Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default The Lego Batman Movie Review

Got back from the Lego Batman Movie and I was absolutely blown away by just how good it was, so many easter eggs in it!

Check out my full thoughts on the movie below

Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

BANNED

It's getting good reviews so far. Too bad its not part of the DCEU

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    Well, it would be difficult to fit into the DCEU canon. For one thing, this seems to take place very early during Batman's career. And secondly, the characters in the DCEU are not made of LEGO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Well, it would be difficult to fit into the DCEU canon. For one thing, this seems to take place very early during Batman's career. And secondly, the characters in the DCEU are not made of LEGO.
    Yeah, I am just tired of all the DCEU hate. The MCU has worse films than MOS and BvS but MCU always gets a pass.

People seem to be using the lego batman as proof that critics are not paid by disney to bash DCEU movies. I never thought critics are actually paid to like MCU films and hate DC films but I always felt the critics turn into soft puppies whenever they review the mcu movies. they go way too easy on their movies compared to the DCEU and X-Men films.

Lego Batman is mostly a kid's movie so the critical reception of the film will be lighter than the DCEU films.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I am just tired of all the DCEU hate. The MCU has worse films than MOS and BvS but MCU always gets a pass.

People seem to be using the lego batman as proof that critics are not paid by disney to bash DCEU movies. I never thought critics are actually paid to like MCU films and hate DC films but I always felt the critics turn into soft puppies whenever they review the mcu movies. they go way too easy on their movies compared to the DCEU and X-Men films.

Lego Batman is mostly a kid's movie so the critical reception of the film will be lighter than the DCEU films.
    I love DC a lot, but their films have been pretty stinky since MOS (Which, I loved). BVS wasn't good, suicide squad neither. Nevertheless, I hate the idea that people pay for marvel reviews. If they do, that sucks. Personally, I hated;

Captain America
    GOTG
    Ant-Man (enjoyed more on second viewing)
    Hulk

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I don't believe anyone pays for Marvel reviews but there is very clear bias. I've enjoyed all the movies produced by both companies except for Thor[both] GOTG, AOU and I'm really looking forward to LEGO Batman. Glad it's getting rave reviews.Warner/DC is due some positive media.

BANNED

So much for critics are biased against DC films logic. They're just biased against bad films like any sane person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So much for critics are biased against DC films logic. They're just biased against bad films like any sane person.
    Iron Man 3

HULK 08

Iron Man 2

Thor 2

GOTG

AOU

Are bad films IMO

Looking forward to seeing it .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I love DC a lot, but their films have been pretty stinky since MOS (Which, I loved). BVS wasn't good, suicide squad neither. Nevertheless, I hate the idea that people pay for marvel reviews. If they do, that sucks. Personally, I hated;

Captain America
    GOTG
    Ant-Man (enjoyed more on second viewing)
    Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I don't believe anyone pays for Marvel reviews but there is very clear bias. I've enjoyed all the movies produced by both companies except for Thor[both] GOTG, AOU and I'm really looking forward to LEGO Batman. Glad it's getting rave reviews.Warner/DC is due some positive media.
    Iron Man 3

HULK 08

Iron Man 2

Thor 2

GOTG

AOU

Are bad films IMO
    I can't believe you're all against the Guardians of the Galaxy. It's like the Lego Batman Movie, but in space. Plus how can you say no to a talking tree and Raccoon who stole the show with their antics ?

BANNED

If only DCEU tried to HONOR the past instead of making their films dark, grim and real, then maybe the critics and audiences would accepted them better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I can't believe you're all against the Guardians of the Galaxy. It's like the Lego Batman Movie, but in space. Plus how can you say no to a talking tree and Raccoon who stole the show with their antics ?

Lego Batman is almost like a cartoon so the rules are not the same as GOTG. I am sorry but I hated gotg. it was awful to me and the jokes were not funny. the story was so cliche and poorly written.

a talking tree who say only three sentences is cringe worthy and derivate. how can that have stolen the show for anyone?

the racoon was forgettable.

GOTG is one of the worst comic films I have ever seen in my life.

a talking tree who say only three sentences is cringe worthy and derivate.
    Derivative of what? How many movies have you see that have talking trees that only saw three sentences?

GOTG is one of the worst comic films I have ever seen in my life.
    You must not have seen many comic films.

It's not even one of the worst Marvel movies.

Is good? I should see that film in the future.

I saw Lego Batman yesterday. I liked it, but didn't love it. The easter eggs were great, but a lot of the jokes fell flat for me.