Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Heard a rumor Sabrina might join the cast. But she'll be a dark, mysterious character with supernatural overtones.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Heard a rumor Sabrina might join the cast. But she'll be a dark, mysterious character with supernatural overtones.
    If anything she'll have a cameo appearance leading into her own show, since that's happening now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    There was a rumor she would be a cult escapee. Not sure how much stock you should put in that rumor.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'd be interested if people indeed consider Riverdale's Moose as LGBT. Could be that he just wanted to experiment coz of crazy teen hormones. I may be wrong but after that initial Kevin quasi hookup, I don't think he ever showed any interest in guys. Though I guess that's a deeper discussion regarding whether having just a one time same-sex hookup includes you in the LGBT spectrum or not.

I forgot about Chuck's threat. Wouldn't be surprised if he is fodder in the near future too. I also cannot for the life of me remember what punishment was given to the football team for the whole black book scandal.
    Thinking about the black book thing, I'm worried Moose was going to use Kevin for points in that.

Chuck was suspended, but I can't remember if the other players involved were. It was a suspension, and he returned at Jughead's birthday party.

Another loose thread I don't think will ever be tied up is Jason/Frundy. It was mentioned Jason was taking lessons from her, and we all know what her motives would have been. It was never elaborated upon, and I suspect dropped because of the negative reaction to the Frundy character.

Astonishing Member

What if the Black Hood who killed Grundy is a totally different person from the Black Hood operating in Riverdale? The Grundy hit is completely anomalous compared to the ones on Fred, and Moose and Midge.

What if the Moose and Midge hit was just getting rid of potential inconvenient witnesses? Black Hood looked like he was going to a rendezvous, carrying a flashlight. It could have been wrong place and wrong time for Moose to park the car there.

Wouldn't be surprised if both of these were put in as intentional misdirects. Occam's Razor, sometimes the simplest answer is correct. Why try cram in convoluted theories when it could have been a complete accident?

This Black Hood could also be an X-treme form of Punisher style vigilante justice. Killing anyone and everyone who poses a threat to the "innocence" of Riverdale.

I don't know why he had to kill Moose/Midge if they were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. He could have approached them without the hood and made up an inconspicuous excuse to get them to move. They wouldn't have thought much of it. If they then gave trouble and didn't move, then yeah, I could see him attacking them. But attacking them straight away?

Astonishing Member

This Black Hood could also be an X-treme form of Punisher style vigilante justice. Killing anyone and everyone who poses a threat to the "innocence" of Riverdale.

I don't know why he had to kill Moose/Midge if they were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. He could have approached them without the hood and made up an inconspicuous excuse to get them to move. They wouldn't have thought much of it. If they then gave trouble and didn't move, then yeah, I could see him attacking them. But attacking them straight away?
    Potentially incriminating witnesses for something we aren't aware of happening yet?

Astonishing Member

Something someone mentioned elsewhere but...

What was the final story beat on Mrs. Cooper's first pregnancy? I thought it was just left as the mother getting an abortion.

But I read somewhere it was said in the show that she ended up giving the baby away?

It might not match completely then but... what if the Black Hood is that child IE Betty's older brother? It would explain the resemblance to her father if that's the twist.

I do so love mysteries.

No, they specified Alice didn't have an abortion despite Hal pressuring her to. She gave birth to a boy who's now a full grown adult and will be appearing later on in the season. They announced the actor (Hart Denton) cast to play the character (Chic Cooper), and he has none of the features of the Black Hood actor/double that we do know of.

Astonishing Member

I don't know why he had to kill Moose/Midge if they were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    He could have approached them without the hood and made up an inconspicuous excuse to get them to move. They wouldn't have thought much of it. If they then gave trouble and didn't move, then yeah, I could see him attacking them. But attacking them straight away?
    Drug users.

Knew they wouldn't kill Midge and Moose

Matt "peace out suckas"

So wait did is Betty against Keller's Woodside rendezvous because he's gay or because it's unsafe with a killer out thwre. Is he reading into her concern?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

Did anyone catch all the inside jokes and references in the latest episode?

The Black Hood being a vigilante (reference to the MLJ character)

Archie's "neighborhood watch" being called The Red Circle (name of an attempted revival of the MLJ heroes in the '70s).

What was clearly a Mighty Crusaders comic to inspire The Red Circle

Teen gang in Southside being called the Ghoulies (reference to cartoon Sabrina and the Groovy Ghoulies)

Drug named Jingle-Jangle (title of a song by The Archies in the 1960s)

New character Toni Topaz. Pretty much self-explanatory. She's a popular enough character in Archie Comics.

That's all I got. Got any I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    So wait did is Betty against Keller's Woodside rendezvous because he's gay or because it's unsafe with a killer out thwre. Is he reading into her concern?
    Pretty much that one. Oh, and maybe hooking up with strangers in the woods sounds hella dangerous/stupid in the best of times, but mostly killer on the loose thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Did anyone catch all the inside jokes and references in the latest episode?

The Black Hood being a vigilante (reference to the MLJ character)

Archie's "neighborhood watch" being called The Red Circle (name of an attempted revival of the MLJ heroes in the '70s).

What was clearly a Mighty Crusaders comic to inspire The Red Circle

Teen gang in Southside being called the Ghoulies (reference to cartoon Sabrina and the Groovy Ghoulies)

Drug named Jingle-Jangle (title of a song by The Archies in the 1960s)

New character Toni Topaz. Pretty much self-explanatory. She's a popular enough character in Archie Comics.

That's all I got. Got any I missed?
    Is MLJ the publisher of Archie Comics? They did stuff other than Archie/Jughead/Betty and Veronica Digests? Oh and the Sonic comic books.
    Learning new stuff.

What song was playing when Archie opened the box with the gun and the comic books?

Astonishing Member

Huh. I found the note from the Black Hood suitably creepy but... anyone else surprised he called himself a Wolf to the sheep/public? Hard to believe he'd see himself as the bad guy in the story.

Definitely loved the Red Circle reference/shoutout.

And while probably ill advised I absolutely loved everyone pitching in to protect Riverdale and form that said Red Circle.

I've never heard of Toni Topaz before in fairness since my ArchIQ is pretty low but still cool. Like the actress thus far here.