Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Here's an interview with Yang regarding the big reveal at this issue's end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Here's an interview with Yang regarding the big reveal at this issue's end.
    Thanks for this.

Yang confirms what I already suspected. There was no way he was going to use a racist caricature without using it to criticize racist sterotypes in the first place.

Been getting more and more into this book, and I kinda love that last page reveal? It's just ballsy and interesting enough in a metatextual sort of way, like if Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison had a weird comic baby together, except that I wouldn't trust either of those guys remotely enough to handle this particular sort of story . Really, there's probably not any writer out there I'd trust with this concept other than Gene Luen Yang, and even then it only sort of works in this book because of the clear commentary context and how the rest of the book sets it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Thanks for this.

Yang confirms what I already suspected. There was no way he was going to use a racist caricature without using it to criticize racist sterotypes in the first place.
    Oh, hell no. It may not be obvious to the casual reader, but he's like David Henry Hwang, Constance Wu, Ming Na Wen, etc. The use is deliberate and is to illuminate the underlying racism.

Bat-Man having a Joker whose goal is to free them from the rigid and unrelenting confines of their role as the Bat-Man of China is certainly an interesting variation of the traditional Batman/Joker dynamic, with some shades of the Catwoman dynamic (loved one who's also a criminal they have to bring in).

Not to mention it's another member of the League's family who's a revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by hilden b. Lade View Post
    here's an interview with yang regarding the big reveal at this issue's end.
    thank you.

yellow peril villain.. Hahahaha.

This character is identical to 1937.. I find fantastic that.
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-09-2017 at 02:45 AM.

Great issue, yet it makes me sad that it is not selling very well but I hope that DC will manage to keep it around for at least 5-6 more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Great issue, yet it makes me sad that it is not selling very well but I hope that DC will manage to keep it around for at least 5-6 more issues.
    I'm not sure if the move to $3.99 would even give it a stay of execution. Issue #6 floppy sales is at 20K and at the $3.99 price point, Marvel seems to put titles on the chopping block at 18K.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I actually talked to Viktor just recently, I'll add a quote or two from him below.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Bogdanovic View Post
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I hear it's not doing so well sales-wise. We have like a small fan base who really loves the book but we need to get more people on board with the next story arc so - spread the word if you can, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Bogdanovic View Post
    Yeah, I hope we can turn it around. Love drawing that book.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    This is the best comic out there at the moment
    Not even close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Not even close.

It might not be the best,but it is fun to read

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I actually talked to Viktor just recently, I'll add a quote or two from him below.
    Damn it.

Sounds like New Super-Man is on the chopping block if sales don't increase by the end of the next arc. The same probably goes for Superwoman.

My two favorite Super books are on the way out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Damn it.

Sounds like New Super-Man is on the chopping block if sales don't increase by the end of the next arc. The same probably goes for Superwoman.

My two favorite Super books are on the way out.

Hopefully "when" they get cancelled we get a SUPER family book with every SUPER character that doesn't have a title,and could be a great place to bring characters back that we miss (like Kon)

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Hopefully "when" they get cancelled we get a SUPER family book with every SUPER character that doesn't have a title,and could be a great place to bring characters back that we miss (like Kon)
    I dunno about a Super family book all in the same story but I'd love to see an anthology-style one. I remember Marvel used to have multi-story books such as Amazing Adventures (1970) #1 (feat. Inhumans and Black Widow).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    I dunno about a Super family book all in the same story but I'd love to see an anthology-style one. I remember Marvel used to have multi-story books such as Amazing Adventures (1970) #1 (feat. Inhumans and Black Widow).

Yeah like a 80 page giant,they had individual stories in the book,just a SUPER family book would have everyone under the same umbrella of titles.they could have their ongoing stories every month.