Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    I'd prefer if Kaine got 'em back. I thought it was a nice move giving it to him, especially since Kaine lacked a spider-sense and The Other seems to be a rather aggressive entity. Also kinda gives him something unique as a Spider-Person, being the physically stronger and all, which kinda works well with his personality. As for Peter, I'd prefer if he continues on his current path, upgrading himself with tech. He also gets stronger, but by a different method. Plus I just personally think it's more fun because with technology he can create lots of toys, webbing and stuff.
    Yeah I agree that Kaine would be a better fit personally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think there is an actual difference shown in the comics between the two kinds of webbing.
    In the movies, Peter can use organic webbing to create the impact balls of webs.

BANNED

maybe he also should shoot acid as I read somewhere that's what spiders use to solidify their webs. He would also have to eat his webbing after use to recycle it and have a ready supply.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

While I do want Peter to keep getting stronger, I'd prefer him get upgrades through his own ingenuity and intelligence rather than mystical powers. I've always seen Peter as more of a scientific character than magical character.

Besides, I think the Other powers fit better with Kaine anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    While I do want Peter to keep getting stronger, I'd prefer him get upgrades through his own ingenuity and intelligence rather than mystical powers. I've always seen Peter as more of a scientific character than magical character......
    Bravo, I couldn't have put it better myself.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    While I do want Peter to keep getting stronger, I'd prefer him get upgrades through his own ingenuity and intelligence rather than mystical powers. I've always seen Peter as more of a scientific character than magical character.

Besides, I think the Other powers fit better with Kaine anyways.
    Spidey shouldn't be batman/ironman/mr fantastic liye either, hes a superhuman who is stronger than brainaic superheroes and relies on being a metahuman to be a good hero if not better hero than most characters under his own weight class.

So i say balance him, if magic can give him coll super upgrade that can make him punch out hulk. Then by all means let him be that way, as well as having a keen intellect to operate on the street or scientific range of his adventures.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Spidey's Other powers were an interesting concept, still I don't believe it could hold up long term if reintroduced.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Bravo, I couldn't have put it better myself.
    Haha, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo
    Spidey shouldn't be batman/ironman/mr fantastic liye either, hes a superhuman who is stronger than brainaic superheroes and relies on being a metahuman to be a good hero if not better hero than most characters under his own weight class.

So i say balance him, if magic can give him coll super upgrade that can make him punch out hulk. Then by all means let him be that way, as well as having a keen intellect to operate on the street or scientific range of his adventures.
    I don't really think Peter needs a definite upgrade, I've always preferred Peter's strength to be intentionally left unknown so we can have moments like him holding up a skyscraper or whatever. Also, I personally think Peter works best as someone who can use both his extreme intelligence and his superpowers to his advantage. Say he builds himself an armor that makes him a Hulk level hero, but it gets hacked or damaged somehow. No problem, he jumps out and keeps kicking butt. Or say his powers are faulty again - don't worry, that why he brought his nanotech armor along! Being as powerful as the Hulk kinda ruins that. I wouldn't mind him being that powerful when both his intelligence and powers are in synergy, like if he builds an armor or creates a temporary genetic enhancer which builds on his existing powers. But not a permanent thing, since it doesn't really fit with the rest of his power theme.

Also, I hate the term "batman/iron man/Mr. Fantastic lite". He isn't a lite version of any of those characters. He is smarter than two of them, more powerful than two of them, and more noble in action than all three....

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I did not like when Spider-Man had organic webs,it seemed that was just something that was made in comics to make the Spider-Man of the comics resemble more the Spider-Man of the movies by Sam Raimi.
    Thats a bit dumb,because the movies of super heroes get their ideas from the comics and not the other way around.
    ??? Actually it goes both ways. Comics influence movies, movies influence comics, cartoons influence comics etc etc...

Organic webbing only makes sense if it comes out of his ass.

If they go that route it might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Organic webbing only makes sense if it comes out of his ass.

If they go that route it might be interesting.
    Are you going by the "Spiders spin webs from their butts" thing? Because that's not true.

It actually comes from their abdomen, so in human terms it would be more like shooting webbing from the belly button. ... Which is still ridiculous just in a different way.

In my opinion, no.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Ι do not think so. These powers (not to mention the entire storyline) were not toο well received.
    Personally, i liked them.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 02-14-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    ??? Actually it goes both ways. Comics influence movies, movies influence comics, cartoons influence comics etc etc...
    I was talking more of a general way as the movies of super heroes are based on the characters from the comic books,thus that change done to Spider-Man in the comics due the Spider-Man movies was something i disliked.
    Plus the organic webs did not made that much sense even in the narrative of the stories due it being way diferent from the original powers Spider-Man got in Amazing Fantasy 15.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Plus the organic webs did not made that much sense even in the narrative of the stories due it being way diferent from the original powers Spider-Man got in Amazing Fantasy 15.
    Why? They essentially worked the same way as the artificial ones did and didn't really change the story that much.