Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'm thinking Sheriff Keller is one possibility.
    Seeing how they seem to want the audiences to think that from the preview for the next episode, kind of doubt it as it's still too early so all major suspects at this point will just be red herrings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Seeing how they seem to want the audiences to think that from the preview for the next episode, kind of doubt it as it's still too early so all major suspects at this point will just be red herrings.
    Or will be suspected of the wrong thing. Maybe Black Hood has someone in the police working for him, and who let him in to kill the Sugar Man. Holding Sheriff Keller hostage over Kevin like he did Polly to assure Betty's cooperation?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Or will be suspected of the wrong thing. Maybe Black Hood has someone in the police working for him, and who let him in to kill the Sugar Man. Holding Sheriff Keller hostage over Kevin like he did Polly to assure Betty's cooperation?
    There is a theory that spoilers:
    the person communicating with Betty is not really the Black Hood. The hint being Sheriff Keller pointing out that the letter sent to Alice and the code sent to Betty did not have matching handwriting. One suggestion is that it's Hal who harassed Betty (seeing how the caller knew about the Nancy Drew code book from Betty's childhood) because he wants her to end relationships he doesn't approve of like with Jughead and Veronica.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

There is a theory that spoilers:
    the person communicating with Betty is not really the Black Hood. The hint being Sheriff Keller pointing out that the letter sent to Alice and the code sent to Betty did not have matching handwriting. One suggestion is that it's Hal who harassed Betty (seeing how the caller knew about the Nancy Drew code book from Betty's childhood) because he wants her to end relationships he doesn't approve of like with Jughead and Veronica.
    end of spoilers
    That'd explain how the Black Hood who tormented Betty knew where Polly was, when Hal and Alice were the only ones who Betty had told. That'd also explain why that Black Hood didn't make a move on Nick when Betty gave him up. The Sugar Man investigation may have been a distraction technique to keep Betty from looking into other matters.

Astonishing Member

That could certainly be an interesting line of thought. I've wondered myself why they stressed the different murder type of Grundy if they were going to just say it was the Black Hood all the times.

If so the others would possibly still be the Hood's with the only actual one by the impersonator being Grundy's and perhaps the attack on Midge and Moose.

Oy. I can see that being the season finale too. "YOU'VE CAUGHT ME. BUT I WASN'T THE ONE BEHIND EVERYTHING."

I love this weird, goofy, sweet and smart show so much.

Astonishing Member

That last episode made me feel sorry for Chuck. He looked like he was genuinely trying to make amends, but Cheryl sabotaged it and took him back to square 0.5. Not to mention the janitor, who looked seriously stalkery.

When I heard Greendale, I assumed that was the connection Black Hood used to bump Grundy. She could have decided to use drugs to seduce young men. Bit of a long shot though, since she was keeping her exploits under the radar in Riverdale and would want to keep things like that in Greendale. Speaking of which, we never got any confirmation what exactly was in the crate. Considering even FP, former leader of the Serpents, knew to steer clear of Penny, it could be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    That last episode made me feel sorry for Chuck. He looked like he was genuinely trying to make amends, but Cheryl sabotaged it and took him back to square 0.5. Not to mention the janitor, who looked seriously stalkery.

When I heard Greendale, I assumed that was the connection Black Hood used to bump Grundy. She could have decided to use drugs to seduce young men. Bit of a long shot though, since she was keeping her exploits under the radar in Riverdale and would want to keep things like that in Greendale. Speaking of which, we never got any confirmation what exactly was in the crate. Considering even FP, former leader of the Serpents, knew to steer clear of Penny, it could be anything.
    You think it could be occult stuff? Maybe that wheelchair bound lady is the Head Witch of the Greendale Coven or something? Ooh.

Speaking of, Netflix has snatched Chilling Adventures of Sabrina away from The CW and signed it for a straight to series, two season order because they are THAT confident in its potential: https://deadline.com/2017/12/sabrina-the-teenage-witch-series-picked-up-netflix-2-season-order-1202218168/

Wow!

You think it could be occult stuff? Maybe that wheelchair bound lady is the Head Witch of the Greendale Coven or something? Ooh.

Speaking of, Netflix has snatched Chilling Adventures of Sabrina away from The CW and signed it for a straight to series, two season order because they are THAT confident in its potential: https://deadline.com/2017/12/sabrina-the-teenage-witch-series-picked-up-netflix-2-season-order-1202218168/

Wow!
    It's basically a one season order. 20 episodes split into two 10 episode seasons filmed back to back.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    It's basically a one season order. 20 episodes split into two 10 episode seasons filmed back to back.
    20 episodes is a lot, especially for the first season. For comparison, Riverdale Season 1 was just 13 episodes like the MCU Netflix shows (and I assume what the CW must have had in mind for Sabrina). It can validly count as two seasons if that's how Netflix is framing it as.

Netflix also offers full ownership to WBTV for the show while with the CW, they'd have to share it.

Do we really think Cheryl was Josie's Stalker? I was sure it was the janitor.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Do we really think Cheryl was Josie's Stalker? I was sure it was the janitor.
    There was the creepy picture Josie had and later Cheryl is drawing a creepy picture in a similar style. Not sure what the point of that was otherwise.
    If it was the janitor then it seems he should have been shown to have artistic abilities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There was the creepy picture Josie had and later Cheryl is drawing a creepy picture in a similar style. Not sure what the point of that was otherwise.
    If it was the janitor then it seems he should have been shown to have artistic abilities.
    The picture only came in after Josie was giving Chuck a chance. The janitor was conveniently willing to take Chuck out of the classroom when Chuck was confronted about the picture and the heart. Could be the janitor is innocent, and the paranoid nature of the episode is making us think otherwise.

Astonishing Member

Yeah that episode certainly implied that Cheryl was the one "stalking" Josie but I don't think it's that simple. Part of me thinks the Janitor is part of it too but Cheryl doesn't know it.

I think the Janitor was the one initially sending Josie stuff. Cheryl thinking it was Chuck after Josie tells her about it decides to turn the tables and up the creepiness with the art and then to send the heart to get Josie to herself and get Chuck in trouble. The Janitor monitoring Josie after likely overhearing Josie tell Cheryl about the gifts is worried someone will link it back to him and when he hears "Chuck" was caught/behind it makes sure to act horrified to clear himself of potential wrongdoing by taking Chuck to Weatherbee.

Because if nothing else you generally don't put that much focus on a side character as such unless it's building something, and the show LOVES complicating things. Cheryl will think she's done Josie a favor only for it to blow up for them when the Janitor does something skeevy or bad down the line.

As for the barrel it being occult didn't even occur to me. I figured it was just full of drugs or other illegal things.

Astonishing Member

Other bits to wonder. Part of me thinks the Janitor may also be built up to be the Black Hood, or an option for it. If we assume he has some creepy interest in Josie it's possible he holds her up as a symbol of purity. But that's a pretty unlikely scenario at least so far.

Anyone else think Penny's phrasing makes it sound like she's angry at FP and indirectly with Jughead because she and FP had some relationship going on in the past?