View Poll Results: Which '80s team-supreme did you like the most?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Teen Titans

34 57.63%
  • Outsiders

5 8.47%
  • Legion of Super-Heroes

27 45.76%
  • Infinity, Inc.

8 13.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Another interesting tidbit is that around the time that DC was courting Marvel's Miller and Byrne for Batman and Superman, they reportedly approached Claremont to take over Titans.
    But Claremont declined and then told Wolfman about DC's offering him the book.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Another interesting tidbit is that around the time that DC was courting Marvel's Miller and Byrne for Batman and Superman, they reportedly approached Claremont to take over Titans.
    Whoa ...

Considering that Wolfman was honoring Claremont's style while ignoring the fact that Claremont's heroes were always treated as intelligent, competent warriors; that was just plain redundant.

Still, I wonder how things might have gone if Claremont had written Titans again ...

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Whoa ...

Considering that Wolfman was honoring Claremont's style while ignoring the fact that Claremont's heroes were always treated as intelligent, competent warriors; that was just plain redundant.

Still, I wonder how things might have gone if Claremont had written Titans again ...
    I think it fell in line that 'New DC''s post-Crisis prime directive seemed to be more to handicap Marvel at the time (by taking Byrne and Miller, and potentially Claremont). The best 'candy' DC had to offer Claremont would've been Titans, considering it had been compared to X-Men.
    And 'Claremont on Titans' would've been cover-worthy publicity for DC in the fan press.

I'd wager that DC would've offered Claremont an opportunity to revamp the Titans, similar to the deals they made with Miller and Byrne.
    So we probably would have seen a new #1 and likely a new origin for Donna.

Legion first, Infinitors second.

Retired

DC should've offered the Legion to Chris Claremont. That team would have been a better fit for his talent, since his X-Men were really just the Legion in the 20th century. And as Paul Levitz was an exec, he probably would've been in on the negotiation and willing to give up the book if they could get a name writer like Claremont. Levitz was needing to give up writing anyway, as his other job demanded all his attention. And we would've been spared the TMK Legion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    IMHO, Infinity never quite recovered after the changes brought on by Crisis.
    Btw. was there ever an explanation how the Earth Two Green Lantern Characters (Allan Scott, Jade, Obsidian) are connected with the Earth One/New Earth Green Latern mythos?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. was there ever an explanation how the Earth Two Green Lantern Characters (Allan Scott, Jade, Obsidian) are connected with the Earth One/New Earth Green Latern mythos?
    Secret Origins #18

I voted for the Legion as that's the team I know best from this period.
    I'm 22, so I wasn't around when all these runs came out, but I plan to read most of them soon. I've never read any classic Outsiders or Infinity Inc issues at all.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I currently own the entire Baxter series for LoSH, and Infinity (which arrived in the mail on Friday), 1-86 of New Titans, and plan on getting the Outsiders in the near future, along with the Titans books, so I’ll wait before I make an informed decision.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Ironic that both George Perez and Keith Giffen left their books almost immediately after the Baxter run started. While Legion continued to tell great stories, Wolfman had an admitted writer's block and the quality of that book dropped like an anchor.

I choose Legion of Super Heroes.

Astonishing Member

Ugh Baxter editions and taking the books off the newstand was one of the worst marketing ideas of all time. It killed almost all of those titles.

New Teen Titans suffered a big drop in quality after the Trigon storyline and introduced (then) one of the worst Titans of all time in Danny Chase.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

NTT then Outsiders for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Omg can you imagine Claremont in his prime taking over Titans???

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The fact that they have only collected the the first year of the Baxter Legion series is one of DC comics biggest shames. That whole run should be collected in trades.

The order that I liked these books are New Teen Titans, Legion of Super-Heroes, Outsiders and Infinity Inc. I read Legion in the 70's. I started with the two parter in which Superboy leaves the Legion and when Titans started I read it. I loved the preview of Outsiders in Brave & Bold #200. I read Infinity's first appearance in All-Star Squadron. Legion and Titans Baxter Series I did not read until they reprinted them in the original series. Infinity I did not read until after it was cancelled. Outsiders I had a subscription to but I cancelled it because at the time the subscription department was sending it to the wrong state. Now I have all the issues of Infinity, Titans and Outsiders. I am still missing some of the issues of Legion.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have the entire runs of all four titles having kept up with them during publication. My heart will always be for the Titans, no matter how badly things go for them. I do remember being so very disappointed in the stories at the time and having gone back and read about the internal issues, it really showed through in the book. Legion is my second favorite. For me, I much more preferred Steve Lightle's work over Giffen's and then Immonen's, but still loved the book none the less It's a shame DC hasn't been able to maintain a stronger title for both teams, more so with the LSH than with the Titans.
    While I enjoyed the Outsiders, they never really hooked me in quite like Titans or the LSH. I loved Infinity Inc but often felt like the art never quite was there after Ordway left. The one brief shining moment I recall was Todd McFarlane's brief stint as his layouts were new and exciting at the time. I do still have a major soft spot for the characters and probably liked the book more so than Outsiders. I just wish there was some way to get those guys back and have a proper Infinity Inc series.