Hermione will be Hiram's downfall. She's taken the fall for the letter, and covering for Hiram will put a strain on her relationship with Veronica. Smithers being replaced by Andre is a major sign Smithers knew too much, never a good thing for job security.

Astonishing Member

Have to admit I don't recall it at all. Was Jingle Jangle brought up last season? Or do you mean just drugs overall?

Also I have to admit I almost busted a gut laughing when the Pussycats did a cover for Milkshake. XD

Interesting that Josie was so willing to let Cheryl on the Pussycats. Josie seemed pretty dead set on not just including a random white member before. But that did seem to be more because of her mother who she was already kind of just accepted she was going to annoy anyway.

Yeah. Definitely not a good path with the gun. If it goes like most gun aesop's do Archie'll be shooting one of his friends or similar by accident soon.

Looking back I have to admit it's pretty laughable that Grundy left Riverdale only to go literally across the river to Greendale. I suppose sake of ease is just how it goes but hey.

Also I know it's ultimately just self serving or viewable as such but even I didn't think Cheryl would go out of her way to cover for FP as she did lying to the Judge, she already did her part technically before that.

While he doesn't match up to it physically, part of me laughs at the idea of the Black Hood somehow being Cheryl's father yet again just to throw everyone off.
    Everyone: Wait. Isn't he dead.
    Mr. Blossom: A clever ruse. I learned it years ago working with an escape master. Faking your own death by hanging? So simple.

My buddy also thinks it's betty's dad in the hood. It never even occurred to me.

I love Cheryl Blossom. I have a new favorite ginger
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Sarah Habel's agent "Good news, they are bringing Miss Grundy back for a 2nd season on Riverdale."
    Sarah reads script "Crap."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sarah Habel's agent "Good news, they are bringing Miss Grundy back for a 2nd season on Riverdale."
    Sarah reads script "Crap."
    "Oooh my script is in this envelope." *post it note falls out of envelope*

Anyone else think no way in hell is moose dead. Midge maybe but Moose is on the lgtb spectrum. Kill your gays is a negative trope that people are well aware of and outspoken against.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Have to admit I don't recall it at all. Was Jingle Jangle brought up last season? Or do you mean just drugs overall?

Also I have to admit I almost busted a gut laughing when the Pussycats did a cover for Milkshake. XD

Interesting that Josie was so willing to let Cheryl on the Pussycats. Josie seemed pretty dead set on not just including a random white member before. But that did seem to be more because of her mother who she was already kind of just accepted she was going to annoy anyway.

Yeah. Definitely not a good path with the gun. If it goes like most gun aesop's do Archie'll be shooting one of his friends or similar by accident soon.

Looking back I have to admit it's pretty laughable that Grundy left Riverdale only to go literally across the river to Greendale. I suppose sake of ease is just how it goes but hey.

Also I know it's ultimately just self serving or viewable as such but even I didn't think Cheryl would go out of her way to cover for FP as she did lying to the Judge, she already did her part technically before that.

While he doesn't match up to it physically, part of me laughs at the idea of the Black Hood somehow being Cheryl's father yet again just to throw everyone off.
    Everyone: Wait. Isn't he dead.
    Mr. Blossom: A clever ruse. I learned it years ago working with an escape master. Faking your own death by hanging? So simple.
    Clifford Blossom was smuggling drugs in the maple syrup shipments, which is why the Serpents and FP were linked to Jason's death. However FP was adamant the Serpents weren't selling drugs.

The second episode of season two was the first time drugs had become plot relevant without being connected to Jason's death, as well as the first time Jingle Jangle was mentioned. It's plausible Hal Cooper could be Black Hood. With Clifford dead his drug trade was exposed. It's not the first time Hal has gone over the law to do what he thinks is right.

It's possible Archie could be framed now he's got a gun in his possession. That would add to his belief there's a conspiracy centered around him, and he's hardly in the best headspace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Anyone else think no way in hell is moose dead. Midge maybe but Moose is on the lgtb spectrum. Kill your gays is a negative trope that people are well aware of and outspoken against.
    Game of Thrones has already killed "all of its gays" and not many people realized. When there is a heavy death count on a show in general, people are more accepting of LGBT deaths. Plus, going by what I've seen on social media, Moose wasn't particularly popular among the shipping crowd anyway.

Now Ethel as teased in next episode's preview could have more of an impact if they kill her off. I don't watch Stranger Things but even I couldn't escape the obsession over the character "Barb" that the same actress played on that show, whose death was apparently a big point of contention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Game of Thrones has already killed "all of its gays" and not many people realized. When there is a heavy death count on a show in general, people are more accepting of LGBT deaths. Plus, going by what I've seen on social media, Moose wasn't particularly popular among the shipping crowd anyway.

Now Ethel as teased in next episode's preview could have more of an impact if they kill her off. I don't watch Stranger Things but even I couldn't escape the obsession over the character "Barb" that the same actress played on that show, whose death was apparently a big point of contention.
    In the first episode he goes to the river with Kevin, but in the following episode Kevin cuts it off saying Moose should go back in the closet. That's pretty much where it was left off. Moose's sexuality didn't even last as long as the hated Archie/Frundy storyline (which itself was only four episodes). After the cyber bullying storyline in Chapter Three the football team shifted to the background though (in part because Reggie's actor had other commitments, with Reggie being recast for season two), and Chuck's promised revenge sworn at Jughead's unwanted birthday party is still a dangling plot thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    In the first episode he goes to the river with Kevin, but in the following episode Kevin cuts it off saying Moose should go back in the closet. That's pretty much where it was left off. Moose's sexuality didn't even last as long as the hated Archie/Frundy storyline (which itself was only four episodes). After the cyber bullying storyline in Chapter Three the football team shifted to the background though (in part because Reggie's actor had other commitments, with Reggie being recast for season two), and Chuck's promised revenge sworn at Jughead's unwanted birthday party is still a dangling plot thread.
    I'd be interested if people indeed consider Riverdale's Moose as LGBT. Could be that he just wanted to experiment coz of crazy teen hormones. I may be wrong but after that initial Kevin quasi hookup, I don't think he ever showed any interest in guys. Though I guess that's a deeper discussion regarding whether having just a one time same-sex hookup includes you in the LGBT spectrum or not.

I forgot about Chuck's threat. Wouldn't be surprised if he is fodder in the near future too. I also cannot for the life of me remember what punishment was given to the football team for the whole black book scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Sure looks like there is some dude on dude loving in the trailer. Pretty sure it's moose and Kevin too. Unless it's a flashback

Matt "peace out suckas"