Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

I'd prefer if Kaine got 'em back. I thought it was a nice move giving it to him, especially since Kaine lacked a spider-sense and The Other seems to be a rather aggressive entity. Also kinda gives him something unique as a Spider-Person, being the physically stronger and all, which kinda works well with his personality. As for Peter, I'd prefer if he continues on his current path, upgrading himself with tech. He also gets stronger, but by a different method. Plus I just personally think it's more fun because with technology he can create lots of toys, webbing and stuff.
    Last edited by AmazingFantasy; 02-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I always thought that it was stupid and lazy that organic webbing looked exactly like web fluid webbing.
    What else would it look like?

natural webs were very cool. As was spider-empathy and bug communication (though presumably not control). I'd be okay with abandoning the stingers. Enhanced strength is a plus. The 'tactile web vision' is a plus.

Fantastic Member

Tactile webbing was really cool, seeing across the web. If not stingers at least the legs that go with iron spider, superior suit. Made sense for carrying extra weight and looked cool. Also can Pete still stick someone to his back?

Astonishing Member

I did not like when Spider-Man had organic webs,it seemed that was just something that was made in comics to make the Spider-Man of the comics resemble more the Spider-Man of the movies by Sam Raimi.
    Thats a bit dumb,because the movies of super heroes get their ideas from the comics and not the other way around.
    The stingers is quite worse even,the less said about that better.
    Its like giving real wings to the Batman to make him resemble more a real bat,just dumb.
    It is beyond me the reason to making significant chances to already cool power sets to great characters as Spider-Man.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 02-08-2017 at 04:12 PM.

BANNED

Didnt peter create his own cosmic power sorce, he could create his own powers based on celestial stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Maybe more thin white webs like most actual spiders. But that might be harder to depict on a page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Maybe more thin white webs like most actual spiders. But that might be harder to depict on a page.
    But... that's what web fluid looks like. Artist have (most of the time) drawn web fluid like it was an actual spider's web. And if he'd had natural webbing right from the start it would likely have looked exactly the same.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Not Sure. But I'm not a professional comic book artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Not Sure. But I'm not a professional comic book artist.
    Well, here's the thing... Actual real life spiders? They actually use web fluid. Web is briefly liquid when it exits the spider.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I did not like when Spider-Man had organic weapons,it seemed that was just something that was made in comics to make the Spider-Man of the comics resemble more the Spider-Man of the movies by Sam Raimi.
    Thats a bit dumb,because the movies of super heroes get their ideas from the comics and not the other way around.
    The stinkers is quite worse even,the less said about that better.
    Its like giving real wings to the Batman to make him resemble more a real bat,just dumb.
    It is beyond me the reason to making significant chances to already cool power sets to great characters as Spider-Man.
    You make good points, it's just with so many other spidermen, seems Peter is the lame spider in the group. Silk is supposedly stronger then him, miles seems to be stronger then him. I liked the organic webbing, with the fact he can also make it. So if he needs to deal with electro he can. Just seems that Peter will be surpassed by miles very soon as main guy as he don't stand out

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    You make good points, it's just with so many other spidermen, seems Peter is the lame spider in the group. Silk is supposedly stronger then him, miles seems to be stronger then him. I liked the organic webbing, with the fact he can also make it. So if he needs to deal with electro he can. Just seems that Peter will be surpassed by miles very soon as main guy as he don't stand out
    Dont see how the classic power set of the original Spider-Man can make him the lame one because of new characters as Silk or Miles.
    The organic webbing was copied from the movies if i am not mistaken and had nothing to do with the powers that Spider-Man got from his origin from Amazing Fantasy 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Peter does have one advantage, his huge popularity. Peter Parker is one of the most beloved comic book characters of all time, second only to Superman and Batman (and even then I'm not sure that their popularity translates into the same kind of fondness for the characters, if that makes any sense). Look at the franchise as a whole. The other Spider characters have nowhere near the same level of impact. Heck, the most successful Spider comic series right now are arguably standard Amazing Spider-Man and Renew Your Vows, both of which star Peter. He's been a big hit in the movies, toys are on the shelves, he's getting a new cartoon (granted with co-stars, but no one is trying to create a Miles solo cartoon yet). Peter Parker isn't going anywhere; none of the other characters have shown the popularity or staying power to compete.

Fantastic Member

I like the little web balls that were shot at venom to get between Eddie and the symboite

Think organic webbing is to rigid - there is only so much Pete can do with what shoots out of his body ...

He can get creative with those cartridges

Also -not really an other power ... But that silly belt buckle spotlight makes me smile ... It's so dorky lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I like the little web balls that were shot at venom to get between Eddie and the symboite

Think organic webbing is to rigid - there is only so much Pete can do with what shoots out of his body ...
    I don't think there is an actual difference shown in the comics between the two kinds of webbing.