Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

My current read and tunes:
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    This is one of those issues where you get a peek into Mystique and Destiny's home life with Rogue. ����

I am not reading X-Men right now, so I sent you a picture of what I'm reading tonight seperately.

I inquired about your read. ♡♡♡♡♡

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    This pretty thing arrived recently with some others (excuse my messy desk, it's always messy). I may read it tonight, or not. If I do, it'll be out of read order for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Issues 244 and 245 are awesome.

Uncanny x Men 245 has the guys such as Wolverine, colossus and Havok be all drunk and fight weird aliens. A fun goofy issue
    Yeah, great funny issues these two. Although art in #244 is *cough* a bit *cough* better than in #245.

Wow. Awesome issue. First silent page in UXM, IIRC.

This is my last re-read:

I wasn't very interested in the plot, honestly, but I think it's still a good Adams' work --mainly because Dan Green's inking matchs perfectly, it brings the drawings a much richer and deeper texture than, say, Austin's, who is too plain and 'scratched'. IMHO.

The doomed romance between Rachel and Franklin is pretty moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Yeah, great funny issues these two. Although art in #244 is *cough* a bit *cough* better than in #245.
    Yeah, like, how do you go from Silvestri to Liefeld?
    But I could be completely biased since I'm pretty sure Silvestri is my fave X-Men artist. Though, that is a really difficult decision to make. lol.

Wow. Awesome issue. First silent page in UXM, IIRC.
    Yeah, I did not end up reading it. lol. I pulled it out to read, obviously, but I'm in outback era right now, and had so, I wanted to continue to read from there. I ended up reading #233 and #234 last night. The end of them battling the brood and Maddie ran into Sym, aannnddddd so I'm going to start that awesomeness. But featureless Jean, and then Maddie, and watching Cyclops play Mrs. Potatohead was pretty odd.

This is my last re-read:

I wasn't very interested in the plot, honestly, but I think it's still a good Adams' work --mainly because Dan Green's inking matchs perfectly, it brings the drawings a much richer and deeper texture than, say, Austin's, who is too plain and 'scratched'. IMHO.

The doomed romance between Rachel and Franklin is pretty moving.
    I have not read that one yet, that I can recall.
    But, my X-Men reading is kind of all over the place because I just see an issue that looks interesting to me, and I pick it up and start reading it. It depends on my mood. I should probably not do that because it will most likely confuse me on sequence of stories, but whatever. lol.

I have not read that one yet, that I can recall.
    But, my X-Men reading is kind of all over the place because I just see an issue that looks interesting to me, and I pick it up and start reading it. It depends on my mood. I should probably not do that because it will most likely confuse me on sequence of stories, but whatever. lol.
    LOL that happens to me too. I just finished what was left of Byrne's run. I had read the second half of his run, the very beggining and the Alpha Flight issues, but I had yet to read the whole Magneto fight, the trip to Japan when Wolverine meets Mariko and the Proteus saga.
    Since I had the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past trades, when I decided to read Claremont's run, I just continued from #144 onwards without looking back until recently.
    Now I finally read everything from the Thomas/Neal Adams' run up to Inferno (with the exception of #64 and #66, two fill-ins).
    Yesterday, I started my Wolverine reading. I only read the first issue of the 1982 mini, but I loved it. Frank Miller really killed it. I'm less excited about the ongoing, but since I'm reading basically all other X-books from the period, I'll give it a try at least.

Not better, just different. ��

Some people like Rob Liefeld...

Art Deco dot motion lines? ��

De stijl, anyone? ��

Movement. Movement. Movement. ��
    You make a good visual argument there.
    This actually changes my life. lol. ♡
    Thanks for pointing that all out.
    Admittedly, I have not read much at all with his art, and I think what is shiwn, usually, is his art taken out of context, plastered with a lot of negative feedback.

This is why I try not to say too much negative, in detail, about someone's work, because it can shut someone off from having a possible different art experience from someone else.

Here I see his art more in its entirety, full-paged, which is different than seeing a foot, or waist, here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    LOL that happens to me too. I just finished what was left of Byrne's run. I had read the second half of his run, the very beggining and the Alpha Flight issues, but I had yet to read the whole Magneto fight, the trip to Japan when Wolverine meets Mariko and the Proteus saga.
    Since I had the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past trades, when I decided to read Claremont's run, I just continued from #144 onwards without looking back until recently.
    Now I finally read everything from the Thomas/Neal Adams' run up to Inferno (with the exception of #64 and #66, two fill-ins).
    Yesterday, I started my Wolverine reading. I only read the first issue of the 1982 mini, but I loved it. Frank Miller really killed it. I'm less excited about the ongoing, but since I'm reading basically all other X-books from the period, I'll give it a try at least.
    I tried to read Wolverine's solo, and I am positive it is just me, but it was a total snoozefest.
    I could not get into it.
    Wolverine, by himself, bores the snot out of me.
    I know I am alone in this. lol.
    But let me know how it goes!♡

This pretty thing arrived recently with some others (excuse my messy desk, it's always messy). I may read it tonight, or not. If I do, it'll be out of read order for me.
    That issue is utter perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    That issue is utter perfection.
    I have 9 issues before I get to it.
    Outback era is proving to be a fave, so it won't take me long to get there. ♡

Nope. Not alone. ��
    That can be a scary thing to admit 'round these parts, so I said it with caution. lol.
    Glad I am not the only one. I made it though...like...9 issues before I just had to give it up.
    It was not entertaining me, and I kept falling asleep as I was reading. lol.

I tried to read Wolverine's solo, and I am positive it is just me, but it was a total snoozefest.
    I could not get into it.
    Wolverine, by himself, bores the snot out of me.
    I know I am alone in this. lol.
    But let me know how it goes!♡
    Which solo run was it?
    I've read some great Wolverine stories, some awful Wolverine stories and some awfully repetitive Wolverine stories.
    At least half of the good ones involve supporting cast or guest stars though - so that backs up your by himself comment.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Aaron's Wolverine: Weapon X was really enjoyable. I really loved the Wolverine Goes to Hell arc.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Which solo run was it?
    I've read some great Wolverine stories, some awful Wolverine stories and some awfully repetitive Wolverine stories.
    At least half of the good ones involve supporting cast or guest stars though - so that backs up your by himself comment.
    This one:

zzzzzzzzzzzz

I have all the CC issues of that one.

They are okay-ish. 🐱

Logan shines as a sidekick for Ororo or Alison though. 😸
    I mean, I love Claremont, and the art is good, but I was just bored out of my mind.
    He also shines when he buddies up with Nightcrawler.
    And, yeah, he works so well with Alison. <3

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Aaron's Wolverine: Weapon X was really enjoyable. I really loved the Wolverine Goes to Hell arc.
    I really loved the "Goes to Hell", too, but I like Mystique, and Kurt had a cameo.
    I really love their friendship. ♡♡♡